Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#241 Post by Rex »

Rida

"We found Bugs Da hiding in a thicket with a really loud mouse."

He looks the woodcutter over.

"I will have the meal of the day and your cheapest drink please."

He starts digging around in his coin pouch.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by ravenn4544 »

Haldric also looks for a drink and some food. “I like returning to the Caves indeed, as was mentioned. Rest up a day and head back? Explore some more and get back to our Gnolls I suppose…”

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

Gyb places three stacks of shiny copper coins on the bar. "Hello Mr Wilf! Gyb would like one ale, one stew and one place to sleep please!" He leans in a little closer. "Bugs has also promised one ale to Gyb if you see him".

"Haldric, Gyb would like to go back to the caves as soon as possible. After tomorrow, Gyb will be choosing between eating rat meat and sleeping on Mr Wilf's floor, or eating Mr Wilf's stew and sleeping in the street".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#244 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The young man sleeping at the corner table doesn't flinch once the conversation starts.

Wilf serves his patrons with a smile.

"I am glad to hear you have returned our wandering gnome father to us, even if Peppy isn't so happy about it. Believe it or not, that little fella is a highly important resident here at the Keep. And he finds my Calista all sorts of interesting herbs and other edibles that grow in the wild."

Are there any other preparations that need to be made before we set out again? If not, I will get a new thread set up so we can continue explorations.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Rex »

Rida

All set to start another expedition.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by ateno »

Agreed

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb is good to go.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

Bugs will procure the drinks as promised, then nods at the young sleeping man and asks Wilf about him. "What's his story? I may not know a lot, but I know not to wake a man with an axe."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by ravenn4544 »

Haldric is ready to go after resting up and refreshing his prayers for the Caves.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#250 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn Dwarf fighter

Loyn enters the tavern feeling energized, singing a tune his Da taught him from an old dwarven tale about an unexpected party of companionship and a nasty dragon.“For over the mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old, We must away, ere break of day, To claim our long-forgotten gold. He orders food and an ale and notices the sleeping human. “Cheers Bugs…off to the caves we go! Glad your Da is ok, even though he was missing on purpose! He smirks and points to the axe man. What’s with him? Too much good drink?”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#251 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wilf sets the group up with food and drink, cocking his head slightly at the strange tale sung by the dwarf.
(We dont need to break down each copper piece, but please remember to knock off a few gold here and there for such incidentals.)
"Sounds kinda sad.....but I like it."

At the mention of the sleeping man in the corner.....

"Oh, don't mind him none. That's just Cobb. He's been a local here at the Keep his whole life. Folks say he had a pretty rough upbringing, so he tends to drink himself into a stupor whenever he aint working. Young fella is as strong as an ox, and can chop wood from sunup to sundown without a break. Knows his way around these part as well as any other, I'd say."

"Say, did I hear you folks say you were headed back out to those caves again?"

Actions?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He nods at the description of Cobb. "Huh? Oh yeah, we are going back. Soon, I think."

Hotgoblin

#253 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn- Dwarf Fighter

Loyn’s eyes grow wide, he leaves money on the counter. “This lad here is Cobb? Me Da knows and trusted him! I’m hoping he knows his whereabouts! He feels anxious, what if Cobb has bad news…he walks over to the napping human and knocks 3 times very loudly on the table to wake him and says, “SORRY TO BOTHER YOU COBB, BUT I’M LOYN, SON OF GROYN! I’M IN SEARCH OF ME DA! He’s missing!”

-1gp

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#254 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gyb, Haldric, Keya, and Rida watch the others in the tavern converse with each other.

As Wilf is about to answer Bugs, Loyn makes his abrupt introduction to the young man sleeping in the corner, causing the barkeep to shake his head in disgust.

Cobb leaps up from his chair, grabbing his wood ax before nearly taking a violent swing at the uncouth dwarf.

He shakes the sleep and ale from his head for a moment before speaking again.

"So Groyn is yer Da, eh? Then you owe me 500 gold coins, mister!"

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida readies himself to cut off the man with the axe if he goes for Loyn. If he does go for him he will try to tackle him and knock the axe away.

Hotgoblin

#256 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwarf fighter

Loyn eyes Cobb up and doesn’t flinch, “Me Da owes you gold? If you help me find him, then He can pay you! He said you were a good man, in fact you were the only name he referred to when he talked of the Keep! I was hoping you had some knowledge of his whereabouts!”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#257 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cobb notices Rida about to protect the nasty dwarf who just shocked him from his nap. He looks at Loyn with a hint of recognition.

"Ya, I can see the resemblance, a little. But that dont get you off the hook fer paying me back."

"Yer Da and I did a few jobs together, but that was before he took off with that Fingal creep and all the others. A loud mage, a weird cleric, hells, they even had a smarmy centaur with em."

The young man with the long, sandy hair grabs his tankard and takes a big slug of ale before continuing.

"Yer Da owed me 500 gold before he took off and left me here, AND I WANT IT BACK!"

"Everyone here thinks him and Fingal were such great folks, but ol' Cobb knows the truth! They were just as greedy and bloodthirsty as anyone else is. I did like Bene, though. He was a good dog."

"But then they just left me here alone so they could go out and search that flying disk what crashed into the ravine out there by those caves."

"I aint seen any of em since."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#258 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The rest of us can continue the action here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 65#p704265

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida relaxes a little since he just seems argumentative and not violent, but keeps an eye on him none the less.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He thanks and winks at Wilf. "I know how that is. He's missing his Da." Bugs just about chokes when the sum of five hundred gold is mentioned. "What happened that his share was 500? Did you get the crown jewels?"

Return to “Areas of the Keep”