0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#261 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm Zaki shakes her head. "I'm certified as a combat medic, thankfully. I do charge extra if I have to evac you while under fire."
"Allt ágætt, I would happily pay!"

She further enthuses "Combat medics are priceless but I reserve the right to move about during evac so I can return fire!"

(OOC: Trans: "excellent/awesome" - but probably not "groovy"! ;) )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:24 pm
joertexas wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm Zaki shakes her head. "I'm certified as a combat medic, thankfully. I do charge extra if I have to evac you while under fire."

She further enthuses "Combat medics are priceless but I reserve the right to move about during evac so I can return fire!"

Prerna rolls her eyes and laughs.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#263 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:13 pm

Sure, she does, but what about Zaki?
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 900 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:01 pm
joertexas wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:13 pm

Sure, she does, but what about Zaki?

Oops, wrong game :oops:
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#265 Post by helvorn »

Donovan replies to Zaki. "Where's your sense of adventure? I think you will have plenty of places to go, probably more than any of us want I'm sure. Certainly I would be glad to work out with you on the gym equipment. I might need a medic if I over exert myself. Or maybe the medic will need some attention if she pulled a muscle."

He laughed at Sigrun and her deadly enthusiasm with a friendly smile. "I have some melee experience as well as zero gravity work. I know enough about a spacesuit to keep myself alive at least. Maybe you can teach me and Flighty at the same time. Learning swagger and Sagamal seem to go together. I've worked rough neighborhoods but not as a Viking. Maybe that's something to put on the list for free time."
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#266 Post by terrymixon »

helvorn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 pm Donovan replies to Zaki. "Where's your sense of adventure? I think you will have plenty of places to go, probably more than any of us want I'm sure. Certainly I would be glad to work out with you on the gym equipment. I might need a medic if I over exert myself. Or maybe the medic will need some attention if she pulled a muscle."

He laughed at Sigrun and her deadly enthusiasm with a friendly smile. "I have some melee experience as well as zero gravity work. I know enough about a spacesuit to keep myself alive at least. Maybe you can teach me and Flighty at the same time. Learning swagger and Sagamal seem to go together. I've worked rough neighborhoods but not as a Viking. Maybe that's something to put on the list for free time."
"I do have to wrap up my gunnery training," Flighty said. "I'm almost done and don't want to waste the time I've invested. Axes as soon as I'm done, though."

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 pm He laughed at Sigrun and her deadly enthusiasm with a friendly smile. "I have some melee experience as well as zero gravity work. I know enough about a spacesuit to keep myself alive at least. Maybe you can teach me and Flighty at the same time. Learning swagger and Sagamal seem to go together. I've worked rough neighborhoods but not as a Viking. Maybe that's something to put on the list for free time."
Sigrún returns the smile "Well, if you can stay alive in a vacc suit I'll see if I can teach you enough to ensure that your opponent doesn't. We start with melee skills and work in the space skills later. As for the swagger that's just a state of mind. As to styling I will ask Doug to print us a couple of pins. Sword Worlders wear military colours and we traditionally pin the feldr... ah... poncho cape at the shoulder".
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#268 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 am
helvorn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 pm He laughed at Sigrun and her deadly enthusiasm with a friendly smile. "I have some melee experience as well as zero gravity work. I know enough about a spacesuit to keep myself alive at least. Maybe you can teach me and Flighty at the same time. Learning swagger and Sagamal seem to go together. I've worked rough neighborhoods but not as a Viking. Maybe that's something to put on the list for free time."
Sigrún returns the smile "Well, if you can stay alive in a vacc suit I'll see if I can teach you enough to ensure that your opponent doesn't. We start with melee skills and work in the space skills later. As for the swagger that's just a state of mind. As to styling I will ask Doug to print us a couple of pins. Sword Worlders wear military colours and we traditionally pin the feldr... ah... poncho cape at the shoulder".
"I like the sound of that. Thanks."

Flighty
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 pm Donovan replies to Zaki. "Where's your sense of adventure? I think you will have plenty of places to go, probably more than any of us want I'm sure. Certainly I would be glad to work out with you on the gym equipment. I might need a medic if I over exert myself. Or maybe the medic will need some attention if she pulled a muscle."
Zaki rolls her eyes again. "As it happens, I'm working on building my strength up again."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 pm "I do have to wrap up my gunnery training," Flighty said. "I'm almost done and don't want to waste the time I've invested. Axes as soon as I'm done, though."
terrymixon wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:53 am "I like the sound of that. Thanks."
Sigrún nods "Já, I am also working on my fitness - I got out of condition in hibernation. So while you complete your Gunnery training I will get faster and build my stamina. Then we will pick up axes..." she gives her dangerously feral smile while mischief shows in her eyes "...there is every danger that I will break you".
joertexas wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 am Zaki rolls her eyes again. "As it happens, I'm working on building my strength up again."
Eyeing Zaki with equal mischief she says "You haven't escaped either. I said I would train with you so, unless you want to read my head with your machine, we can run over the cargo. Then, while you lift your weights, I will find the balance of my new axe".

(OOC: It's like having a very exuberant pet... :roll:

In a small apartment...

That you can't leave...

Computer: Sorry to interrupt your recreation, fellows, but it is time for Sgt. Pinback Zaki to feed the alien. :P ).
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#271 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:48 pm
terrymixon wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 pm "I do have to wrap up my gunnery training," Flighty said. "I'm almost done and don't want to waste the time I've invested. Axes as soon as I'm done, though."
terrymixon wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:53 am "I like the sound of that. Thanks."
Sigrún nods "Já, I am also working on my fitness - I got out of condition in hibernation. So while you complete your Gunnery training I will get faster and build my stamina. Then we will pick up axes..." she gives her dangerously feral smile while mischief shows in her eyes "...there is every danger that I will break you".
"It might disappoint you, but at some point in the near future, I'll be working on my intelligence and education. I'll still start the axe, but the first two are what I really want to keep growing. They take time and lots of money, but I think they're worth it."

Flighty
helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#272 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 am
Zaki rolls her eyes again. "As it happens, I'm working on building my strength up again."
"I got sluggish and flabby while stuck on that rock we just left." Donovan winked at Zaki and then spoke up so Sigrun could hear him. "I can just see Sigrun chasing us around the cargo bay to whip us into shape." He laughed and struck a dramatic pose. "Bring on the horned helmets, axes and attitude! I'm ready to rock somebody's world. Hopefully with the skills to back it up."
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:02 pm "It might disappoint you, but at some point in the near future, I'll be working on my intelligence and education. I'll still start the axe, but the first two are what I really want to keep growing. They take time and lots of money, but I think they're worth it."
Sigrún gives Flighty an appraising look and then says "I don't think you would disappoint Foringi Flighty and a ship's Kapiten can't be too clever or too wise".
helvorn wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 pmDonovan winked at Zaki and then spoke up so Sigrun could hear him. "I can just see Sigrun chasing us around the cargo bay to whip us into shape." He laughed and struck a dramatic pose. "Bring on the horned helmets, axes and attitude! I'm ready to rock somebody's world. Hopefully with the skills to back it up."
She says "Imperials made the horned helmets up for their holovids but you have the right attitude!"
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#274 Post by ateno »

Tiglath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:09 pm She says "Imperials made the horned helmets up for their holovids but you have the right attitude!"
"We had horned helmets, but they were ceremonial.

Karcsi mimics his head being pushed side to side.

"But we did not use a lot of armor in the tribes, mostly wooden shields and woven vegetable root."

Turns to Sigrún. "Your culture seems to have had quite a effect on others." Smile.

Karcsi
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Tiglath »

ateno wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:13 pm Turns to Sigrún. "Your culture seems to have had quite a effect on others." Smile.
She chuckles "Only in that Imperials are fearful of some of us and invented an amount of nonsense for their entertainment media. I'm not sure that's what a diplomat would call "cultural exchange" in the proper sense".
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#276 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:09 pm
terrymixon wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:02 pm "It might disappoint you, but at some point in the near future, I'll be working on my intelligence and education. I'll still start the axe, but the first two are what I really want to keep growing. They take time and lots of money, but I think they're worth it."
Sigrún gives Flighty an appraising look and then says "I don't think you would disappoint Foringi Flighty and a ship's Kapiten can't be too clever or too wise".
"I hope to remain clever. Wise? Well, I suppose we'll see."

Flighty
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 pm"I got sluggish and flabby while stuck on that rock we just left." Donovan winked at Zaki and then spoke up so Sigrun could hear him. "I can just see Sigrun chasing us around the cargo bay to whip us into shape." He laughed and struck a dramatic pose. "Bring on the horned helmets, axes and attitude! I'm ready to rock somebody's world. Hopefully with the skills to back it up."
Zaki looks to Flighty. "Captain, request permission to install an aerosol dispenser with a mild tranquilizer in the ventilation system. We might not make it out of jump otherwise."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#278 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:22 pm
helvorn wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 pm"I got sluggish and flabby while stuck on that rock we just left." Donovan winked at Zaki and then spoke up so Sigrun could hear him. "I can just see Sigrun chasing us around the cargo bay to whip us into shape." He laughed and struck a dramatic pose. "Bring on the horned helmets, axes and attitude! I'm ready to rock somebody's world. Hopefully with the skills to back it up."
Zaki looks to Flighty. "Captain, request permission to install an aerosol dispenser with a mild tranquilizer in the ventilation system. We might not make it out of jump otherwise."
"Granted. Go for extra strength. We'll need it."
helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#279 Post by helvorn »

terrymixon wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:50 pm
joertexas wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:22 pm
"Granted. Go for extra strength. We'll need it."
Donovan could only laugh. "I think it will take more than a tranquilizer to calm this down!"
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:21 pmDonovan could only laugh. "I think it will take more than a tranquilizer to calm this down!"
"I give up," Zaki says with a laugh. "We are all doomed." She sits down and pulls up a basic study course on sensors operation. "I need to learn more about the ship, so I'm studying about the sensors suite."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”