Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Ribbon Cutting.

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 9:05 am
Getting hot and humid outside.

The team does repairs and cleans up the Firehouse to make ready for the ribbon cutting. Jake is at the hospital getting checked out, Julia seems to be over her own initial shock, and the ghost is secure (again) in the containment grid, reading as a duplicate file.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 46/46
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 46/46
Roy O'Dowd: 48/48
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 34/34
David "Mac" McAuslan: 40/40

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Ribbon Cutting.

#2 Post by Taaz »

Roy helps with the repairs and luckily they can scrounge the parts which points to their shoestring budget Whew, son he looks to Roy, we need to do a full inventory when we have a chance. he tosses a broken piece of the N-filter into a recycling bin. Otherwise next time we might get caught with our pants down. he looks over at where Roy had made a clean repair of the pack. Thats good work, glad to have a hand with the repairs. I'm not sure what to expect from this ribbon cuttings, but I certiantly hope we got all the excitement for the day out early. He laughs.

Looking at the clock, "Hmm better make sure I'm presentable" Jason washes and degreeses in the lab sink. I'm going to touch base with everyone real quick, if theres nothing pressing I'll come back and see about getting some of this he gestures to the tables strewn with equipment, into new homes.

He walks down the hallway, pulling out his phone and starts typing on his phone,

busted a ghost, repaired a containment unit, and rebuilt a pack and its not even noon 8-) wyd at work today #bustinlyfe #OFGB

He fires off the Sceech(Screet?) and laughs as he reaches the lobby and looks around seeing Julia, Etta, and poor Mac with his arms full of things he was setting out for Etta. Whats going on?
Last edited by Taaz on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta, to Roy: "Oh good, you can help with the dusting. Just, mmm, just as soon as you finish up shaving, right?" She looks pointedly at Roy's permanent scruff.

To the collected group: "I have family in town—my Lily and her partner and my grandbabies. You don't mind if I invite them over for the ribbon-cutting, do you? Julia, do you have people you want to invite?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy a little confused by Etta as she is talking to Jake but calling him Roy? "Pardon me I'm over here that's Jake. No me family is over in Scotland. Not anyone here I'd like to invite really. i mean maybe my friend Moss but I think he is still in the UK."

To Jake "We needs parts like mad. Perhaps a larger TV can wait until we get more hardware to fix our equipment with."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Taaz »

Awesome, more people! Its just me anymore so nah no one to invite. He stops and look around I know the ribbon cutting is almost underway, but afterwards we all need to get together and hash some stuff out. He walk over to Mac and helps with Etta's various tasks. Like Roy said, we had enough to fix our current equipment but our cupboards are bare parts wise.

Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#6 Post by Roamingvapor »

Dave McAuslan

Mac smiles, nods and plays along while Etta channels her inner "Martha Stewart". Understanding that his personal tastes pendulate between sci-fi and Norse mythology, it's a darn fine thing that he's not in charge of the decor.
"You fella's are right. We'll need to figure out how to make the ends meet. We're all here to make a paycheck, and since we can't get paid if we can't work, parts, tools and wheels need to be priorities. Speaking of wheels, I haven't seen the company sled yet. What's the plan for this? Maybe a used fleet vehicle from a utility of large construction company? Maybe eventually get one of the Ecto-1 replicars that GBI puts out? Those are iconic as hell.

Before I got voluntold to help spruce up, I had a couple minutes to look into the city's history. The thumbnail picture along is kinda amazing. I get the feeling we're gonna be busy.... provided we can figure out the financial and logistical nuts and bolts.
I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Well for a vehicle we could always get something used go to an auction maybe? Or some sort of liquidation type thing maybe."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 9:10 am

Roy and Jason are getting a few notifications on their phones about the Screeches they sent earlier. Nothing of particular note, but there are likes and re-screeches being made all the same.

Etta continues to direct the impromptu cleaning crew, she then asks if Roy plans to shave, then asks if Julia has any friends or family she wants to invite.

Julia nods. "A few friends from school might show up, but I bet most of them just watch it on the news. My mom will be here though. Dad has to work or he'd be here."

Roy is quick to point out that they need to really consider getting in some stock for repairs like the ones made this morning. The easy-going ghostbuster making it clear he wants to prioritize.

As the team cleans and straightens up the firehouse, Mac is eager to share his findings of the local history after just a short search, letting them know there was a lot of things in the town's past to put into consideration. He also voices that they need to seriously consider getting an Ecto secured so that they can be ready for the work sure to be heading their way. The events of yesterday, fresh on their mind, lends validity to this concern.

Lionel would remind them they had an appointment set up to meet with a dealer today about just that. Julia makes sure to place a call moving this to the afternoon, citing a busy morning.

It is at this moment that there is a knock at the door...

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta checks her watch: "Team, when is this ribbon-cutting, anyway? I'll go see who that is." She smooths her clothes and takes a moment to put on a professional appearance, and heads to the door.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks to Mac Oh yeah? I hadn't researched much but I had emailed some of the local colleges, and historians to dig into the history. Hopefully some of them show up today.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shrugs at Etta's question "Today maybe?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 9:11 am

Julia looks over her should to answer Etta. Less than an hour... then she turns to open the door and immediately has to step back as a group of people, about 10 in all, pretty much barge into the firehouse. They are all dressed in business attire, though it is a little different than the likes of New York. Button down dress shirts of every color for the guys, blouses for the women, usually with a blazer, jeans for everyone... except for the woman trailing them all in a lady's business suit complete with skirt and hose. She was putting away a cell phone and calling after the others half-heartedly but seems to already know she will be ignored and instead looks at Julia apologetically.
Gabby Pendleton
5a5c11c3N8f360cc9.jpg
5a5c11c3N8f360cc9.jpg (87.58 KiB) Viewed 680 times
The people seem to more or less take over, some wandering around the lobby, and others issuing instructions to each other and before long there is also a small crew of workers setting up both just outside the door and running extension cords. Within seconds there are 20 more people in the Firehouse than before the door opened. Another man walks in at this point, a big grin on his face and quickly gets everyone, even those previously appearing to be in charge of something, into motion. Oh, yes, yes, yes, that ver there... Make sure to tape down those cords before someone trips, we don't want a lawsuit... Were are we setting up the photo ops? Over here would be good, understand? Make that happen. Get some photographers outside too, of course... Where are these boys we're opening up over here?
J.T. Zurtucci
JTZurtucci.jpg
JTZurtucci.jpg (334.76 KiB) Viewed 680 times
As people get things ready outside and most of the workers begin filtering out through the door as well. There is plenty of loud talking and back and forth going on out there. The well dressed, mousy lady walks up to the loud boisterous man and looks up at him. Sir, they're over there...

He looked first down at the woman and then up at the Ghostbusters. I can see that... Go make a phone call or something... He walks over to the Ghostbusters. "Okay. This is going to go quick... Cameras here there and everywhere... people gathering up to see what's what... A nice speech... picture picture... snip the ribbon.... picture picture.... shake all the hands... then come inside for the tour and we'll be gone, you see? These things have to be orderly... you hear what I'm saying, boys?

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta fixes the fast-talking man with the sort of steely gaze she usually reserved for underclassmen fooling around in the library stacks. "Excuse me. I know you all are doing your jobs, but this is where we do our jobs, and I'm sure your mommas raised you better than to bust in on people without introducing yourselves." Pointing a finger into the chest of the man, she continues, "So let's start this over. Step outside. Knock again. Introduce yourself and ask to come in like a gentleman."
I figure this guy probably has a recklessly high cool, so I'm gonna burn some BP here to make sure Etta doesn't lose this show-down.
Maternal Authority: [6d6] = 13 Ghost: [1d6] = 2
Brownie Points: [4d6] = 12
Total: 27

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Taaz »

Jason is kind of stunned as everyone comes in. He looks to the young woman who was trying to shepard the crowd, walks over and extends his hand. Hi, Jason, Jason O'Roarke. Pleased to meet you. Is there anything I can help you with?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#15 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Smiling as everyone else is thrown off by the swirl of activity from the camera crew, Lionel can't help but chuckle. This is nothing compared to the media crush during Texas Week. Still, it is always nice to be the center of attention, even if the local news doesn't quite have the same wow factor as being on Sportscenter. Hopefully this will translate in a good sponsorship deal on a vehicle.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy tries to avoid being on camera as much as he can as he has tenancy to freeze up like a deer in headlights as the phrase goes. "Me oh know I can't be on camera. I'm more of a background type of guy." playing around with the phone he pretends to take a call "Hello IT, did you try turning it off and on again?" he smiles "Old habits sorry about that." he gives a bit of a goofy smile. Then hands the phone off to Julia "I think you better have this I'm just a goofball with the thing." he says as he slinks away to get out of the way and view of the camera.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 9: 20 am
Hot and humid outside.

Etta Uses her maternal authority like a boss and gets right up into the fast-talking man in charge and politely tells him to try again or shove off.. The tall man turns and looks down at her with a scowl...
Oh my god you got SO lucky! I can't believe he complete botched his save! My intent here was to roll his 7d6 for cool in situations like this against your roll of 23 just to make it interesting. He bombed only getting to 21 with a Ghost Die on his roll. Way to got Etta!!!
Cool v 23 [6d6] = 21 G: [1d6] = 1

And then goes a little pale looking down at the woman probably just old enough to be his mother, and a kind of shocked expression overcomes his face. He flusters a little, making a few agitated noises before tugging on his hat and stuttering right out the door to try to recover himself. From the sound of it he quickly does so by saying something about the lighting, even though the sun is shining directly down on the entryway where there is already a large blue ribbon set up with a podium and a sound system.
Julia looks around at the chaos and seems a little overwhelmed but finds her way over to Etta about this time. That there is J.T. Zertucci. He is the Mayor's right-hand man. Nothing in this town happens without him having his fingers in it. A real old fashioned good ol boy if you know what I mean. He and the mayor run a real circus up in Town Hall.

Meanwhile, there are a couple photographers walking into the lobby. They are much more polite and smile, shake hands, ask if it is alright if they take a few test shots and if anyone would object to having their pictures taken. One in particular, an elderly looking black man with a friendly smile, approaches Lionel. Well son, looks like you've done well for yourself. Anything you can tell me about this here place? Like t'have a little information to take back to go with the pictures, if you know what I mean. Names, tatum Porprice. Most folks just call me Tate, and you're Lionel "Frieght Train" Williams. he smiled wide and offered a hand to shake in that old man kind of way that was slow, smooth, and oozing cool.

Roy avoided the limelight for now and faked an IT call before handing it to Julia and ducking out. She takes the phone and hesitantly says, Hello? Hello... Dang it Roy! And goes to put his phone in the desk drawer before moving off to take care of other preparations.

Jason goes up to the quiet but frustrated woman and she looks up from her phone where she was texting and tucks it away. Oh, uh... hi... she says in a somewhat nasily but sweet voice. Nice to meet you Mr... O'Roarke? I'm, uh... Gabby... Gabby... Pendleton... Sorry... I... uh.... She blushes a little then jumps as her phone goes off and she checks it. She says... well... something... Chinese? She looks up apologetically. Sorry, I'm the Mayor's aid... I just... I have to go... she says nervously and hurries off..

Make me two brains rolls Jason. Moderate difficulty.

We will also say that Etta is close enough to make two rolls too, yours will be at hard since you are more distracted with J.T. and this would be a more passive perception.

I will also let you roll 1d6 to see if languages were ever part of your studies over the years. Even yes, odd no. If you get even for yes, then you can include your Research bonus to the first roll.

Mac is set upon by a couple of the official guys that came in with the initial crowd and start bombarding him with questions. It isn't clear if they are trying to get him flustered or if they are just used to getting the answers they want. They are not aggressive in the manner in which they do the asking, but he is barely able to get an answer out before one is asking another.

Please roll Moderate Cool to see if you can keep up with the Good Ol Boys. If you are successful, you can even roll Brains or Moves (your choice) to either impress them or sidestep out of the situation. I am also open to other ideas. Frankly, I just wanna see how the biker buster handles this. LOL!

Locations:
Lobby:
Mission1.5-1.jpg
Mission1.5-1.jpg (76.7 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Outside:
Outside1.5-1.jpg
Outside1.5-1.jpg (34.43 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 3 0 /34

Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#18 Post by Roamingvapor »

David McAuslan

Mac finds himself hip deep in fast talking Southern Boys.... it's like a family reunion. He thinks back to his aunts and uncles in Louisville. It's time for some jaw jackin and philosophisin', as ma'amaw would say.
deep breath, here we go
cool roll with a couple bp's for padding.
brownie points: [2d6] = 9, cool: [1d6] = 1, ghost: [1d6] = 6

It's just like old times. Despite growing up a "yankee", Mac can chew the fat with the best of 'em. May need to pile it on just a bit deeper, and smooth out the wrinkles in the situation.

These guys probably think they can catch Mac flat footed, which is adorable. After holding your mud surrounded by gnarly patch holders and their minions this is cute.
brownie points: [1d6] = 3, lie: [3d6] = 13, ghost: [1d6] = 6
I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta follows Mr. Zertucci to the door, and welcomes him back in with every ounce of Mid-Southern hospitality she has picked up in her years in Memphis.
I lived in Memphis myself for ten years, and was told on several occasions that Southern woman's "fuck you" is "Well, aren't you sweet!"
She graciously shows him around the room reception area and asks for an itinerary of of the day, and to be introduced to everyone who has poured in.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Taaz »

Ok, so I recognize the language:
Language:[1d6] = 4

But I didn't have research I have occult. But thats cool I made both of the brains as follows:

Brains: [3d6] = 9 Ghost:[1d6] = 2

Brains: [3d6] = 15 Ghost:[1d6] = 6
Oh, nice to meet you mam. He says as she walks away.

He looks around the room with everything that is happening. Mac is flat running the city hall guys. "I like his style."

Etta is taking charge, seems appropriate.

Return to “Mission Archive”