Everyday Life in Beachtown

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Everyday Life in Beachtown

#1441 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:35 pm Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter stays with the fishermen for now, working on getting the catamaran ready. Although he had hoped that adventuring would help him find another path, he remembers well how to put in a full day's work, and believes that the fishermen's ability to bring in food is going to be more important as time goes on. So he accepts that this is what he needs to be doing, at least between jaunts into the jungle for fun and profit.
"So, once we get this thing built up ta snuff, is ye gonna go out fishin with us again, lil Dex?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1443 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:06 pm I guess this thread in the story is more or less on hold until Jaxsen can get back. Not sure what else to do with it.
I guess so.....

I wasn't really sure what motivated several characters to put themselves on hold so that one character can go back out on a long solo mission that he likely wont return from. But hey, that's a sandbox for you.
:lol:

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1444 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"Well..... yeah," says Dexter with some real enthusiasm. "I might not be much of a fisherman, but I can't refuse an invitation to ride on a boat I helped build. You might think I don't have any faith in it!" After a moment, he adds, "Besides, I always worked near the rivers. I want to taste some real deep-sea fish!" The Halfling continues to work on the catamaran.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The reply from Dexter makes the fishermen work all that much harder to get the modifications completed.

By the time the sun sets, the halfling checks over the final product, happy with all the new improvements that were made to the boats.

"Ready for a nice long row in the morning, Dex?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1446 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"I've heard that fisherman start their days early," answers Dex. "So you just tell me when to be here." Dexter then returns to the Treehouse for a quick supper and then to his shack. He boxes up most of his stuff, ready to go out on the water as light as possible. He plans to take only his most beaten up set of clothes, his trusty coil of rope, his daggers, a day's food, waterskins, and his holy symbol to Brandobaris. He cannot help but think that Brandobaris would appreciate the adventurous excursion out onto the ocean.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"We should probably start rowing out a couple hours before sun-up. Can you make it back down here that early?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1448 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

"Absolutely," says Dex. "I just live over there in one of the shacks by the Hi-Lo. I'll be here."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1449 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once the time to shove off is agreed upon, the men disperse.

Dexter sees a few of the fishermen a short time later, in the Treehouse tavern.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1450 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter picks up his bowl of stew and joins the fishermen. "Fellas," he says, sitting at the table. "You all did some good work today on the catamaran. Let me pick up supper and a couple rounds, OK?" He pays for everyone's (all the fishermen) supper and drinks, and throws in a couple silver pieces as a tip for Randall.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1451 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:35 pm Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter picks up his bowl of stew and joins the fishermen. "Fellas," he says, sitting at the table. "You all did some good work today on the catamaran. Let me pick up supper and a couple rounds, OK?" He pays for everyone's (all the fishermen) supper and drinks, and throws in a couple silver pieces as a tip for Randall.
viewtopic.php?f=446&t=11077

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1452 Post by Urson »

Daisy
After Daisy finishes her meeting with Jaxsen, she makes a round of the main gathering places in town- the firepit, Randall's, the common houses, and Hi/Lo. She spreads the word that she wants to have a meeting of the Council, at sunset, at the Town Guard's barracks.
She emphasizes that this will be a closed meeting, and that there will be public announcements afterward.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1454 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Daisy is able to gather up Marge, Caleb, Randall, Liam, Nallissa, Glansandi, and any of her comrades who are willing to join in on the impromptu meeting. Possibly Narramore, The Princess, Jaxsen, Dexter.....(Did I miss anyone?)

The barracks isn't a very pleasant place for a meeting, but it is kept private by the Constables men standing guard outside.

The stoic elf still looks a bit sickly, but better than the last time Daisy saw him.

"What news, Mayor Daisy?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1455 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The Princess joins the meeting, trying in vain to cover her disgust with the state of the barracks. She keeps her distance from the constable.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1456 Post by SirOwen »

I'm guessing that, since time is fluid in town, Dexter and Jaxsen are able to attend?
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1457 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:55 pm I'm guessing that, since time is fluid in town, Dexter and Jaxsen are able to attend?
Did I put them on the list? :D

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1458 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Looking a bit better for a night's rest and his morning rituals, Jaxsen immediately approaches the Constable. Taking him by the hand, he says, "It is good to see you continuing to heal, Glansandi. I have already informed Mayor Daisy, but I though you might like to know... while I was watching the Dwarf mine, I didn't see any overt sign that they might have been taken over by the same kind of parasite that took you. But the fact that they do seem to be evil in the extreme still gives me doubt. I won't say any more here, but since the Mayor wants to bring all this up, you will hear all the rest."
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#1459 Post by SirOwen »

Dexter Broadleaf

Dexter smiles and waves at Daisy, but doesn't come forward with anything immediately. Given an opportunity, he does approach her. "I have some news that these folks might want to be aware of, but let's get the matter of the Dwarves out of the way, first."
"There is no spoon."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1460 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Thanks for coming on short notice, ya'll. Jaxson, please tell everyone what happened on your scouting trip. Any details might be important, so don't leave nothing out.
After the monk has given his report, We can't let this go- but we're in no position to make them stop by ourselves. We need ideas.
FA FO

Return to “Completed Missions”