OOC Chatter

Eris
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Chatter

#41 Post by Edeldhur »

Hey everyone, I decided to bow out of this one and stick with Eris for the Shadowdark game only. Hope to see you all around, and good gaming!

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by terrymixon »

Edeldhur wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:28 pm Hey everyone, I decided to bow out of this one and stick with Eris for the Shadowdark game only. Hope to see you all around, and good gaming!
Sorry to see you go. Have fun!
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Sorry to hear that Edeldhur.

My goal is to wrap up my character late tonight.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Eris »

Rex wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 am Sorry to hear that Edeldhur.

My goal is to wrap up my character late tonight.
Yeah, me too, but forum games are sort of like that.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by hedgeknight »

Edeldhur wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:28 pm Hey everyone, I decided to bow out of this one and stick with Eris for the Shadowdark game only. Hope to see you all around, and good gaming!
I have also decided to bow out of this game. Good gaming to all!
See you around the threads.
~ Hedge
Winter is coming...

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by shaidar »

sorry to see you both go.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by terrymixon »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:00 pm
~ Hedge
Sorry to see you go.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:21 pm
hedgeknight wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:00 pm
~ Hedge
Sorry to see you go.
Yeah, me too! If either of you want to come back and play at a later time give me a holler!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Eris »

I'm back! Yesterday, all day, internet was down. Today, almost all day, I was doing Doctors. Fun times! :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by ffilz »

Sorry, I'm going to have to bail out also. I just can't keep up and haven't even finished my character.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:38 pm Sorry, I'm going to have to bail out also. I just can't keep up and haven't even finished my character.
I know the feeling...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 pm
ffilz wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:38 pm Sorry, I'm going to have to bail out also. I just can't keep up and haven't even finished my character.
I know the feeling...
Ah, shoot! I'm sorry to hear this! Is there a change I can make to help you keep up?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 pm
I know the feeling...
Ah, shoot! I'm sorry to hear this! Is there a change I can make to help you keep up?
Partly it's how busy my day has become, partly it's just a lot more to a 5e character than the other game. And then keeping up with players much more into the interpersonal dialogue role play than me. With the simpler system, I could finish my character and sit back and mostly wait for clear points to declare action, while participating a bit in the interplay.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:46 pm
Eris wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:41 pm

I know the feeling...
Partly it's how busy my day has become, partly it's just a lot more to a 5e character than the other game. And then keeping up with players much more into the interpersonal dialogue role play than me. With the simpler system, I could finish my character and sit back and mostly wait for clear points to declare action, while participating a bit in the interplay.
I can help with some of that...

Don't worry about 5e shit! You know I'll run it loose anyway. I'm the bane of RAW because when it comes right down to it I always default to "Roll and Shout!" :)

The details of 5e don't have to matter a lot. You have a Name, 6 Abilities, a Class and a Race. Don't worry about skills, proficiencies, or anything else, I can (often will) handle all that other stuff in the background. Other stuff you can tell me about as it comes up or you decide to add it in.

As for the interpersonal dialogue, join in when you want or just to answer direct questions put to your character and be the quiet man in the corner who acts rather than chats. However...

....the thing is, and this applies to all players that don't like to participate in a lot of inter-character banter, nothing wrong with that but, I need to know how things are going with you and you're going to have to show/tell me somehow.

In FTF games, I can generally look at you and tell if you're engaged or not, but in PBP games I can't do that. I can only tell that you're still there and still interested, if you're posting something! It doesn't have to be much, but it has to be often. Just, things like 'Harry shakes his head and chuckles.', 'Harry lets them talk while he searches the walls.' is good enough to let me know you're still with us. If it's getting boring, tell me. If it's dragging, tell me. If something is/was fun, tell me that too, so I can give you more like that! Do it IG, do it OOG, do it with a private message, but do it...please!

Here's my problem with running games...I'm insecure. I don't know if all GM's feel this way, but for me, I am always worried that I'm boring players, not engaging them, that they aren't having fun. My fun is making it fun for the players and if I'm not getting positive feedback I worry and fret, and I start disengaging from the game myself. In FTF, I can see and hear player feedback. In PBP, I have to get that feedback from posts. I'll admit that inter-character chatter is like feeding me sugar. It's easy to keep me engaged when there are a lot of posts flying back and forth. But that isn't everybody and that isn't all a game needs. Analogy time, carbs keep my energy up as long as they keep coming, but I crash hard when I stop getting them. Games, like our bodies, need proteins and fats, too. I'll let y'all figure out what I mean by proteins and fats. :)

IAC, Frank, and everyone else who is thinking about stepping out of the game. I can try to work with you to help you stay and have fun, but you've got to let me know how to do that.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

Eris wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:17 pm
Here's my problem with running games...I'm insecure. I don't know if all GM's feel this way, but for me, I am always worried that I'm boring players, not engaging them, that they aren't having fun. My fun is making it fun for the players and if I'm not getting positive feedback I worry and fret, and I start disengaging from the game myself. In FTF, I can see and hear player feedback. In PBP, I have to get that feedback from posts. I'll admit that inter-character chatter is like feeding me sugar. It's easy to keep me engaged when there are a lot of posts flying back and forth. But that isn't everybody and that isn't all a game needs. Analogy time, carbs keep my energy up as long as they keep coming, but I crash hard when I stop getting them. Games, like our bodies, need proteins and fats, too. I'll let y'all figure out what I mean by proteins and fats. :)
I am the same way. A GM needs feed back to function properly. Much easier in FTF games. I sometimes stall in the game I am running on here as I am not sure what the players want/need from me.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by ffilz »

OK, I'll keep at it. I guess I need to do a bit more on my character and drop into the thread. Let's see what I can manage this week.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Marullus »

If you need help with the character, just ask.

Return to “The Silver Vale (5e)”