where are the children

wolfpack
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: where are the children

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn wonders to himself a demon? "Thank you. I will return soon. What direction did you see the thing fly off in? He asks as his final question."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by wolfpack »

the chipmonk turns and faces north

that way
GreyWolfVT

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn "Thank you. I must go consult with the druid I will be back later to pay you with the good nuts." with that he heads to the druid to inform of his findings.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by wolfpack »

you return to the grove entering through the veiled entrance. You find Boran tending the garden.

hail, what news
GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn shakes his head "Nothing good I'm affraid that what I learned from some chipmunks was not good news sounds like they described a demon that changed from a human shape to a scaled winged larger shape, it destroyed that girl I found. Initially I thought they meant a dragon or a wyvern but when they said it was bipedal and smelled of fire, and smoke, and eggs that had gone bad. I feared this was more of a demon description. They said it flew off north from where i located the body. Oh and they are mad you don't share the good nuts. As payment I offered to pay them with some of those if you can spare them. Minor concern that part but I am wondering how the heck did a demon get here to begin with? Did some wayward fool wizard summon one and it managed to break the summoning seal? What did you learn?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by wolfpack »

He listens to your words a look of concern comes across his face.

a demon would certainly account for drawing vile creatures to it's presence. I spoke to the crows, they told me where the troll has gone to lair.

something that looks as a man, but takes children to feed on and is a demon. Have you heard the legend of the Mumok? This sounds like the folktale, a demon that comes and takes away bad children and eats them, something used to scare children to keep them in line, but it is only a old wives tale.

the chiomunks are talking about the walnuts, they only grow here in the grove. feel free to take some
GreyWolfVT

#87 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn "I don't recall that tale but perhaps it was before my time or that of someone not half-elven raised among the elves. But it does remind me of a tale I'd heard about a demon called Krampus. At any rate. Where did the crow say the troll made it's lair? If creatures of that nature are near this demon I wonder if I am even capable of taking that on myself." he goes to gather some of the walnuts to stuff in his pack to give to the chipmunks. "Even a troll alone would be a challenge for me solo. Did you learn anything more? I only know north of where the body was found which was nearer Brad's trap lines."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by wolfpack »

yes Krampus, Cuco, it has gone by many names in the folklore.

They crows said they have seen other things in the forest as of late. Bad things.

Dire wolves, bug bears, this thing is drawing them here.

the troll is laired in an old bear cave northeast of here about an hour away
GreyWolfVT

#89 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn "Well unfortunately I think that is where I am headed then. After paying the chipmunks. I don't like this one bit but someone has to take action against this evil that threatens the kindly folk of the town." he says starting to head back towards the chipmunks tree to reward them for the information.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by wolfpack »

to destroy a troll you must use fire any other wounds will heal, here take this.

He hands you a small bead.

throw this and it will explode into a ball of fire. it will aid you against the troll.

bead of force 4d6
GreyWolfVT

#91 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn nods his head "Thank you. That will come in useful. Any advice on how to kill a demon?" he asks as he is ready to leave the grove.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by wolfpack »

I have never faced one, I would imagine only things magical can harm them. Fire may not since they dwell in lower planes
GreyWolfVT

#93 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn "Yeah I figured the fire will work on the troll but a demon I might be better off sticking to divine or maybe cold if i were capable of it. Thank you again. I hope to see you again after this is all over." the ranger-cleric says as he leaves and heads off to pay the chipmunks with the walnuts he grabbed. After that he will head towards the professed cave in the north where the troll was seen lairing.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by wolfpack »

you pay the chipmunks their nuts and move on.

Its a long walk through denser forest to get there. You notice the closer you get the worse the forest looks. More moss growing, dead trees, thorny overgrowth.

you move slowly and stop within about 100 yards of the cave entrance. you can see it on the side of a hillock.
GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Syl takes the time to scout things out and search for tracks in the area near the cave.

Percentile [1d100] = 62

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by wolfpack »

within about 50 yards of the cave you catch tracks that your sure are the trolls.
GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Syl scouts forward some more to see if anything else is nearby or if he can catch a glimpse of the troll.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by wolfpack »

you defiantly see tracks leading towards the cave, you can;t see into the actual cave as past the mouth it is dark inside
GreyWolfVT

#99 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Syl moves to the cave entrance as quietly as he can, and tries to look around into the cave without using a light source to see if he can pick up anything in his infravision.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by wolfpack »

roll 1d6

Return to “Wolfpack's Solo Game (1e)”