First Night

ybn1197
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: First Night

#61 Post by ybn1197 »

"The Second Inquisition exists only to eliminate us. They have already destroyed a lot of our infrastructure. Luckily, we have a few places that aren’t compromised. We keep them in the dark by enforcing the Masquerade. If you make it through tonight, you can go to The Red Star to get better intel on Kindred society. As for the Masquerade and what I did to that guard, We don’t allow mortals to know of our existence. You can imagine what would happen if we did, right? We call this massive cover-up the Masquerade. If people talk about us, the inquisitors show up. Our survival depends on keeping this secret, and I expect all of you to honor it, now that you’re one of us." He pauses and then lowers his voice even more. If you don’t keep the secret, we’ll know, and I will be very unhappy about it. Do you get my meaning?"
Gremlin wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:38 pmJulia

"Can we all do that mind control shit?"
shaidar wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 amLeo

"How long...so what's today's date? I suppose we can't all turn into bats and fly away?"
"Our Blood, which we often call ‘vitae,’ gives us a vast array of abilities we can use. Some of these powers are common to all of us, while others are unique to some of us. As you may have experienced, you can improve your capabilities, make yourself appear alive, and perform other wondrous feats. Many of these actions, however, come at a cost. The Hunger always beckons, and with it, the Beast. The hungrier we get and the more we lose our mortal attachment, the stronger this Beast grows. It can even force us to act in ways that we don’t like and can’t explain. Be careful and try to avoid letting your Beast into the driver’s seat, okay?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by shaidar »

Leo

"You know what? It doesn't sound like much fun. When I find out who did this to us..."

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#63 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia listens to the stranger answer some of their questions. When he starts talking about blood and a 'beast', it brings her attention back to the gnawing hunger that never really went away in her own gut.

"That's a lot to unpack there. We have some time until this car of yours gets here, right? So I have a few more questions relevant to our current situation while we wait."

She holds up a finger. "One, if vampires keep themselves hidden in a big cover-up, how does this inquisition know about them.. us?" Julia corrects herself. She hasn't really processed yet that she's a 'creature of the night' now like in the movies. "If this inquisition knows about us, then why haven't the told everyone and made it public knowledge?"

She holds up a second finger. "Two, how do we use our blood at access these powers? How do we even know what powers we have? That would be good to know if this inquisition shows up before your car does."

A third finger. "Three, what is The Red Star? A club? A hotel? Something else? In case we get separated somehow and need to find it on our own."

She doesn't bother holding up a fourth finger, instead using the hand to gesture to the large, bloody tear in her shirt. "And I don't suppose you have something else I can wear until I can get cleaned up? All this blood might attract attention and you can probably see my tits through the tear."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David "The Moor"

David does little more than nod and listen to Markus as the situation is laid bare. "Wouldn't be the first time I've led a secret life. We don't die, right? Except for the whole sun and stake thing." David looks contemplative and nods slowly.

He chuckles at Julia. "If the general public knew half of what goes on in the city, they'd force the issue. And the element that keeps quiet would have no choice but to resist. Which is just plain bad for business. And I'm only talking about non-vampire shit."

"Here. Take my jacket. Sorry about the knife hole." He removes his suit jacket and offers it to her. "And, for the record, yes we can."

He turns to Markus. "I'm hungry. Give me options."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by ybn1197 »

"Mortals are your primary target for feeding and, as an apex predator, you have the tools to do that. Feeding on humans doesn’t usually hurt them. In fact, it puts them in a trance and erases all the important details of you from their minds. Mortals can get addicted to it though, just like you can get addicted to Feeding. Play it smart: take only what you need. Remember to lick the wounds after feeding. It will erase the marks."
"Another option is blood bags. For most of us, blood bags don’t quite have the right taste, but they can be a good substitute for the real thing, especially in an emergency. Many licks lead their unlives by just using these. Blood type isn’t an issue for most of us."
"Oh we can die. Don’t let vampire fiction fool you, kids. Most of it is just that, fiction. Stakes won’t kill you, but they can paralyze you. Old superstitions like mirrors, entering a home uninvited, garlic, and crossing running water: none of them are true. Crosses have no effect on us, either. I’ve heard of some mortals who can — somehow — turn them into weapons against us. I have never seen it myself, though."

The sound of an approaching vehicle cuts the conversation short. Markus’s driver has arrived, and he smiles in relief. The black SUV appears at the end of the alley, tires screeching against the road as the driver brakes hard. She looks tense. "We have to move, sir," she cautions her employer nervously, "they’re onto me."

Markus urges the group to get in the car. What do you do?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by shaidar »

Leo doesn't have to be asked twice, he gets in.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#67 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"Guess I'm fucking invisible," Julia mutters when Markus ignores every single one of her questions.

"Thanks," she says to David, accepting the jacket. It wasn't her style to say the least, but beggars can't be choosers. As she puts it on, she comments, "It wasn't a knife that did this. The ganger grew these claws. Sure hope I can do that."

Curious about what kind of car can hold all of them, Julia walks out of the club. As she does so, she can't help but ask another question, "Speaking of those blood-sucking gangbangers, if vampires are this big secret why the fuck did they attack a club full of people and set it on fire?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:17 pm Julia

"Guess I'm fucking invisible," Julia mutters when Markus ignores every single one of her questions.

"Thanks," she says to David, accepting the jacket. It wasn't her style to say the least, but beggars can't be choosers. As she puts it on, she comments, "It wasn't a knife that did this. The ganger grew these claws. Sure hope I can do that."
Speaking to David about the claws her assailant grew, Julia feels the tips of her hands begin to elongate; no not the tips, the bones. She feels like she could grow claws of her own if she wanted but the effort leaves her drained and even more hungry than moments before.
Gremlin wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:17 pm Julia

Curious about what kind of car can hold all of them, Julia walks out of the club. As she does so, she can't help but ask another question, "Speaking of those blood-sucking gangbangers, if vampires are this big secret why the fuck did they attack a club full of people and set it on fire?"
The SUV is an Escalade. Two captains' chairs in the front and the middle and a full size third row. Fits seven comfortably.

Markus turns abruptly to face Julia. "Is that where you were embraced? In a club attacked by kindred in the open?" he asks almost incredulously.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

When she feels the sensation in her fingers Julia stops short of the Escalade, looking at her hands. She knows she can manifest claws, like she knows she can turn her head or bend her leg. It's not a conscious thing, just a reflex. She's about to extend her new claws when she's snapped out of her contemplation by Markus' question.

"Yeah, didn't you know?" She's secretly pleased he didn't. Childish perhaps, but it means he's not perfect or all-knowing. "A club called The Depot. We were all there. At first it looked like it was just some street gang looking to cause some chaos, but it got really violent really fast what with the gunshots and fire and claws and murder. I don't know what happened there after I got clawed and murdered. I'm sure there must have been something about what happened at the club on the news?"

The street outside the restaurant is empty of any other people. It's night of course, but she isn't sure what time. It must have been late, or early depending on your point of view. Either way it would probably be a good idea to take the conversation on the road with them, but for the moment the new vampire waits next to one of the back doors to see what Markus does.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Lance »

Odin smiles bitterly "I totally told him about the Depot. You're not the only one invisible, sister." He gets in the car as he talks, having no choice but to trust this random bloodsucker. He then cranes his neck, looking for any cars or people out of place, the supposed pursuers. He also tries to find any signage to identify the restaurant.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 pm Julia
The street outside the restaurant is empty of any other people. It's night of course, but she isn't sure what time. It must have been late, or early depending on your point of view. Either way it would probably be a good idea to take the conversation on the road with them, but for the moment the new vampire waits next to one of the back doors to see what Markus does.
Markus is holding the open for Julia and indicating she should enter the car.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#72 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Normally Julia would be suspicious of a strange man directing her into his car, but her current circumstances could hardly be considered normal. She doesn't trust Markus; she's sure he has his own agenda. But she needs more answers about her current... condition, answers that go into more detail beyond the broad 'you're a vampire now' statement.

She takes a moment to look back at the restaurant, making note of the name of the place. Then she shrugs and gets in the car, claiming one of the middle captain's chairs. Once settled in, Julia looks out the window at the street to see if she recognizes this neighborhood.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by shaidar »

Leo

When the car gets going Leo will try and see if anything he can see out of the window hints at what day it is.

ooc: I don't know Baltimore at all but I'm thinking large TV screens, or newspaper stands that are only open certain days, that kind of thing
Last edited by shaidar on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

David raises a brow at Julia then looks pensive. He doesn't say any more until he's in the car, moving and taking a seat next to Julia in the second row. "Yeah. The gunfire was me. That bastard took way too many shots at point-blank. Good to know, for us, I mean." He smiles at the others. "I don't suppose any of you have my gun? It feels wrong to be without it."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Rex »

William

"Yes, in the open."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:31 pmooc: I don't know Baltimore at all but I'm thinking large TV screens, or newspaper stands that are only open certain days, that kind of thing
You don't see anything that would indicate what day it is; any storefront with a TV is dark due to the time. But the weather is pretty much the same as it was when you entered the club.

As the black SUV makes its way, you can see a white van behind you, clearly following, but it’s impeded by the heavy traffic and the driver’s superior skills. “We need to lose them,” Markus states, “but first I want to divert them from you. We’ll drop you off along the way, and I think they’ll follow us while you get out of here”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Rex »

William

"Where do you want us to go?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:54 pm William

"Where do you want us to go?"
"I think I know of a good spot where I can drop you off. It is within my territory and you'll have the opportunity to grab a bite there." He chuckles at this. For a while, he stays silent, only breaking it to give directions to the driver.
"If you had sires, they would be your lifelines tonight, but you’ll have to make do with me, and my support system," he chuckles as he adds this last part. "Get somewhere safe, make sure you are fed, and avoid the sunrise." He punctuates the last three words with a hand gesture.
"I’ll be at The Red Star tomorrow. I hope you can make it, too." He hands over a disposable cell phone without a touchscreen: instead it has little keypad buttons and a small screen.
"This phone is old and a little safer than a smart phone: the Inquisition shouldn’t pick up your calls. Hit the redial button to reach an ally of mine if you get into serious trouble. She’ll help if you mention my name. Do not use it to call your family or your friends. You have to assume that the Second Inquisition already tapped their lines. Don’t visit any of your usual hangouts, for the same reason."
"We'll drop you off at the Cicero if we can. You all need to feed and that hotel is an easy place to hunt as long as you aren't picky."
As the driver stops the car, he doesn’t say goodbye, but instead looks back and gestures you to hide as you leave the car.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by shaidar »

Leo exits the car and looks around for somewhere for the group to hide, such as an alleyway, until the car and it's tail are out of sight.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Rex »

William

William quickly follows Leo.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”