Hola Amigos!

Post here to introduce yourself.
TheFallenSon
Scout
Scout

Hola Amigos!

#1 Post by TheFallenSon »

New here. Been creeping for a bit. Would love to get stuck in some Traveller. I have an itch that needs a scratch.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Hola Amigos!

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Welcome, TheFallenSon.

There are probably close to ten active Traveller games so hopefully you'll find one to your liking that is currently accepting new players. Good luck, and enjoy!
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Inferno »

Welcome, Fallen Son!

Itch scratching is what Unseen Servant is for. :)
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard TheFallenSon!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Welcome!
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by The Bindoner »

Hi TheFallenSon, welcome.

My Traveller game is kinda full, but I'll keep you in mind if a place opens up.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ateno »

Hey Thefallenson:

I have a guy who dropped, but I have to ask the group.

What type of game are you looking for?

Eric
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Eris »

TheFallenSon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 am New here. Been creeping for a bit. Would love to get stuck in some Traveller. I have an itch that needs a scratch.
I'm running two Traveller games here on Unseenservant, Akus Moby and In the Marches. I also run a game on The Ruins of Murkill board called Exploring Mantan. All three could take a player, or two!

PC's are LBB, Mongoose, or Cephisus. All three games have a lot of Exploration, Social Interaction, Puzzle Solving, and Combat does pop up from time to time. :) Because of their social nature, you'll need to be willing to have your PC interact with the other PCs, a LOT, and will need to initiate conversations, too. Now about the three games of Traveller I'm running...

In Akus Moby, the concept is that all of the crew are cousins (some distant, some cousins-in-law) that inherited the ship. The game is set in MTU, far away from the OTU in both space and time. Most technology is TL 8 to A (at the highest), for example, Jump 1 is common, Jump 2 is very, very rare, and Jump 3 is the "holy grail" everyone is searching for. The ship and crew are ferrying components to an unaligned world that will let it finish building it's A Level Starport and are the target of, at least, one pocket empire who don't want that to happen...and the unofficial agent of one that does. They are using an alien manufactured Jump 3 drive that they just happened to discover was in their benefactor's storage locker on the planet they picked up their ship. It's HIGHLY secret! and they are doing their best to keep it that way. They've been working to come up with software that works with it for most of the game while, as I said, at least, one set of baddies have been taking pot shots at them...do they know about the J3 drive? :) If you joined this game you'd have to take on an existing NPC (used to be PC, but dropped out). The most available NPC's current name is Tres (he's an engineer but his background, other skills, and even his name would be up to you). A second NPC in Akus Moby is Brent, but that character is married to one of the PC's, so you'd need to get that player's permission to take over him.

In the Marches is set in the, mostly official, Spinward Marches just after the 4th Frontier War. They are working a contract for Ling Standard Products where they ferry LSP factors to a series of worlds out from Regina. They own a ship, The Constance Malone (Connie Mac), with a semi-sentient AI for a computer. They are about to land on Tionale to "do a favor" for a nearby Baron with LSP's consent...to find his daughter and deliver a letter/bring her home if they can...much excitement may occur there soon. Now, as for a character there, I signed a player up back in March of last year and he's been AWOL since beginning of June. I'm willing to say he's not coming back and if you wanted to sign on you can have the role I'd set up for him...again an Engineer, but again, name, background and other skills would be up to you.

Exploring Mantan, is a bit different. It is in an MTU I didn't actually create, although I'm fleshing it out now. It was about a crew on a merchant ship, but after all sorts of things happened, that crew is now going to be aboard a Q-SHIP with the mission of finding and destroying an organized group of pirates and slavers. The Nine Bells is still being fitted out and will have ship board crew and ground-pounders aboard to do boardings and ground attacks on pirate bases. Most of the current players have two PC's (one crew and one squady), but that's not a requirement. In this game you'd be coming in with the ability to create one (or two) brand new characters and join the action before much has happened.

If you're interested, I'd suggest (and not just for my games, but any other on the boards) going to the games and reading the posts...a whole thread or two at the least...to get both the flavor of the game and the timing of it. My games tend to be pretty slow, slower than some of the others you could look at, but they persist. :)

I hope you find a game that suits you.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Norjax »

Welcome aboard!
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Tiglath »

Hello There and welcome aboard!

Alas, my Traveller game is also full but I'll keep you in mind if a space frees up.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#11 Post by Scott308 »

Welcome to the party!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Welcome.

I am finishing up "Research Station Gamma" (Classic Traveller, Adventure 2!). If the players want to continue onto another adventure, there is space.

I am a beginning Referee, although I have been playing Traveller since 1979/80, so my games run somewhat slowly. I run CT and Mongoose 1e,since I have almost all of the CT+ materials.
SpinwardMarch
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hello and welcome TheFallenSon!
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”