But first... the Ecto 1.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

But first... the Ecto 1.

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

After the meeting, some of the team is eager to secure their first Ecto. They know there is roughly $15k in the bank at the moment, but expenses are already coming up fast, the containment unit needs assessing, they are already going through their supplies in the lab for repairs, and there are normal operating expenses looming around the corner for the building as well as payroll for themselves and Julia. They will need to be smart with their money going forward for certain. The good news is, this town seems to be nothing short of paranormal activity, so money will certainly be coming down the pipe.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: But first... the Ecto 1.

#2 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

So, I'm gonna head over to the car dealership soon, but need to know what kind of budget we can work with. Roy, Jason- any idea how much we need to spend on the containment unit and parts for repairs? Julia, what about payroll and other expenses, like utilities and rent? Anyone else have any other expenses we need to look at right away? I want to spend as much as we can on the Ectomobile now since it'll be harder to upgrade later on. Anyone interested in coming with me?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Mac

"I am up for a ride. Not sure what we can afford, but always fun to test drive the nice stuff anyways."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
But first... the Ecto 1
Aug. 9, 2018, 11:00 am
Hot and Humid Outside

Julia nods and begins going over what data they have so far on what it will cost to run the firehouse along with estimates based on the fire departments in town that operate under similar circumstances with food cost etc. I understand wanting to invest heavily in a car but keep in mind none of us want to work for free. she says pointedly. I'm only paid through this month myself, and I am depending on you guys come the first.

Here is a quick link to the info on expenses for Ecto as well as the Firehouse. Keep in mind that payroll for the staff which so far is just Julia is included for now in the operations expenses.
viewtopic.php?f=628&t=7674&p=383428#p374895

At that moment there is a knock at the door and Julia moves over to the door and answers it. Oh! Yeah... I can sign... She hollers back to the guys. Guys we have a delivery! Can you give me a hand? When they get there they see the postman delivering a few heavy boxes with a dolly.

Brownie Point Pool
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 58/58
Roy O'Dowd: 64/64
David "Mac" McAuslan: 58/58
Last edited by Bluehorse on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Sure, I can help. Where do you want these?" Mac says as he looks over the boxes.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Taaz »

Oh sure, he goes and helps with the packages. As to the finances, it all depends on how fast we want to go in.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Bluehorse »

Julia closes the door behind them and they are left with three large packages in the lobby floor. Each box is approximately 2x2x3 feet in size and HEAVY. Julia holds a letter in her hands and gets a confused look.

Who is Winston Zetmore?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Isn't he some rich guy. I think I heard his name on the news, something about Ghostbusters now that I think of it."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Wasn't he one of the original ghostbusters back in New York City?" he says with a slight shrug.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Taaz »

Jason is toting the boxes and finally pays attention to the conversation around him You guys, he says giving his best your killing me smalls face. He was a part of the Original Four. He fought Gozer the Gozarian, Vigo the Carpathian, Samhain, really all the heavy hitters, sure the dudes loaded but he went toe to toe with little-g gods, but gods, with nothing but a pack on his back and proved Ghostbusting was a serious thing. and looks around realizing he has the goofy grin on his face envisioning the original guys and their battles that a puppy might have. Sorry I just grew up reading all about those guys. They are my heros.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Well maybe we should open these up and see what he sent us then." Mac sets his crate down and looks around for a pry bar or screw driver.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
But first... the Ecto 1.
Aug. 9, 2018, 11:10am
Hot and Humid Outside

Julia opens the envelope and looks over it briefly before she starts to read it out loud. Wow.... really nice stationary...Maybe we can get some like this.

From the Desk of Winston Zeddemore
August the First... Yadda, yadda, yadda...

Dear Guys & Gals,

I am always happy to hear about another firehouse going up in a new town. It can be dangerous out there, so that these as a token of good faith and good luck on your adventure. Remember to invest wisely and buy your wheelman lunch once in a while.

Good Luck,
(Signed)
Winston Zeddemore
Zeddemore Investments Group, LLC

P.S.: Don't shoot your eye out, kids!

Merry Christmas you filthy animals :)

A couple of prybars and screwdrivers are easily found and the boxes come right open. The first one with certainly take care of one of their immediate problems. It is packed to the gills with all the random parts and doodads that one would want for repairs in the lab, and their previously barely stocked repair parts are now up to date and ready for the worse. Going to do this on a points basis. Auto repairs are 0 points... no worries. Easy is 1, Mod 2, Hard 3, and Impossible 4. As of now, you have enough points for about anything on the equipment, which will also count for anything equipment specific on your future Ecto. You have 30 points worth of parts. I will be making an inventory thread for this later.

The next box has some great toolkits, one or two are definately for the lab, but then there is a great set for the garage. Truely a mechanic and electronics guru knew what you would need. Mr. Zeddemore's reputation is holding true. That just leaves the final mystery box...

As Roy prys it open and looks inside... do his eyes deceive him? No! There are some more random items inside but chief among them are a pair of Ecto Goggles... A Slime Blower... A copy to Spengler's Spirit Guide... A bottle of champagne... a bust of the late Egon Spangler wrapped in bubble wrap... and a small briefcase. Each Item has a note on it.

Ecto Goggles: You never know when these are going to come in handy... These are original, and a little bulky compared to the newer ones, but I thought you would want sometime from my personal collection. These were Dr. Venkmen's back in the day. Take good care of them and make sure to not leave them plugged into the charger all the time. It is bad for the battery.

Slime Blower: This one has had some big updates since back in '86. Original weighed a little over 100lbs. This one is closer to 50lbs. Got a full load of positively charged slime. Good stuff, and you never know when it will come in handy. Don't keep it in the ecto if you are prone to road rage. It is sensitive stuff and can turn bad in a hurry. Store it somewhere like the breakroom where you guys will be in a better general mood.

Spengler's Spirit Guide: He was a smart man but I honestly have trouble understanding most of it to this day other than this bit he told me about a twinkie once. Give this to your brain in the group and make sure to listen when they seem excited. It'll save your butt. Seriously, don't give this guy or gal lip, or you'll be cleaning slime out of places you don't want to think of. P.S.: Carry lots of baby wipes int he glove compartment and a spare set of drawers... Seriously.

A bottle of champagne: Congratulations! You're open for business! Celebrate! You'll always remember these days.

Bust of the late Egon Spangler: Just my personal opinion, this man, in the end, was the one that made it all happen. It was a team effort by far, but he as the man that figured it out and made the equipment that was the basis of what we do. Seriously, this guy could make a solar powered flashlight work. Put this up in the lobby with a nice display of moss or something. He'd have liked that.

A small briefcase: Okay, you guys... This one is serious. Read this before opening. You will always need spare cash around. There is no way around it. Don't go blowing this on Chinese. This is for a rainy day, and it needs to be pouring. If you come up short... use some of this. This is off the books petty cash. Always try to replace what you take out. Took our team a long time to learn this one, and it would have saved us a lot of trouble back in '85 if we were wise to this back then.

When you open the case there has to be at least $10k in bills.

There is also another note: RAINY DAY! I'M NOT JOKING!

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 66/66
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 58/58
Roy O'Dowd: 64/64
David "Mac" McAuslan: 58/58
Last edited by Bluehorse on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Awesome!"

Scott308

#14 Post by Scott308 »

Thank you, Mr. Zeddemore! Let's get the rest of our stuff done today, maybe we open that bottle tonight. So...budget. We've got, what, 15 large? Is 5k a good amount for expenses, the rest for a vehicle? 10k for expenses?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Taaz »

Wow Dr Venkmens goggles...do we have a trophy case?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Told you he was one of the original ghostbusters and a right nice guy if you ask me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Taaz »

Yeah this stuff is incredible, and it helps us a lot. He keeps looking over the crates, especially the Spengler's Spirit Guide. In regards to the Ecto, lets at least make sure its reliable, we can always keep building it up as we go, you know. But don't wanna have to walk to another bust.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Bluehorse »

In case you guys are not keeping up with the other thread,
but I really hope you are!

Etta:
To the boys: "Spend our money wisely, boys. Expect unforeseen expenditures, sooner than later."
To Julia: "I'm stepping out, if I can borrow your Mama for a minute. Text me when you know when my appointment with Father Belmont is. Thanks, sweetie."[/quote]

Scott308

#19 Post by Scott308 »

Well, Mac, guess we should head on over. I don't know how long it's gonna take to get a vehicle, but I'd rather have free time at the end of the day than take longer than expected and miss dinner. Anyone else interested in tagging along?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Sounds good, lets roll."

Return to “Mission Archive”