Mission 0 - Cup of Joe

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Mission 0 - Cup of Joe

#101 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

No, it doesn't have to go inside. We'll just put it in our outdoor containment unit.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by Taaz »

Between the way Julia asked the question, and Lionel's remarks Jason couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "I wont linger where you can smell it, we are going to the basement. I am going to head on for anyone keeping up" He walks down the hall reaching the basement stairs and entered into the basement garage slash workshop. The large red containment unit sat imposing on the room, displays hummed and provided soft light, status monitors, LEDs blinking in patterns. It was something to behold. He stepped up onto the platform, leaving room for those watching.

Reaching up to a handle he hopes the others can't tell hes nervous. He has done simulations of this, assisted with live entities and seen the veterans do this. No biggie, its just a regular Wednesday. He grabbed the handle, "Open and unlock the system, " He inserts the trap into the containment unit. "Insert the trap, and release." He hits the button and the body of the trap ejects from the containment unit, he closes the containment unit. "Close and lock the system" He locks the handle and moves to a touchscreen monitor. "Set your entry grid... neutronize your field... and..." He pulls a lever, "That's all folks. When the light is green the trap is clean." He silently holds his breath that everything works out.

If you need any rolls let me know.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#104 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

And that, everybody, is our first officially busted ghost. Great work, all of you! he says, as he begins to applaud everyone's efforts.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Bluehorse »

Julia follows them down from a distance, spraying a little febreze from her desk as they go. It can't quite mask the natural old smells of the building itself, but helps mask the acidic smells of the trap in operation. The containment grid gives all indications of things operating in good conditions and the observation monitor, a newer feature, turns on and displays that it is now analyzing the newest addition to the grid. The guys will know from training, that soon there will be a detailed log on the entity within the fire house's database, which can be shared on the franchise servers for other researchers as well, expanding on the study of paranormology as well as putting their first official stamp on the Ghostbusters world.

Julia nods when the source of the smell is put away and excuses herself to go make out an invoice for their first job.

Well done guys! Bps coming down the tube.
Feel free to interact further here concerning this mission, or move to the firehouse for things taking place afterwards.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Bluehorse »

afterward.

First job is in the books. So time to award Bps. The way this will work is I will give out points for accomplishments towards goals along with recouping Bps as according to the guide. This is to better reflect individual tasks as well as offer you more chances at advancement since that tends to be the downside of PbP type games since they move at a slower pace.

So.. here we are now.

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 14/20
Jake Matz: 20/21
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 20/20
Roy O'Dowd: 18/20

For completing the mission, +5
Dealing (for the moment) with Bur +2
Establishing a police contact +2
Success in the mission +150% of all Bps spent.
+9 Jason
+2 (rounded) Jake
+2 (Rounded) Lionel
+3 Roy

Now...
Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 32/32
Jake Matz: 31/31
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 31/31
Roy O'Dowd: 32/32

Please check my math!

Return to “Mission Archive”