Combat Declarations Thead

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Combat Declarations Thead

#1 Post by max_vale »

Okay; we'll use this thread to declare actions for Combat rounds; in essence; the Lower PERCEPTION characters declare first; and then actions occur with Higher PERCEPTION characters actions happening "first" (Exception: Dodges and other Reaction skills always occur before anything else) Ties with PERCEPTION score go to Characters to declare second and actions occur simultaneously.

Note: For Force Users; thier SENSE Skill code is used if higher than PERCEPTION. (Which for Borsk...it is! :) )

Okay; for this action we have 4 Imperial Guads with PER 2D+1; everyone is within melee range (1-3 meters). The Guards all have Blaster pistols in hand.

For the PCs: Caius has a Perception of 4D; Borsk has a 2D+1 (but a Sense of 3D); and everybody else has 3D (plus Borsk with his Sense 3D)

So; the Guards will declare first and act last....

Each Guard will take one shot at each character (the one who shot Terra, saw Caius illuminated from his shot and turned to face him)

Please go ahead and declare your actions in this thread......
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Combat Declarations Thead

#2 Post by NJWilliam »

Caius will scream loudly as he rushes the nearest guard to tackle him, his plan is to 1) distract the guards to look at him so the rest can attack them from behind, and 2) get in so close that they won't want to use their blasters for fear of blasting each other.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
WarGrunte
Runner
Runner

#3 Post by WarGrunte »

Zeke will rush out of the cell and dive into a tackle at the closest guard, trying to go at a angle that would allow the two bodies to collide with another guard and tangle all three up.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Vargr1105 »

Lord will bulrush and attempt to overbear one of the guards. It is his intent to drop the man to the ground (even if they both go down) and wrestle with him; hoping their intertwined bodies will refrain the victim's companions from shooting at the melee for fear of hitting their comrade.
Corsair
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by Corsair »

Terra will lie unconcious, having been shot. If she regains conciousness, she'll try to keep still until a guard comes near, then kick upwards with all her strength and put her boot into his crotchular area.
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by angelicdoctor »

La'Reth will maintain his telekinesis in order to avert being stunned with the Imperial's blaster. The Bothan will attempt to use his skill to force 'friendly fire' by wrestling with the Imperial's aim directing it away from himself and his companions to the Imperial's fellow squad members.

Telekinesis [3d6] = 13
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

Angelic: I won't make you re-roll; but just so you know....it will be more difficulty to force the guard's blaster towards one of his companions as opposed to just "Up" and away from pointing towards anyone....does this change your decision any?

Everybody: The next round is now in play.....from reading the post; Caius is (in game terms) making a Brawling attack on the Guard in front of him (NJWillian...just so you know, with the highest PER, you actually can declare your action last after everyone else has; and then your action is resolved first); Borsk is using TK on the other standing Guard's blaster (and possibly forcing it towards one of his companions).

What's everyone else planning on doing? 'Lord'? Zeke? Terra? (yes, you can act normally this round! :) )
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by angelicdoctor »

max_vale wrote:Angelic: I won't make you re-roll; but just so you know....it will be more difficulty to force the guard's blaster towards one of his companions as opposed to just "Up" and away from pointing towards anyone....does this change your decision any?

Not really. Ideally, I would like for Borsk to change the trajectory of the Imperial's aim to one of his own, however, I will be satisfied with simply keeping his aim off of the character. Thanks!
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Vargr1105 »

Wait, so now we are doing combat declarations on the Action Thread?
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by angelicdoctor »

Vargr1105 wrote:Wait, so now we are doing combat declarations on the Action Thread?
It seems odd to me to have these separated. This would be the first time I have participated in a PbP which had done so. It took me a post or two to get used to consciously committing to it myself.
Corsair
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by Corsair »

Terra's going to try to put the boot in.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by max_vale »

The general idea of the Declarations Thread was mostly so that I can get the declarations and iniatiative order right; whereas making a post with actions included can sometimes be rendered moot if the character in question is stunned before thier action happens or if the target of thier attack is taken down before thier turn is up; etc.

Also; the Declaration thread is to break things down into game terms vice flavor text.....For example; I am using the various "Tackle Guard X" or "Wrestle with Guard Y" texts translated as "Brawling" attacks in Game Terms.

So; Vargr could say in this thread:

Lord makes two Brawling attacks against the Guard.

While in the main thread; he could write: "Mattel grabs the Guard's forearm with his right hand and his shoulder with his left hand and attempts to spin him into the wall; following up with a Kick toward's the Guard's solar plexus."

Does that help?
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by max_vale »

Oh yeah; and I edited Zeke and Corsair's posts slightly.....Zeke's guard still has his Blaster in Hand; but there IS a Blaster on the Floor near Zeke; dropped by the Guard that Mattel is fighting. Also; Corsair...the Guard is not jumping up to retrieve a Floating Blaster; he's still got his hand on it; it's just not pointing where he wants it to and he's "fighting" against Borsk's TK pushing the weapon away from the party.

Hopefully this makes sense to everybody!

Vargr; action(s)?
Corsair
Scout
Scout

#14 Post by Corsair »

Gotcha. Thanks for the clean up and clarification!

Also, would it make it easier for us to post, either here or in the IC thread, what skill we're attempting to use? For example, it would make sense for Terra to use

Brawling: 4D

for her action attempt. If that would make it easier for you so you wouldn't have to look at everyone's record sheets each time we attempt to do something, I'm happy to do so.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by max_vale »

Sure; that works for me...but it's really no sweat to look up the stats; so if you forget or if you don't feel like it; no worries!
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Vargr1105 »

Lord will make a grab for the pistol that the guard dropped.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by max_vale »

Okay; next round up....3 Guards conscious; though 1 is too stunned to do anything.

Guard 1 will attempt to shoot Caius

Guard 2 will make a Brawling attack against 'Lord'

Guard 3 is on the ground; holding his oompa-loompahs while his Blaster is 'floating' in the TK grip of Borsk.

Actions?
WarGrunte
Runner
Runner

#18 Post by WarGrunte »

Zeke will probably aim at the guard 1 and nail him before he can take out Caius
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by angelicdoctor »

La'Reth will telekinetically move the blaster over to within Terra's reach wherein he will then release it into her custody for use.
Corsair
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by Corsair »

La'Reth, can you let Terra know it's coming? Yell "Catch" or something? ;)

Terra's going stand up and make sure the guard isn't getting up soon. If he looking like he's trying she's going to kick him in the head. Assuming she's alerted to the blaster she'll catch it, unless it's TK'd right into her hand, which would be kind of spectacular.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”