BX OOC I

dmw71
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC I

#301 Post by Lance »

dmw71 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:16 pm I should just accept the fact that weekends tend to be unproductive on the gaming front.
Same

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#302 Post by dmw71 »

Oof. I'm bad.

Work has been kicking my butt lately, and it's been a crazy week or so leading up to the girls resuming in-person schooling (today was their first day)... but, I will get caught up on all my games soon.

Also, regarding this game, a part of the delay stems from my lack of familiarity with caves. And its occupant/s.

I'm probably overthinking it, but I've found it a challenge to know what a natural cave would look like so I've been doing a bit of research. I still am.

But, once I get over this initial mental hurdle, I expect things to begin moving more regularly. I should have just dumped you in an actual dungeon. Lol
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by thirdkingdom »

dmw71 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:11 pm Oof. I'm bad.

Work has been kicking my butt lately, and it's been a crazy week or so leading up to the girls resuming in-person schooling (today was their first day)... but, I will get caught up on all my games soon.

Also, regarding this game, a part of the delay stems from my lack of familiarity with caves. And its occupant/s.

I'm probably overthinking it, but I've found it a challenge to know what a natural cave would look like so I've been doing a bit of research. I still am.

But, once I get over this initial mental hurdle, I expect things to begin moving more regularly. I should have just dumped you in an actual dungeon. Lol
If it helps, I don't really care if the description of the cave is super accurate or not.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:05 am
dmw71 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:11 pm Oof. I'm bad.

If it helps, I don't really care if the description of the cave is super accurate or not.
I didn't mean the above to come across as flippant. Just letting you know you're doing fine with your descriptions.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by Rex »

Agreed, your descriptions are fine. Its theater of the mind so its all good.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#306 Post by VonAlric »

I concur. I've felt the descriptions are very good. Better than what I currently do, which makes me want to up my game a bit.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#307 Post by dmw71 »

thirdkingdom wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:05 am If it helps, I don't really care if the description of the cave is super accurate or not.
I find myself in a constant struggle when it comes to details so this does help. A lot, actually.

The delay in updating my games originally stemmed from legitimate conflicts, but has since graduated into that awkward phase where, the delay has been so long it's almost stressful to just think about.

My work (one of the biggest obstacles of my time) is lightening up a bit, so I (really) fully expect to get my DM butt in gear, and get updates in all my games over the next day or two.
Rex wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:51 pm Agreed, your descriptions are fine. Its theater of the mind so its all good.
VonAlric wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:43 pm I concur. I've felt the descriptions are very good. Better than what I currently do, which makes me want to up my game a bit.
Thanks, guys.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#308 Post by dmw71 »

I fully plan on updating this game later today (Friday).

I appreciate your patience.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#309 Post by Lance »

I might be sporadic while I work on the flat. Apologies.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#310 Post by dmw71 »

Lance wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:58 pm I might be sporadic while I work on the flat. Apologies.
Ha.

Knowing my recent history, you have plenty of time.

Though, I will add, I also did manage to get a lot of behind the scenes prep work done for this game today.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Rex »

Great news on the prep work. Time for the prep work is what keeps me from running a game on here.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#312 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:33 pm Great news on the prep work. Time for the prep work is what keeps me from running a game on here.
It's not a ton -- I actually don't like to prepare too far ahead -- but just having certain details prepared ahead of time will (potentially) be really helpful.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#313 Post by dmw71 »

Just checking in to perform some admin tasks here in the forums and to also share that updating my games will be a bit delayed.
  1. Work is busy right now;
  2. I've been backing up a guy since last week Friday which has almost doubled what is required of me;
  3. A severed fiber cable left me without Internet access from roughly 11:30 am until almost 9:00 pm on Tuesday, causing me to basically fall a full day behind at work. It's not fun.

I'm struggling right now, at least until tomorrow when the guy I'm backing up returns, so there's a better-than-average chance my next update in any of my games won't be until then (Friday), or this weekend (which has been code for "early next week" of late).
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#314 Post by dmw71 »

In case anyone is interested. $8 is a pretty good deal:

-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#315 Post by dmw71 »

Actually, we had a family emergency this morning... so things have been pretty much chaotic.

Right now, I am focusing 100% on clearing out as much of my workload as possible, then see what time and focus I have left.

In fact, I literally just received an update from my wife and the situation is improving. Which is very good news!

Just know, my status is a bit in limbo right now.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Rex »

Family first! Good luck Dave!

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#317 Post by Lance »

Family first indeed! I myself had to come back to work before I finished the renovation, so I'm continuing every day after work. 12-14 hour work days. 8-)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#318 Post by dmw71 »

Just checking in to share that things are slowly beginning to return to normal.

I have a lot of things (personal and work) that I need to get caught up on, but updating my games here (and just checking in on the admin-side of things here) definitely fall into that "personal" bucket.

I hope to get things moving here again either later today or tomorrow... but, we'll see.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Rex »

Whenever!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#320 Post by dmw71 »

Lance wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:59 am Also, please fix the names in the last entry.
A little help. I'm not sure what this means?

-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's OSE Adventures (OSE)”