Return To The Ruins (Warlords Palace)

OGRE MAGE
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Return To The Ruins (Warlords Palace)

#1261 Post by Rex »

Drest

If Drest hears the mention of a silver dagger, "Toss the silver dagger to me it can't be worse than nothing!"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1262 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

The Ixian suddenly realises that Akhilleus gave him the witches dagger to look after. He draws the weapon, and once those fleeing the tunnel are out of the way he hurries down the tunnel with the dagger held in front of him to get it to Drest as quickly as possible.

"Quickly, get this to Drest" he hisses and he heads down the tunnel.

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#1263 Post by silifi »

Sik will grab Magda's extra bullet if able while positioning himself a few feet behind the entry way to the tunnel, giving room for his allies to escape.

He stands ready to fire a silver bullet as soon as the spectre is out of the hallway.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#1264 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc's voice resonates in the ancient tongue, its tone growing increasingly assertive.

"Have you forgotten to respect your master? I have issued a command, and you will obey! Failure to comply will only prolong your service. My masterpiece nears completion, and I will not tolerate delay due to insolence. Release him and guide him down the corridor. Prove your dutiful service to me."
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1265 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Backs up Belloc, and hopes that his gambit pays off.

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1266 Post by subaltari »

Magda

The girl puts not one, but TWO silver sling bullets in Sik's huge paw, while smiling approvingly at Belloc's bold bluff.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1267 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cyril peers ahead fingering his silver holy symbol. He begins making his way closer to the foul thing, doing his best to nudge his way past the party in the narrow passageway.

"Depending on its response to Belloc, I have one shot I may take as well here. It almost certainly will not kill the thing, only scare it away and if we truly can't harm it...we may need an evacuation plan."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1268 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Under The Zakath Desert
Feeling Choked
No Idea On Time Or Day

As folks jockey for position inside this narrow hallway, it becomes quite clear that the bigger, more heavily armored members of the group are impassable. Those still in the room await the tip of the spear to return in vain.

Ceana seems unwilling to squeeze past Belloc, instead brandishing her torch towards the thing with Akhilleus being simply too large for either member to pass. So, unable to do much else, the Fighter simply squats down to provide the learned Mage behind them better access to their aggressor.

Drest tries again to detach himself from the choking hands of the shadow figure, simply unable to maneuver his pack around with the thing still trying to kill him. It squeezes his neck even tighter while the others reposition. (-1 STR)

However, as badly as things seem, all is not yet lost. When Belloc commands the feind to release his comrade again, this time with less confusion going on in between them, the monster obeys, releasing the Scout from its cold, painful grasp to acknowledge the command. Drest sees the thing jerking its head around in rapid confusion initially, before it answers. "Yes my master. I will do as you command."

The dark humanoid shape turns its back to Drest and slowly starts to float in the direction of yonder doors, just as it was instructed to do.

Actions?

hallway.jpeg
hallway.jpeg (51.12 KiB) Viewed 116 times
Drest (Sc4) FA:3 AC7 16/22
Xenos (DS3) FA:3 AC5 17/17
Akhilleus (F4) FA:4 AC4 19/35
Kainaxarthos (C2) FA:1 AC6 9/11
Magda (W2) FA:0 AC9 8/8 Hooded Lantern
Sik (Ba1) FA:1 AC5 9/12
Cyril (Pr2) FA:0(20) AC8 12/12 CLW, DM Torch
Ceana (D2) FA:1 AC5 13/13 Torch
Taibhse (Sh2) FA:0(20) AC5 11/11 Torch
Belloc (M2) FA:0(20) AC6 14/14

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#1269 Post by silifi »

to clarify, the shadow is going "north" , away from those of us gathered outside the hallway?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1270 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Correct.

It is moving towards the closed doors at the end of the narrow hall.

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#1271 Post by silifi »

Sik peers down the hallway and sees the shadow moving away from Ceana's torchlight.

"I don't know what's happening, but we should rejoin our party," he says, and cautiously moves down the hallway, keeping his sling ready to fire if needed.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#1272 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc

nods to follow the shadow and starts to walk down the hallway as he can
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1273 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest moves away from the shadow.

Whispering to the others, "I am pretty weak. Who has that silver dagger? I would like something I can at least stand a chance with."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1274 Post by shaidar »

Xenos hands the witches dagger to Drest.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1275 Post by Rex »

Drest

Thanks Xenos. He keeps the dagger in hand for now and moves back for now so he isn't point.

Sheet updated. I have him currently at a 11 Strength. Loosing his +1 to damage.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1276 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cyril follows along to see how this develops. "What an interesting creature, held here in bondage by sorcery."

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#1277 Post by subaltari »

Magda

The Ixian witch re-enters the passage and tries to get to the fifth or sixth place in line (maybe behind Belloc), as she is now carrying her Hooded Lantern and there are no light sources frontward of her in the marching order. Skavi scoots again between and around feet to get closer to the shadowy sentry.

The_Wanderer wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:09 pm"What an interesting creature, held here in bondage by sorcery."
"Never eats, never sleeps, never 'dies' of old age, indeed the ideal agent for some long term task," Magda agrees, with an unsettling tone of admiration for the necromantic pact. She also looks at the party's clever magician in a new light... no longer merely in envy of his weird and eldritch staff.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1278 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He congratulates Belloc. "Those years learning whatever language that was weren't wasted. I think."

Kain continues with the group, intrigued at what the specter was protecting.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1279 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Feels relief when he sees Belloc's play worked out. He will wait and be the last one into the hallway.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1280 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Under The Zakath Desert
The End......Of The Hall
No Idea On Time Or Day

Unable to pass each other in these tight confines, Akhilleus needs to literally lay down on the floor for those behind to walk over the top of him in order to change positions. The well trained Fighter knows full well that most of the groups weapons, spells, and tactics will be utterly useless inside this hallway, yet a few still persist to arm themselves for battle and follow into the hallway despite this obvious obstacle.

Belloc squeezes by Drest in the same manner, as the Scout no longer wishes to lead the way in his temporarily weakened state.

The shadow figure stops at the end of the tunnel once it reaches an ancient iron door mottled with rust. It shakes it's head around violently a few more times, as if it isnt sure what is actually happening here.

"You wish to exit the complex, my master? Back into the wilds of Underborea? The way......remains locked."

Actions?

Drest (Sc4) FA:3 AC7 16/22
Xenos (DS3) FA:3 AC5 17/17
Akhilleus (F4) FA:4 AC4 19/35
Kainaxarthos (C2) FA:1 AC6 9/11
Magda (W2) FA:0 AC9 8/8 Hooded Lantern
Sik (Ba1) FA:1 AC5 9/12
Cyril (Pr2) FA:0(20) AC8 12/12 CLW, DM Torch
Ceana (D2) FA:1 AC5 13/13 Torch
Taibhse (Sh2) FA:0(20) AC5 11/11 Torch
Belloc (M2) FA:0(20) AC6 14/14

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”