Into The Long Wet Darkness

OGRE MAGE
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Into The Long Wet Darkness

#221 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

Once the others have traversed the room to peer through the now open door with no mishaps, Xenos will enter the room and join them.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#222 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Looking For A Fight?

Leaving Valkrina behind to rest for a moment, the others concentrate on what they will find behind the next door. Using the torch to see by, they peer into the room to find several wooden structures in front of them. The structures are large enough to hide behind, and give the otherwise empty area a feel of some kind of fighting or training exercise. The ceilings here are easily 20 feet high, the wooden obstacles standing about 8 feet high or so.

The silence of the room is suddenly broken when the noise of a single unseen rock or something hard crashes against the backside of one of the nearby barricades in front of you. Only illuminating a portion of the room so far, the source of the noise cannot yet be seen.

Actions?

positions:
EC14CD2E-D28F-4E89-8C84-0E7DAD553476.jpeg
EC14CD2E-D28F-4E89-8C84-0E7DAD553476.jpeg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 461 times
Akhilleus AC:4 22/22 (Torch)
Xenos AC:5 12/12 2/2
Drest AC:7 11/12
Euripides AC:5 9/10 2/2
Valkrina AC:6 -2/16 2/2 Unconscious
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Could anyone tell where that came from?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"We should stick together, I think we're going to have to fight our way through this room"
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

"If there's gonna be a fight, I rather use my shield. Someone take who fights with a free hand take it." He hands his torch to Xenos or anyone close if better.

He then gets his shield and sword ready. "Let's see what's over there where the rock fell, out whatever that was. Light that up." He raises his shield to protect himself and the person carrying the torch.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#226 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

The rogue draws his sword. I can take that torch if nobody else wants it, he says quietly to the others.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Rex »

Drest

"So some go right and some go left?"
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

"No splitting! Better if they take us together. It'll be harder. Just keep your distance from each other."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#229 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Looking For The Fight

After passing the torch, the four remaining explorers move into the dark room a bit further, checking the area where they heard the crashing noise. They spot a large pile of rocks against the east wall and they also find the grapefruit sized hunk of stone on the floor that crashed into the nearby barricade.

Out of the darkness towards the northwest, a second rock suddenly comes crashing into Drest, hitting him in the head hard enough to knock him over momentarily. 4 dam The woozy scout shakes off the attack and gets back to his feet with an extra mean looking scowl on his ugly face, a trickle of blood now running down the back of his ear.

Actions!

positions:
63E7EF0E-19BF-47E5-892B-EA1979F2B48D.jpeg
63E7EF0E-19BF-47E5-892B-EA1979F2B48D.jpeg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Akhilleus AC:4 22/22
Drest AC:7 7/12
Euripides AC:5 9/10 2/2 (Torch)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Time to move, keep behind the barricades and move fast in the openings!"

Drest starts towards the other side, trying to keep the barricades between him and the rock pile. West around the ^ then north to the western edge of the X then north as fast as possible to the other side of the V. Further will depend on what he sees.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

Akhilleus follows the same strategy, but he goes, shield high, from X to __ (around the right side) and the advance quickly from __ to the last X (around the left side), taking cover on the lower space of that barricade. He won't stop to study the rubble to the east, since he knows that will put him in a difficult position.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

Trying to time his movements to coincide with the others (to present multiple moving targets to the opposition rather than just single targets at once) the Death Night circles anti-clockwise around the current X and then across to the middle X, staying in the southern section.

Once there he calls out "Perhaps we can come to some arrangement, friend, a more lucrative deal than you throwing rocks at us."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#233 Post by OGRE MAGE »

(Scott must be taking an unannounced basketball break)

Looking For The Fight

Drest and Akhilleus move forward quickly, bouncing from cover to cover while Xenos does the same, matching their movements from behind as best he can. Euripides is about to follow suit when he sees and hears the door to the room suddenly close. Not sure what that means, and remembering the adjoining room is where they left their unconscious bard, the intellectually challenged Atlantean moves back towards the portal, absentmindedly carrying the groups only lit torch along with him.

Drest thinks he spots a ruddy looking figure up ahead, until the area he is in suddenly falls back into complete darkness again when the torchlight fades away back towards the door. Akhilleus too finds himself suddenly unable to see through the growing darkness, while Xenos hangs just at the edge of the dim torchlight, no longer able to see his friends in front of him.

Another loud crash reverberates along the top of the wooden structure Xenos hides behind, luckily missing the sorcerer on the other side. His parlay is met with a long, guttural moan that seems to be coming from the northeast. Again, Euripides thinks he spots something scratched into the back of the wooden door.

Actions!

positions:
4258F816-B41D-4270-94BB-8497259DF039.jpeg
4258F816-B41D-4270-94BB-8497259DF039.jpeg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Akhilleus AC:4 22/22
Drest AC:7 7/12

Euripides AC:5 9/10 2/2 (Torch)
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

Akhilleus will light (yet) another torch and throw it roughly in the direction the grunt came from. He'll wait three heartbeats after doing so, remaining behind his cover, since he expects that whatever's there will throw a rock in his direction. When/if/after this happens, he will take a peek on the left side of the X to see if the torch is lighting the creature there.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will go prone behind the barrier and try and get as close to it as possible for maximum protection. Then he waits for some light.

Edited to fix a typo, should have been prone.
Last edited by Rex on Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by shaidar »

Xenos will wait for the next stone to be thrown, then scoot over to the top-left X.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Karaunios »

Something tells me Scott is not coming back, and I don't know if Bluetongue is following... *Sigh*
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#238 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina is unconscious but Greg (BlueT) isn't. I am still here.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Karaunios »

Good! :)
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#240 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Knowing that whatever is scratched on the door might be important but going nowhere, the purloiner creeps back toward the others, taking up a position behind the barricade 20' west of Xenos. Hey! he calls out in a loud whisper. Something written on the door. Need to go back and look after we deal with...whatever's making that noise!
Sorry everyone! Between basketball and hockey tournaments, Gary Con, and trying to get a bunch of movies watched before the Oscars, I lost track of time and didn't realize how long it had been since I checked in.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”