Return To The Ruins (Warlords Palace)

OGRE MAGE
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Return To The Ruins (Warlords Palace)

#561 Post by Belkregos »

Belloc
we should take our time investigating her notes and trying to find something for the afflicted, Taibshe said he would treat them but needed time to prepare, we should secure this area and allow him the time needed

Belloc starts organizing the matrons items, trying to read any inscribings in her books and trying to identify the potions

CLASS ABILITIES
ALCHEMY
To practice the sorcery-science of alchemy. Apprentice magicians learn how to identify potions by taste alone; albeit the practice is not always safe. At 7th level, a magician
may concoct potions with the assistance of an alchemist. By 11th level, the assistance of an alchemist is no longer required. For more information, refer to Chapter 7: Sorcery, alchemy.

READ MAGIC
The ability to decipher otherwise unintelligible magical inscriptions or symbols placed on weapons, armour, items, doors, walls, and other media by means of the sorcerer mark spell or other like methods.
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#562 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus doesn't know how to react to Belloc's revelation about the staff. "That's something very dangerous... It's a big responsibility for someone as young as you." He looks the magician with suspicion for a second before resuming his patrolling.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#563 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Thanks for letting us know your Belloc, I will keep an eye out for signs of the staff working its way on you."
silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#564 Post by silifi »

Sik eyes these arcane items with suspicion, leaving it to more learned men and women to understand them.

He turns his attention towards the sound coming from the bathtub, tapping his axe lightly on the slate, twice shy after being once bitten by the rats earlier.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#565 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cyril is slow to regain his senses.

"Akhilleus - I beg your pardon and thank you for not dispatching me. I hope the bruise I left on your cheek is not too bad.

Despite Azathoth's whispers in my head, I was not able to rid myself of the matron's grip. We will do better next time. Would you mind if I were to keep the doll? I do not know the nature of any magic here but I strongly sense that there is a dwarf some place that would want this back...or at the least that would want that pin removed."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#566 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Those shell clacker things look interesting. I'd like to take a look at them later." He looks at the journal and nods to Ceana and Taibhse. "Not my area, what do you two think?"

"I don't have the ability to detect magic, but perhaps that would be a first step."

Kain goes to back Sik up at the bathtub.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#567 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

Yes I will be able to heal at least one of them soon, I can heal but one a day (unless I go up in level).

I would be interested in that book on her fungi, as they might be useful in healing for all of us. Also, long term the contents of that spell book could be of interest.

He will start on the book regarding her gardens produce to find any healing info in there. He will also try to run over the time they've spent today knowing that he can only cure again on the morrow.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#568 Post by Karaunios »

The_Wanderer wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:31 pm Cyril is slow to regain his senses.

"Akhilleus - I beg your pardon and thank you for not dispatching me. I hope the bruise I left on your cheek is not too bad.

Despite Azathoth's whispers in my head, I was not able to rid myself of the matron's grip. We will do better next time. Would you mind if I were to keep the doll? I do not know the nature of any magic here but I strongly sense that there is a dwarf some place that would want this back...or at the least that would want that pin removed."
Akhilleus "Don't worry Cyric. I know it was that fiend controlling you. I just faced you to avoid any second attack.

Anyway, take the doll or whatever you want.
It's something I can't comprehend. I'm just saying we shouldn't forget anything here that might help us."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#569 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Under The Zakath Desert
Killing Hooks
Late Afternoon?

Kain looks over the driftwood castanets. Unsure of their use, he suggests magic be detected for on all the items.

Xenos recklessly opens the skin-bound tome, locating at least one page of spell notes that he can comprehend as the Darkness spell, and several others he cannot. Passing the book around, Ceana sees Befriend Animals, Kain locates the Bless prayer, and Belloc hits the jackpot with Charm Person, Sleep, Ventriloquism, and Levitate. None in the group can decipher the three remaining spells in the book. (Darkness can also be used by Mage2 or Cleric2)

When the afflicted refuse to drink the random elixirs, Taibhse and Ceana page through the fungus garden journal, finding all kinds of interesting information. They seem certain they can find something inside this vast garden that help will cure their friends. It will take some time to study the specifics carefully first, however. (Can I get three d12 rolls from each of you please?)

Akhilleus gathers the remainder of the items they found before getting back to his guard duties on the perimeter of the structure. Everywhere the fighter looks, all he sees is pitch black darkness in every direction. He can still hear the river flowing in the distance.

Belloc’s continued obsession over his recovered staff does little to ease the palpable suspicions among some in the group. He looks over the items carefully, guessing the liquids are likely potions or witches brews.

Sik investigates the rustling noise from the washtub, finding something absolutely hideous under the makeshift cover. Nestled in some foul smelling dirt is a foot long yellowish orange fat and pulsating maggot. As it squirms around in its own slime in the flickering torchlight, the barbarian notices that the head and face of this sickening worm is vaguely humanoid.

Cyril looks over the doll and pin, finding it disturbing, even for him.

Actions?

I will be rewarding XP for these last few encounters once this search is over and the group decides on what to do with the spoils you've found so far.

Xenos (DS3) AC5 17/17
Drest (Sc4) AC7 22/22 Diseased
Kainaxarthos (C2) AC6 11/11
Cyril (Pr2) AC8 7/7 CLW
Ceana (D2) AC5 13/13
Akhilleus (F3) AC4 31/32
Taibhse (Sh1) AC5 7/7
Belloc (M1) AC6 9/9 +16
Sik (Ba1) AC5 9/12 Diseased
silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#570 Post by silifi »

"What in Underborea is that... thing?" Sik shouts to the group. He backs away from it, turning to Cyril.

"You like strange things, don't you?"

With the items that I presume we'll just be selling, like the rubies, castanets, should we just hold onto them and agree to share the proceeds? Perhaps with those who can use the other treasure taking a slightly smaller share?
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#571 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus keeps doing his guard duty while he waits for the clerics and mages to do their research.

I suggest we decide on who's carrying what, so that nothing's left unwritten on our character sheets. We can decide what's to be sold after we know the effects. Those castanets definitely have a "Charm" or "Beguile" effect.

Again, the list, with a suggestion of who's carrying/keeping what:

Akhilleus
1 ruby (500gp) - profits to be shared

Drest
1 amulet made of withered flesh and twisted herbs

Sik
1 ruby (500gp) - profits to be shared

Xenos
1 gem (500gp) - profits to be shared
Dagger

Kain
1 pair of shell shaped driftwood castanets

Taibhse
1 moleskin journal with detailed information on fungi species and their effects

Belloc
4 vials with liquids of varying colors
1 human flesh bound book with magical phrases, sigils, and notes on spells

Cyric
1 doll of a dwarf with long iron pin

Ceana?
A single page of notes with the words dwarfs, philtres, and about an invaluable magic gem*

*Maybe one of the three gems we have is the magic one, I suggest we ID these too. That page is worth a thorough reading (maybe that gem is to be found in this cave or in the fortress).

Last edited by Karaunios on Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#572 Post by Belkregos »

Karaunios wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:53 am Akhilleus keeps doing his guard duty while he waits for the clerics and mages to do their research.

I suggest we decide on who's carrying what, so that nothing's left unwritten on our character sheets. We can decide what's to be sold after we know the effects. Those castanets definitely have a "Charm" or "Beguile" effect.

Again, the list, with a suggestion of who's carrying/keeping what:

Akhilleus (only carrying)
- Need ID and then given to the one that will most benefit from:-
3 rubies (500gp each?) - profits to be shared
Dagger (Sik, Xenos?)
1 amulet made of withered flesh and twisted herbs (?)

Kain
1 pair of shell shaped driftwood castanets

Taibhse
1 moleskin journal with detailed information on fungi species and thejr effects

Belloc
4 vials with liquids of varying colors
1 human flesh bound book with magical phrases, sigils, and notes on spells

Cyric
1 doll of a dwarf with long iron pin

Ceana?
A single page of notes with the words dwarfs, philtres, and about an invaluable magic gem*

*Maybe one of the three gems we have is the magic one, I suggest we ID these too. That page is worth a thorough reading (maybe that gem is to be found in this cave or in the fortress).

agreed with the list
lets secure the room and try to rest so taibhse can try and heal the the afflicted and continue on
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#573 Post by shaidar »

It might be worth spreading those gems around rather than them being all on one person. Just in case.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#574 Post by Karaunios »

Good idea, then one for each warrior type. I'll edit.

I'm also changing my inventory in my character sheet.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#575 Post by shaidar »

Update looks good to me. I'm happy to look after the dagger as well.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#576 Post by Karaunios »

Re-updated.
silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#577 Post by silifi »

Sik is now carrying one of the rubies in his pocket.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#578 Post by Belkregos »

added the book and 4 potions to Belloc's inventory
question, was Belloc able to identify the potions with the Alchemy class ability?

ALCHEMY
To practice the sorcery-science of alchemy. Apprentice magicians learn how to identify potions by taste alone; albeit the practice is not always safe. At 7th level, a magician
may concoct potions with the assistance of an alchemist. By 11th level, the assistance of an alchemist is no longer required. For more information, refer to Chapter 7: Sorcery, alchemy.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#579 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cyril carefully places the doll in his pack, doing his best to keep the iron pin in position.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#580 Post by Rex »

Drest

Why doesn't Drest get anything?

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”