Rider of Rohan

Re: Investigation 1 - Etta + Lionel: Leave the Hammer for t

#2 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
Investigation 1: Etta + Lionel:
Save the Hammer for the Man
Aug. 10, 2018, 9:00am
Warm, Humid

Julia  hands Etta and Lionel one of the forms.   So this guy called in yesterday and seemed really nervous.  Like he was scared he shouldn't call nervous.  He said he is a foreman on the night shift at one of the local old warehouses here in town.  Can't say I know much about it myself.  Says there have been some sightings over the years of something, and occasionally someone will get hurt and it gets blamed on a ghost.  Recently it happened again and the man said it was one of his coworkers from way back that died on site.  The address is on top of the form.  The regular dayshift guys and higher ups should be there I think.  I don't know if they know he called or not.  Hopefully, he left a note, but he wouldn't give a name.  We might want to approach this one with kid gloves if you know what I mean.  Some people get touchy about finding out someone went over their heads. 

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 52/57 (*)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 52/58 (*)

* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#3 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Sounds like it could be interesting. Uh, Julia? How far away are the two sites? I was thinking the group going farthest should take the Ecto, unless anyone has strong objections.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
Aug. 10, 2018, 9:00am
Warm, Humid

Julia  She nods and points a thumb over to the other team.  Well, it looks like I am driving the guys over to the other job at the church, so I think you are all clear for the Ecto.  I'll be forwarding all the calls from her to my cell in the meantime, but I won't have access to our database while I am out.  I'll take a notebook though just to keep records and transfer them when we get back.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 52/57 (*)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 52/58 (*)

Scott308

#5 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel enters the address into his phone's GPS. If you're ready to head out now, Etta, your chariot awaits. He will head to the garage and depart for the warehouse when everyone is set.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta eschews the GBI jumpsuit for her usual black cardigan with a Ghostbuster pin on the lapel. She packs a rolling bag with diagnostic equipment, and rolls it down to the garage to meet Lionel. She groans as she hauls herself up into the elevated frame of the SUV, grumbling, "Couldn't just get something sensible. I guess I should be grateful it's not a Camaro." However, once she settles in, she admits that the seats are plenty comfortable. And so many cupholders!

Patting Lionel on the leg, she says, "Alright, let's go!"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac packs up the stuff in the Jeep and throws his jumpsuit on. "Ready to go."
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

John Henry Tooling Warehouse
Aug. 10, 2018, 9:15am
Warm, Humid

They arrive in in good time and with no problems to the local warehouse.  From the outside it looks like any other workplace, with plenty of factory noise nearby.  There are a few bay doors open to allow circulation of air as well as people, and there is an office door off to one side with an open sign and work hours posted.  Everything seems in order and there is steady traffic moving up and down the street behind you as you park.  You are able to see some workers moving around inside the warehouse are through one of the baydoors.  Everything seems to be normal here, and you are not immediately approached.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 54/59 (*)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 59/ 65 (*)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta, thinking back to her experience at Belmont's church, takes a PKE reading from the car, just in case. "I hope the day shift is onboard with the night foreman's call, or this could be a very short visit."

Assuming nothing is immediately setting off the meter, she rolls her bag up to the bay, and calls over a worker. "Excuse me, can you point us towards the foreman?"
Scott308

#11 Post by Scott308 »

Decked out in his jumpsuit with the sleeves rolled up and the zipper open a bit, Lionel accompanies Etta to go find the foreman.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Bluehorse »

Etta pulls out her phone and sees some pretty wonky readings but then gets the realization that they are just within visual distance from the Historical site, approximately halfway between the Site and the firehouse... She now also realized that itis the historical site that is putting out the extreme ambient energies across this side of town. Something to take note of... she makes the proper adjustments to her PKE, setting it up and then adjusting down until the interference was filtered out and she was able to get a very clear reading.

There is some light energy readings pointing her towards the work area through the bay door... there definitely seems to be something there... but what?
Scott308

#15 Post by Scott308 »

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta chews a knuckle as she tries to set the PKE properly. It's easy enough to set it to infinity. But how do you ratchet it down from infinity? What is the first step? Infinity -10? Still infinite. Half of infinity? Still infinite. Dangit, this is going to give her a headache. She settled for setting for infinity to a gazillion, and then stepping down from there.

She calls out to the workers again. "Hello! Young man, where would I find your foreman?"
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Bluehorse »

And young man looking more or less fresh out of high school looks up. The name on his shirt says NPC42. He points down the main hall as it were leading to the back. he's back there in main warehouse... follow the yellow line so you dont get hit by a forklift. Might check in at the front office here though. Hey are you ghostbusters? his eyes widen at Lionel.
Scott308

#19 Post by Scott308 »

Yellow line- check. Definitely do not want to get hit by a forklift. He chuckles briefly. Yeah, we're Ghostbusters. I'm Lionel, this is Mrs. Conklin. To Etta, he asks quietly, Do we go track down the foreman or check in at the office?

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta: "Howabout I go speak to the foreman, and you check out the office?"

Etta thanks the young NPC42 and starts along the yellow line. "What is your foreman's name?"

Return to “Mission Archive”