Part 1: Northam & Mistlevy

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Part 1: Northam & Mistlevy

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Encampment: About 3 Miles from Northam
We begin with the group camped near Northam the group was on their way to Northam to get more information and for their next adventure. When the group is woken by a man yelling something and heading towards their camp. The group takes interest in the fellow and as he gets closer everyone prepares for the worst until they can tell that he is one of the Stormhammer Rangers. Having noticed that he is one of the Northam protectors or local authorities the adventurers can now hear the mans words. “Northam has been razed!” the man shouts. Then upon reaching the camp he catches his breath and says a bit more slowly "Northam was razed. None survived. Send reinforcements immediately." now that the ranger is closer you notice the man looks like he's been in the fight of his life and barely survived. The stormhammer ranger is mortally wounded. Luck he was able to make it to your camp let alone pass his message on. The ranger collapses slowly, first on his knees then face down on the ground and it appears he's stopped breathing. The group now cam mill over the brief information and decide what to do should they go investigate Northam or should they consider travelling elsewhere?

Actions?
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 1: Northam

#2 Post by Dram »

Luxor Balthorn- He is dead? What do we do now? I say we find the closest army as the man said. Not being a man to charge into danger.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by tarlyn »

Mist

The Genasi listens to the man then frowns at his demise. It is always sad when an innocent dies.

I agree. But we should also find out as much as we can about what exactly razed Northram.

Eyes narrowing, aware of the area's past, Mist adds in a semi vehement tone Might be Dragons. I do not hope

so, but would relish the chance to eliminate some evil dragons if the chance presents itself.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Jo

"I suppose we could do some scouting before going for help. I am up for that."
Last edited by Rex on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Brock

A deeply tan gnome of normal size with an expertly groomed white goatee and frosted tips crawls out of his bedroll at the commotion. He's dressed in fine noble clothes from the latest styles. "Bro. I told you we needed to put up the dome last night. We always get woken up early when we don't." He looks to the trees to spot his Owl familiar. "Yo! Dr. Whoo! Where are you?" At that moment, a white owl descends and lights upon a nearby branch, asking for breakfast.

Eventually, Brock's attention turns to the fallen ranger. He scoots over to him, lifts his head and gently puts it back down. "Yeah, stabby bro, he's dead." He turns to the others. "Well, we were going there anyway. Looks like there's going to be some job openings. Looking at you, twiceling. They're going to need a whole new militia. Could be quite lucrative." Brock smiles and rubs his fingers together.

He starts to break camp and gather his things. "Dragons, huh? Well, you're the expert, blue bro. Someone go wake the others. Those drinks last night must have been stronger than I thought."
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Cwreando »

Drex

You see a bald elf in a dark blue robe.

Drex quickly gives the ranger a sip of his healing potion to try and save the man,"He may not be gone just yet." Drex continues to try and save the man with a bit more of the potion. He continues to check for a pulse or breathing but will stop if it's obvious he's gone.

"We should find out more but we should also make sure to honor this man's attempt to get help. Let's check things out then go get help if it's needed."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by tarlyn »

Mist

The Genasi kneels next to the fallen Ranger and Drex, on one knee.

I agree that if he is dead we should honor him laying a hand on Drex's shoulder.

Finding out more about the razing of Northram is imperative to what our next move will be. Perhaps scouting

would be our best bet. I volunteer for that task.
GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The ranger is beyond the aid of a healing potion. He's quite dead. It's a miracle that he made it to warn you about Northam.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Cwreando »

Drex

Drex says somberly, "Very well. Scout ahead... those that wish. I will bury the ranger quickly and follow."

Drex looks about for either stones or he uses his shortsword as a makeshift shovel of sorts to dig a small grave.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Jo

"I will help bury him, not the sneakiest and my Pa always said it goes faster with 2 than 1."
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Cwreando »

Drex

Drex nods to Jo adding,”We best search the man for intel in case he had anything that concerned the area in question. Anything that can help us best come with us. He can’t use it where he’s going. If you’d like to say something by all means offer your prayers. I’ll ask Corellon to help guide him to his deity or accept him.”
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Jo

Jo says some words over the body, then gets to work searching it and then digging and dragging.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Brock

Brock stands over the burial, supervising. "Grisly business, burying the dead. Still, would be nice for people to say things at my funeral."

He bows his head and speaks. "Dead bro. We hardly knew you, but you seemed brave and strong. The town of Northam will never forget your sacrifice." He raises his head and continues. "Now. I'll have the Dr. fly up and ahead to help scout the area, which of you bros are scouting on foot?"

Brock uses his mage hand to help dig and fill the hole.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by tarlyn »

Mist

Mist turns to Brock I am going to scout ahead on foot.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#15 Post by Scott308 »

Ivaran Liaris

The elven druid says Hold one moment. I can aid you in your scouting.

He then uses his Staff of the Woodlands to cast Pass Without Trace on the party. +10 on Stealth checks for the next hour.
Last edited by Scott308 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scouting

Scouting ahead the scouting party sees a group of travelling merchants on the road that appear to be coming from Northam. The scouting party stop the merchants and asks about Northam. The merchants share the following information.

Merchant 1: "Northam has been decimated by the Ixtupi lizardfolk."

Merchant 2: "We were at Northam's great mead hall, it was built by the same generation of Crannogfolk who killed the great wyrm Nyrionaxys, you know the wyrm whose name means Bringer of Ruin. Well we heard the warriors who killed her brought her head back to Northam after their victory, where they flayed it down to bone and horn and mounted it upon the wall of their great mead hall as a reminder of their ultimate triumph over the evil dragon."

Merchant 1: "We think this prevoked the Ixtupi to attack Northam. We heard rumors that the Ixtupi are preparing for war and attacked the village to reclaim their ancient queen’s remains and exact their revenge upon the descendants of her killers."

Both merchants nod their heads when the other is talking showing they both agree in what the other is saying. Then they both conclude saying "Nothing in Northam but dead Crannogfolk if you go there be careful not many made it out of Northam those that did like us are headed to Mistlevy." being slightly familiar with the area most folk know Mistlevy is the next town west of Northam.

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Jo

"Thank you, keep traveling to Mistlevy and warn everyone you see. When you get there let them know the ranger sent word of the attack, but didn't make it, he died of his woulds."

Jo will continue along to see what he can learn.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Dram »

Luxor(Lux)- Lux scouts also with the others. If there nothing but dead left in Northam. How did you survive the attack?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#19 Post by Scott308 »

Ivaran Liaris

The elf assists with the burial, saying a few nondenominational words while waiting for the scouts to return.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Brock

After burying the ranger, Brock waits for his familiar and the scouts to return. He takes a minute to conjure up a comfortable chair to sit on while he waits. Uses minor conjuration.

He leans back and relaxes. "Hey bro. Should we wait here, or just follow behind at a distance?" He asks this as he closes his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest.

Return to “Deadly Delves: Reign of Ruin (5e)”