2ed OOC Posts

masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

2ed OOC Posts

#1 Post by masuro »

Anything that isn't part of the adventure can go here.
Find campaign information at Beoling Net.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: 2ed OOC Posts

#2 Post by masuro »

It looks like characters are just about ready and we have three players. I am going to start posting in the adventure thread even though there are still a few things to work out in your character sheets and spells. I imagine the first few days of posting won't have any combat so you can finish those things up as we go along. I'm looking forward to this game and doing some good role-playing.
May your characters live long. :)
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by masuro »

A little information about Elvish religion, since it has come up in the adventure thread. Elves do not worship gods as such. They worship their ancestors and they believe their power comes from their ancestors in particular and from all Elvish ancestors in general.
By the way, the Elvish language is called Lingua and the Human language is called Pritanish.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by masuro »

Good poems. Did you make them up yourselves?
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by masuro »

The Mind Bender Tavern is a clean, well-lighted place where everyone from the common worker to the pleasure seeking noble can come to enjoy a drink and relieve the stress of the day.
The owner of the tavern is a woman named Dawn, an illusionist who retired from adventuring about ten years ago. She is originally from Midport but was active near Beoling when she decided to give up the life of adventure and open a place where she didn't have to work too hard. She takes care of brewing the alcohol and potions and servants and an assistant take care of serving, cleaning, and cooking.
The Mind Bender Tavern's menu is famous in Beoling and the services are unique in the whole of Suthdael. The very rich travel for many miles to stay for a week or so and sample the delights created by Dawn.

Menu

Beer, pint 1cp
Beer, Stout 2cp
Spiced Beer 5cp
Whisky 1cp (1 shot)
Blueberry wine 1sp (bottle)
Potion (hallucigenic) 10gp
Potion + Fantasy 50gp
Anisette 5cp
Strawberry liquer 5cp
Raspberry liquer 5cp
Barleywine(beer) 5sp
Mead 1cp

Basic Meal 1cp (fried vegetables, potato pancakes, bread and cheese, etc)
Good Meal 2cp (roast chicken, potatoes, gravy, steamed pudding, etc)
Excellent Meal 1sp (rare meats, exotic spiced vegetables, cakes, etc)

There are also rooms available for the weary. A common room can sleep ten people and costs 2cp a night. There are eight regular single rooms at 5cp a night and three very good rooms for the well-heeled customer. These special rooms each come with a servant and cost 1gp a night. Long term rates are available (typically half price if you stay a month).
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by masuro »

It's the New Year here in Korea and family is coming to visit so my posting may be slow until Monday.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by corum »

Happy New YEar! :D

I may also be slow as I am on holiday and can only post when I find a WiFi hotspot :(
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by masuro »

Thanks. Enjoy your vacation.
We got a kitty cat just before the New Year. I am thinking of adapting it for D&D as a creature of pure energy with a movement rate double that of humans.
Stik
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by Stik »

This "fish with legs" thing sounds intriguing. Like the sort of thing that would be talked about in taverns and marketplaces and such. The sort of thing that might become a tale, a tale that might be repeated, repeated and heard by someone with an ear for that sort of thing, someone like...I don't know...a bard, perhaps?

In other words, using the Local History NWP, has Darius heard in his travels anything about this sort of thing?
Player's Handbook wrote:Local History: The character is a storehouse of facts about the history of a region the size of a large county or a small province. The character knows when the ruined tower on the hill was built and who built it (and what happened to him), what great heroes and villains fought and fell at the old battlefield, what great treasure is supposed to be kept in a local temple, how the mayor of the next town miraculously grew hair on his balding pate, and more.
The DM will provide information about local sites and events as the character needs to know them. Furthermore, the character can try to retell these events as entertaining stories. Once the subject is chosen, he can either make a proficiency check and, if successful, add that tale to his repertoire, or actually tell the story to other characters. If the character succeeds in entertaining them, the player need not make a proficiency roll for the character, since he has succeeded. The character can tell these stories to entertain others, granting him a +2 bonus to his Charisma for the encounter. But telling stories to hostile beings is probably not going to do any good.
Local History is a Charisma based skill.
His CHA is 15.
Die roll on Unseen Servant Dice Roller came up 10 (although I am unable to figure out how to get proof of that to show up here...)

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... 69&pcid=75
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by masuro »

Don't worry too much if you can't get the die roll linked.
Darius doesn't have much detail to go on but he thinks the creature seen by the old man (if he really saw anything at all) could be a merman, in which case there is nothing to worry about because mermen (and maids) are not normally aggressive. However, the man said it looked like a big white fish with legs. Mermen have tails. If it isn't a merman then possibly it could be a sea spirit called aglaecwif. Few who meet these female creatures live to talk about them. Some say these evil things make a lair near fishing villages and feed on men who go out to fish. When people stop going out to fish the creatures move on. These creatures are thankfully rare and it is possible there is only one.

By the way, everybody is doing a great job of role-playing. It's a very enjoyable game to referee.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Slavery

#11 Post by masuro »

Slavery is an accepted part of human society. People can become slaves for several reasons. They could be captured in combat (though war is rare except when the wild men from the highlands make raids) and sold in the slave markets. Most of these men become gladiators because they are hardy and not much use for domestic chores. A person could also become a slave for not paying debts. Criminals who pose a threat to society are usually executed or, in the case of thieves, have their hands cut off. Criminals guilty of other serious but non-violent crimes are often sold as slaves or exiled. (Crimes such as moving fences or unfair business practises are settled in small courts.) Children who are abandoned by their parents may also become slaves if the city government cannot find a home for them. These children often become slaves to the state and more often than not get released when they reach adulthood.
Slaves are not necessarily ill-treated in this campaign world (with the exception of gladiators, of course) and are considered servants to whom you don't have to give wages. Mistreating a slave inside the city is a crime.
Dwarves, Gnomes, and Halflings do not keep slaves because of their family structures. All necessary work can be done by the family pulling together and accomplishing tasks. Elves don't keep slaves because they don't trust others to do their work properly. An elvish proverb is, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."
Humanoids such as goblins often have slaves. These slaves seldom live long.
Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#12 Post by Falln »

masuro wrote:By the way, everybody is doing a great job of role-playing. It's a very enjoyable game to referee.
Thanks, it's a very enjoyable game indeed.

I'm also running a PbP campaign, but on Obsidian Portal. This is the link for those interested in reading a lot ;)

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns ... sts?page=2

The biggest difference with this one is the fact that it's a dungeon crawl.
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by masuro »

Interesting format. I like how the player actions are all in the comments of your posts. I bet that makes things easy for you to find later.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by corum »

masuro wrote:Interesting format. I like how the player actions are all in the comments of your posts. I bet that makes things easy for you to find later.
Agreed, that portal uses an awesome format... great reading
Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Falln »

corum wrote:
masuro wrote:Interesting format. I like how the player actions are all in the comments of your posts. I bet that makes things easy for you to find later.
Agreed, that portal uses an awesome format... great reading
The only bad thing is the fact that there isn't a way to rolll dice and mail them to the dm.
The bonusses you get for paying money is also minor: you can use the forum and upload mora than one map.

The wiki is a good thing, but it's rather hard to keep it up to date.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by corum »

added equipment location to char sheet thread
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Combat

#17 Post by masuro »

Combat will be done by the book to keep things easy on the memory. Adding lots of house rules might make for a slightly more interesting game but if you are involved in several different games with different rules things can become confusing.
That said, I am using all the optional combat rules such as weapon type vs. armour type, weapon speed, and initiative modifiers, including the optional ones in table 56. Also, we will be using individual initiative.
Remember that characters die at 0 hit points so be sure to retreat if things are going badly.
corum
Tracker
Tracker

#18 Post by corum »

edited init roll - dont know what game I am playing - no worries!

Also do you have the Campaign ID for the die roller?
masuro
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by masuro »

I have just registered and created the Beoling campaign. I guess you can associate your character or ID with that campaign.
Falln
Tracker
Tracker

#20 Post by Falln »

masuro wrote:I have just registered and created the Beoling campaign. I guess you can associate your character or ID with that campaign.
Campaign ID (Get this from your DM/GM.)
I think we need a number

Return to “Suthdael Campaign”