First Night

ybn1197
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: First Night

#41 Post by ybn1197 »

As you enter into the dining area and call out, you hear a noise from further in the cavernous (due more to it's emptiness than it's size) room. Outlined against the light of passing cars outside, you see the silhouette of a very tall man with a powerful build.
As he steps into the light from the kitchen, you can see that he wears a well-cut modern suit, and that he stands calm and confident — but he also looks as surprised to see you as you are to see him. He smiles, allowing you to see his fangs: he’s a vampire, like you.
Gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:09 pm Julia

Not seeing anything of note in the dining room, Julia turns back to the struggling guard. In a threatening tone she says, "There were security cameras set up in this place. You're the security guard, tell me where the access to the camera feed is."
If the man hadn't just emptied his bladder, you are sure he would be doing so now. "I don't know... I just don't know... I... I was just hired and tonight is my first night. They didn't tell me anything about cameras. They just said keep an eye on the place. They didn't say anything else. I'm just trying to make a legitimate living and the money was good. They even gave me a small bonus up-front."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

William

William keeps walking towards the vampire. "Whats going on here?" William calmly asks.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by shaidar »

ybn1197 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:11 pm
If the man hadn't just emptied his bladder, you are sure he would be doing so now. "I don't know... I just don't know... I... I was just hired and tonight is my first night. They didn't tell me anything about cameras. They just said keep an eye on the place. They didn't say anything else. I'm just trying to make a legitimate living and the money was good. They even gave me a small bonus up-front."
Leo

" You were had, just like us. You're not supposed to survive the night" he growls at the man "Go! Get Out! While you still can" he watches Julia's reaction to letting him go, not sure for how much longer he can control his thirst.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Lance »

Odin hesitates at the door, the guard as alluring as a steak to a starving man.
shaidar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:45 pm "Go! Get Out! While you still can"
"Yeah, good call, everybody would regret what might happen." He forces himself into the restaurant area. He catches up to William to provide moral support. Surprised at the notion that the man standing in the shadows didn't expect them, he hides his hook, more as to not offend him than any other reason.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#45 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Before the guard can leave Julia interposes herself between him and the exit, blocking his way out. "Who are 'they'? Because 'they' are no friends of yours. 'They' sent you here to die. Guards with answers don't have to die. Guards with no answers aren't of much use."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

David moves to a nearby table and pulls a chair down to sit at. "Nice suit. Wish you could say the same, but I've had a rough night."

He sits and motions for the vampire to sit as well. "Please. Let's be civilized." He glances at William and the newly entered Odin. "Everyone be cool."

"Nice place you've got here, Mr...?"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by ybn1197 »

In the Dining Room - David, Odin, and William
“Seems to be my lucky night. My name is Markus Dean, and I’m happy to meet you.” He watches as David takes a seat and then a look of concern crosses his face. “We should leave,” he says, “my driver will arrive in a few minutes. Since the Second Inquisition could get here at any moment now, I need to know what you know. What do you remember?”

In the Kitchen - Leo and Julia
"I don't know," the man practically cries. "Look, I won't tell anyone. No one has to know about you. I didn't see anyone's faces," he says trying to keep his eyes averted.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

David sits up straighter when Mr. Dean mentions a 2nd Inquisition. "Hmm. Sounds bad. I guess. Never liked inquisitions, myself. No, wait. Depositions. I don't like depositions. What the hell is a second inquisition?"

"I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like some more information before anything happens. Why are we here? Why are you here?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

William

"A bit more of an explanation before I willing get in anything."
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Lance »

Odin shrugs "As my company explained, we don't know shit. We were attacked last night... was it last night? The Depot was attacked by some drugged up wackos. They were fucked up in a way I can't explain. Which brings me to the larger point of what the fuck are you? You smell wrong, your heart doesn't beat, and don't ask me how I know that". He squirms, trying not to acknowledge the fact that these are all true of his companions, and maybe even himself.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by shaidar »

ybn1197 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:16 pm In the Kitchen - Leo and Julia
"I don't know," the man practically cries. "Look, I won't tell anyone. No one has to know about you. I didn't see anyone's faces," he says trying to keep his eyes averted.
Leo looks at Julia

"Let the poor sap go, he doesn't know anything and he'll probably die of fright otherwise. We should catch up with the others"
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#52 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia shoots Leo a dark look. "No, he's coming with us for now," she says, grabbing the guard by the front of his collar and pulling him into the dining room so they can join the others.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by shaidar »

Gremlin wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:44 pm Julia

Julia shoots Leo a dark look. "No, he's coming with us for now," she says, grabbing the guard by the front of his collar and pulling him into the dining room so they can join the others.
Leo shrugs and follows
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by ybn1197 »

Still standing, Markus smiles congenially before assuming a more harried look. "So many questions and barely enough answers. We don’t have a lot of time for me to answer everything to your satisfaction, the Inquisition could be here any moment. But I want you to get some facts about what has happened to you. You have been Embraced. That’s what we call it when you become one of us. I don’t know when it happened or why, but after your Embrace you were captured by the Second Inquisition. I’m assuming they were keeping you alive to interrogate you later — or as some kind of sick experiment. As to why I am here, I heard some rumors about this Second Inquisition safehouse on my turf. I didn’t realize it was one of their population control facilities. The Second Inquisition is bad news for all of us Kindred. If you’ve ever heard of the original inquisition, picture that with the support of modern governments, and using state-of-the-art technology and weaponry to hunt us down. They’re out to destroy every last one of us. But they also want to study us, which is why they don’t always kill us immediately. I assume this is why they left you here — to collect you later. To study you before they destroy you. So they’re probably either nearby or on their way to check on you right now. If you would rather stay out of their hands, follow me." As he walks towards the swinging doors to the kitchen, he encounters Leo and Julia with the guard in tow. He gives a brief look at Leo and Julia before turning to stare at the guard. "You will forget the last ten minutes and you will calmly walk away." With a blank look, the guard complies and disappears into the main area of the restaurant, much to your surprise. Markus then guides you through the kitchen to the backdoor of the restaurant, and ushers you to the alley behind the building.
Lance wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:16 am Odin shrugs "As my company explained, we don't know shit. We were attacked last night... was it last night? The Depot was attacked by some drugged up wackos. They were fucked up in a way I can't explain. Which brings me to the larger point of what the fuck are you? You smell wrong, your heart doesn't beat, and don't ask me how I know that". He squirms, trying not to acknowledge the fact that these are all true of his companions, and maybe even himself.
Being outside, Markus lowers his voice to a whisper yet you can all hear him clearly. "Yes, I, and now you as well," he indicates everyone, "are vampires. But we don’t use the V-word. We call ourselves Kindred. Or ‘Lick,’ if you want to be less formal."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

William

Whispering, "If its that dangerous we best move now and cover some ground, we can talk more later. They most likely checked our ID's so our homes are no longer safe, do you have a safe house?"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by ybn1197 »

"Yes, I have a place where my driver will takes us once she arrives."
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#57 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Julia watches the guard wander off, clearly unaware of what just happened. Once he's out of sight, she turns her gaze back to Markus.

"Can we all do that mind control shit?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by shaidar »

Leo

The truth starts to filter through Leo's brain. "Vampires! Holy shit...or should that be unholy shit?" he wonders. He glances up and down the alley, looking for sign of this Inquisition.

"How long...so what's today's date? I suppose we can't all turn into bats and fly away?"
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Lance »

Odin grumbles at the siblings "you guys missed the part where there's no time for questions because the fuckers who locked us in the freezer are coming back for us. Besides, I'm more worried about the insatiable bloodlust."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by shaidar »

Leo

"Screw you, grandpa. We're waiting for the guys car, so it doesn't really matter"

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”