What are you reading?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: What are you reading?

#21 Post by Scott308 »

I like that channel. I met them at the NARBC show in Schaumburg, IL last year.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by rredmond »

As dippy and nice in real life as they seem? :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Scott308

#23 Post by Scott308 »

Karaunios wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:34 am I love that, especially the borrowing books from the library. Good way to not cram your house with books and reading at zero cost. Also pretty old school :D
We have a really good library system here in the Madison area, and we use it extensively. My wife and I quite often have books or movies we've borrowed and my wife takes art classes there on occasion. A local library can be such an important part of a community.
I've never read Neil Gailman but I hear of him often. Any take on his style or his themes?
I have not read any of Gaiman's prose work, I've only read the Sandman comics back in the early 90s before this reread, so can't really speak to his style very much. Sandman is one of the highest regarded comic series of all time, and rightfully so. It is not your typical comic book as it does not focus on superheroes. It deals with Morpheus, otherwise known as Dream, Lord of the Dreaming, and involves his siblings such as Death, Despair, and Destruction. It starts off as a dark horror story and eventually transitions to more fantasy/ mythology. I highly recommend it. There is a Netflix series that came out this year, and I'm rereading the series before I watch it.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by sastaz »

The series is great! Not the same thing as the graphic novel obviously, but true to the original in the right places, with the limitations of respective medium taken into regard.
Scott308

#25 Post by Scott308 »

rredmond wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:23 pm As dippy and nice in real life as they seem? :)
From what I saw, yes. Ed was behind the camera, but Emily was meeting people and taking pictures with them. She asked what we were looking for and I told her spiders, so we had a quick tarantula chat. We went to the USARK auction that evening, and they ended up winning a big plate of bakery cookies, which she brought around to share with people, starting with the general public instead of the industry people.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Karaunios »

Scott308 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:37 pm We have a really good library system here in the Madison area, and we use it extensively. My wife and I quite often have books or movies we've borrowed and my wife takes art classes there on occasion. A local library can be such an important part of a community.
Nice. I would like to use something like that but I'm spoiled by how easy it is to buy physical books on the internet... and how many classics you can find for free for ebook.

Return to “General RPG discussion”