House Rules & Admin Things

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

House Rules & Admin Things

#1 Post by Eris »

I'll post house rules and notices here. The topic will be read only. If you have questions about rules or other things post those in the Out of Game Discussion topic.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Die Roller & Campaign ID

#2 Post by Eris »

The Silverband game's Campaign ID is 871.

If you Log into the Die Roller site (look at the upper right of the page) you can have Unseen Servant roll dice for you which you can then use in the game. You'll need the proper ID to properly verify your rolls.

Now, I trust players (just as I hope you trust me), so I'm not going to insist you use this dice roller and I'm not going to go rummaging around in posts to make sure you didn't fudge things. Use the dice roller because it's convenient or do like me and roll actual dice (I like the feel and the sound, sue me, I'm old school) and post your results.

NOTE: One nice thing about the Dice Roller here is that it will help you create a Character Sheet for your PC. It's standard D&D, so not exactly right for Castles and Crusades, but it's close and with some tinkering could be made to work...I think. I'll have to experiment.

How to use the dice roller and the character sheet and such... There is a very good Users Guide for that. Scroll to the bottom of the Die Roller screen to find the link to the Users Guide. It will walk you through getting an account, rolling up stats, filling out the Character Sheet and linking it to a post over here in the Rogue's Gallery and so on.
Last edited by Eris on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Classes & Races

#3 Post by Eris »

Acceptable Classes

The free book limits you to Fighter/Cleric/Wizard/Rogue and those are fine, but if you have access to the Player's Handbook I'll probably accept a PC from any of the following classes:

Fighter is a warrior with great prowess on the battlefield.
Ranger is an extraordinary woodsman and warrior.
Rogue is a rapscallion and an opportunist.
Wizard is a practitioner of powerful arcane magics.
Illusionist magically distorts the perceptions of others.
Cleric is avowed to a deity and dispenses divine justice.
Druid owes allegiance to the elemental powers of the world.
Paladin is a warrior blessed by divinity, a paragon of good.
Bard influences others through the power of words.

You'd have to do a LOT of convincing to get me accept: Assassin, Monk, Barbarian, or Knight for a number of reasons.

Acceptable Races

Again the free book details Human/Dwarf/Elf/Halfling (depending on version of that book), and those are all you really need. However, if you have the full book and want to build a PC you can add Gnome to the list. No Half-Elf or Half-Orc. Cross breeding doesn't work on Garth, no viable issue of such unions ever happen.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Subscribing Forum/Topics

#4 Post by Eris »

Okay, let's see if I can get this working for everyone. There are a few steps you need to take to get Notifications for posts to a Forum/Topic and for the notification to come by email to you.
  • Subscribe the Forum: Go the home page for Silverband and scroll to the very bottom of the page. In the middle there will be a box with either "Subscribe forum" or "Unsubscribe forum" next to it. You want it to say Unsubscribe forum. Click it if it says Subscribe. You should now receive notifications when a new post is made to the Forum. I *think* this means a notification even on replies to a post, but I'm not sure.
  • When you make a post in a Forum, there is a list of options just below the Submit button. To get notifications when a Reply is made, check the appropriate box before Submitting. Now you will be notified when a reply is made, but (I think) not to all replies, just once. I think this is what the system is calling "Bookmarked."
  • However, the notifications you get will be on the Notifications bar of the forum, not by email, not by default. You have to set the board to send you email notifications. To do that:
    1. Open the User Control Panel: In the top right corner you should see your name, click it and then User Control Panel
    2. Open Board Preferences: The second tab from the left is Board Preferences, click it.
    3. Open Edit Notification Options: On the right sidebar find Edit Notification Options and click it.
    4. You'll see a list of Notification Types and whether you want to be Notified by Notification and/or Email. You'll probably want to check off several in the EMail column.
I think this will set you up to get EMail notifications. It seems to work for most people, hopefully for all of us.
Terry wrote:Found another setting that’s useful. Under Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit posting defaults, the “notify me of replies by default” can be set to yes.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”