Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

#441 Post by Karaunios »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:38 pm It was Allisa that kicked Luther over the edge of the cliff.
:shock:
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#442 Post by sastaz »

Amun clenches her fist.

"Allissa!"
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#443 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey gives up on the attempt to communicate with the natives for the moment when Luther comes tumbling from the sky creating a scene of chaos below.

When accusations of murder begin descending (ascending?) upon Allissa, he says, "I would like to remind you of MommaPamma's powers of manipulation. Even I, the wisest and most circumspect of wizards, was for a time under her thrall. She means only to divide us. I am certain Allissa did not do this thing of her own volition."

He brushes a molar from his shoulder.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy shudders, her face going dark with rage. She looks up toward the clifftop, shaking a fist. NO MORE, YOU BITCH! We're not losin' any more of our friends to you!
Tears streaming down her face, she turns toward the rafts. Does anybody have a way to track them? So we can find her when we've recovered an' made a new plan?
FA FO
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes has acted in private.....

Maag, Darklin, Liam, Keg?
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#446 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Will try shooting a couple normal arrows at Allissa just to show his displeasure.

-------
[1d20+5]=3+5=8 Long Bow +2 Attack

[1d20+5]=6+5=11 Long Bow +2 Attack
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:25 pm Maag

Maag is stunned into silence when he sees Luther's demise. After a few moments he whispers "Dat is no way for a man like 'im to die".

Maag stands silent for a few more moments, then takes his waterskin off his belt. "Sorry mate, I 'ave not got any booze. Did is der best I can do." He holds it up in salute. "See yer Big Fella".

Then walks away.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Urson wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:57 pm Daisy
Daisy shudders, her face going dark with rage. She looks up toward the clifftop, shaking a fist. NO MORE, YOU BITCH! We're not losin' any more of our friends to you!
Tears streaming down her face, she turns toward the rafts. Does anybody have a way to track them? So we can find her when we've recovered an' made a new plan?
"The good news is, Daisy, we know her name. This puts her at a considerable disadvantage. There is a spell – I have seen it in use – that will bring a demon to you. With a bit more study, I might master this spell, allowing us to prepare a battle on our own terms," replies Chauncey.
I should have access to that spell in 14 levels, so 23 years in real time... 8-) By then we'll be playing this game on our Mind Orbs.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#449 Post by OGRE MAGE »

She's Next
Waterday, 3rd of Harvester
Early Morning, Humid, Warm, Misty

In utter shock and disbelief at what just happened to their longtime friend Luther, the party acts predictably. Wake and Amun are sure they need to leave this place in a hurry, looking to Mayor Daisy for direction. The same holds true for Grimm, Elnaerel and Yrias, who is already at the riverbank. With tears running down her face, the halfling shouts up into the mist before suggesting they head for the rafts. Amun blows a loud note on her war horn while Darklin fires arrows at an unseen overhead target. Maag makes a fitting warriors gesture before moving to the river with the others.

When Feanol mentions what she saw through the eyes of her parrot Gnodric, the reality of the situation really sets in. Wes and Gnodric return, the druid reverting back to his natural Half-elven form with an inquisitive expression on his troubled hairy face. Despite all the former warnings about the elf, how could one of their own members do this to someone they all loved. MommaPamma's other recently confessed connection is the first to defend Allissa's dishonorable behavior yet again, reminding the others of the bitter treachery of these diabolical types. Almost as if it were on cue, a loud scream from the succubus can be heard coming from overhead.

"I WANT THOSE FUCKING GEMS!!!"

Another whistling noise can be made out above the roar of the falls, almost exactly as the last one you just heard. When you look up for it, you see a rather similar unsettling scene. The tumbling body of Allissa suddenly comes into view through the mists, falling from above just as Luther did, though she appears to have been shoved or violently thrown from the clifftops as her trajectory expels her body further towards the waterfall. The elven scout screams out loudly right before her body smashes into a rocky area at the edge of the falls, exploding on contact and sending up a crimson spray of lifeblood that stains the rushing water red momentarily before quickly being washed away again. Her crushed and unmoving form rolls down the jagged rocks and flops into the churning pool of turbulent water with no sign of life from the woman whatsoever. (10d6 damage will do that to someone) :?

Actions?

Liam AC:4 4/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 22/23 0/3 1st / 1/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 22/26 RM, CL, DM 1/3 1st 1/2 2nd W:61
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 26/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 3/4 first Light:75
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 1/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F2) AC:2 9/20
Yrias AC:5 4/8 1/3 1st RM, CL, DM 0/1 1st
Maag AC:4 16/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 23/53 6/6 1st 0/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 0/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel AC:3 23/23 0/4 1st 1/3 2nd

Allissa AC:2 ?/19 Extremely Dead
Luther AC:3 ?/30 Dead
The Knife (T3) AC:4* -12/12 Very Dead

In front of Daisy is a golden ring
In front of Darklin is a long bow and a dozen arrows.

In front of The Knife is a Gnomish made short sword and a dull purple stone.
In front of Chauncey is a pair of decretive metal bracers.
In front of Keg sits a very nice looking longsword that feels cold to the touch.

In front of Feanol rests a shiny silver ring.
In front of Elnaerel is a strip of brown cloth that looks like a headband and a sling with a dozen stones.
In front of Liam sits a plain leather bag.
In front of Grimm rests a crossbow.
In front of Yrias sits a pair of fine leather boots and a massive 2-handed sword.
In front of Wake is a very nice looking mace.

In front of Maag sits bastard sword and an unmarked potion bottle.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Want in one hand... Daisy's voice dies as she sees Allissa.

It's too much. Daisy watches Allissa fall and die, and the light and life fades from the Halfling's eyes. She collapses into a small, shaking bundle, hugging her knees. She sobs, she screams, she swears, all at the same time. She rocks in place, giving in to hysteria.
FA FO
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake understanding how Daisy must be feeling, but also realizes this is not the time or the place and he helps her to keep going. "We must get off the battlefield."
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Having seen Alissa perched on the edge of the cliff with Momma right behind her, Wes knows exactly what just happened.

"GRAB HER!!! DON'T LET HER FLOAT AWAY!!!! " he roars, hoping his voice will carry to those down by the falls.

To those nearby he says, "Look through the huts. We need to find baskets, anything like that. Then gather up as much of Luther and Alissa as we can."

"I may...may...be able to bring them back."
Wes looks over at Chauncey. "Do you remember, in the temple? With Gorman?"

"There was a book there. A very, very old book. It was written by many druids through the ages, followers of each of the gods who venerate the Oerth. It was very hard for me to read. Each time I'm in town I spend days studying it. Eventually I discovered it contained powerful magic, more powerful than Obad Hai has granted me yet.

"It's the magic that Reincarnates the spirits of the dead. I haven't mastered it yet. But perhaps with a few more days of study... I can't make any promises".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam had felt better. He had limped stiffly to the river with everyone else and was stunned by sight of Luther and Allissa's doom.

Keg roared out his frustrations, shaking his fists at the demoness above them.

When Wes mentions gathering baskets, Liam moves quickly as he can to comply, and so does Keg, though he looks more skeptical.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by sastaz »

At this point, Amun is just waiting for the rafts to take off, watching the actions of the others that are still on the battlefield.

"Let's go. We cannot face her like this. She's picking us off one by one, can't you see that?! We cannot avenge our friends if we are dead!"
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy is a blubbering, sobbing mess- but she manages to pull herself together enough to head for the rafts. She even attempts to help collect remains, but she's too shocked to be much use.
FA FO
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm and Elnaerel help gathering... what remains of Luther and Allissa.

Yrias is at the rafts.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#457 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Moves to what is left of Allissa. Looking for any Dragon Granted Gifts to help him in the coming struggles.

She must have been charmed or something. From what I know of here she was a decent person. I shall carry her equipment and return what I can to the Dragon. Are you sure there is enough to bring back?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#458 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Hearing the Druids words "are you sure you need as much as possible or just some portion, and do you really think you can attain this magic? If not be let us know and we should go as haste does seem the best course here."
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes snorts, his voice rising a little. "I want at least a decent part of them" he replies. "I've never cast a spell like this before. But I don't want to fail because I only took a finger from each."

"Do I know if I'll succeed? If Obad Hai sees fit then, yes, I will. But I don't presume to know the will of The Shalm. Nothing is going to stop me from trying though. I walked off the ship 6 weeks ago with these two, and Chauncey. We've crawled through more than one dungheap together and come out the other side. I didn't leave them behind in the temple and I'm not going to leave them behind now!"

"But you're right.
Wes takes a deep breath and calms himself. "A couple of limbs. Whatever we can wrap in a cloak in a few moments."

He grabs what he can from Luther's remains and heads for the rafts with the others.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#460 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel listens to the druid's explanation with special interest.

"So it's true that the gods, actually nature gods, can grant the blessing of reincarnation... I've heard about it back in The Wild Coast.

Do you have the certainty that that book belongs to the Shalm? Lest it be the trick of another demon that will make us pay a high price."

Six weeks of game time = four (?) years of actual time... :lol:

Return to “Completed Missions”