OOC Discussion

Paladin
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#81 Post by Karaunios »

ginnymack wrote:
Paladin wrote:Everyone welcome ginnymack! Fresh meat for the grinder. :twisted: :lol:
What cheek! At least you’re honest about it.
And he means it.

My first character has already died.

Twice :lol:
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Paladin »

Happy Memorial day, all. A day to remember the fallen and share fellowship with family and friends. I hope you all have a good one. :)
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Paladin »

And if anyone thinks our game is tough, read this. :lol: Gygax makes me sound benevolent by comparison. I love old play reports!

http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh ... voir1.html

If any of you are of a literary bent and wish to preserve your adventures in a similar fashion, let me know and I'll create a thread for it. You can write it, or I can take a shot at it when I get some free time.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Karaunios »

I read that very story a week ago on the Gygax' Legendarium blog :lol:
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Paladin »

The battle near the man-eating plants is getting intense.

You guys have caught hell from my wandering monster die. I've rarely ever had so many consecutive rolls come up on 6. :lol:
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Karaunios »

Welcome sirravd!
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by beniliusbob »

Fresh meat! Paladin's thirst for blood knows no bounds. :lol:

I'm somewhat proud Vamstar is dead... I'm not sure if that makes me twisted also...

As a side note... I've gotten a little busier than usual rushing to finish a project over the next few weeks... I shouldn't have any issues keeping up, but if I seem a little laggy, my apologies!
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by Paladin »

Welcome to jemmus, also! You folks can opt to jump in with a current group or wait and begin an expedition of your own, as you like.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by Paladin »

beniliusbob wrote:Fresh meat! Paladin's thirst for blood knows no bounds. :lol:

I'm somewhat proud Vamstar is dead... I'm not sure if that makes me twisted also...

As a side note... I've gotten a little busier than usual rushing to finish a project over the next few weeks... I shouldn't have any issues keeping up, but if I seem a little laggy, my apologies!
Got your badge of honor! :lol: And no worries. I'm easy.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Karaunios »

I just realised that I've been for a week back at home and I could start drawing that map for the first expedition.

I think it'd be better to keep the maps for both expeditions separated, lest they cross over in the wrong spot.

Do you guys still want me to do it? If yes, I'm more than willing to do those for BOTH expeditions, but note that I won't be tracking any expedition where I don't have a character and therefore won't continue drawing a map for it. I say this in case any of my characters dies.

I might have to ask you some questions before I start drawing them, Paladin.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Paladin »

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm firmly in the camp of players drawing maps if they'd like to keep track of their progress.

The fact that parties who don't map during my games often die horribly is purely coincidental. :roll:
Modric
Guide
Guide

#93 Post by Modric »

Forgot about mapping.

Who wants to be the party's cartographer? :D
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Karaunios »

Read three post above this one, just before Paladin's last :lol:

I'll probably start doing them during the weekend. Not that I'll go too much into the details, mind you, just some basic drawing with pencil and that'll be it, just so we can know where we are and where everything is. But I'll have to take a look through the posts again, just in case I've got any memory blank.
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by beniliusbob »

That's a good idea!

Right now I think we just know three or four "rooms," depending how you count them... the Gates and the three way junction; the left hand trail of dustiness and stonethrowing jerks; the middle path of undead vegetation and the beetles that eat them; the safety beyond the fronds; and the unknown right hand path.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Karaunios »

Ok, I uploaded my two cool maps. One for each expedition. Paladin will have to tell if I've got something so tremendously wrong that even a blind player character would notice, since I understand that the less obvious mistakes won't be corrected :twisted:

I'm sorry for the huge size of the images. I don't know how to make them smaller. That's why I put them in a 'spoiler' section, so it could be more manageable.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Karaunios »

What happened to those that remained behind on Expedition #1? :lol:
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by Paladin »

We'll assume they continued and caught up with you as Gaius was talking, so that you're all together.

Or if they prefer to sneak off and do some subterfuge, they can do that, too. I'm easy. :D

Anyone who isn't current, feel free to do as you like and we'll keep rolling. I'm not leaving anyone behind. Just pushing the action along.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by Paladin »

And also, all you first expedition people, remind me to tally your XP once you reach the end of the trail with Gaius.

Since we've had a couple of deaths, the party is smaller and you will each get a bigger share of the experience. I'm curious to see where we end up. Since the pace of Pbp is so slow, I think I'll double or triple the typical XP you'd earn from an in-person game. That way we aren't struggling at level one for two years of real-time. I give a lot for combat, too. And individual awards when people do something heroic or extra creative. Especially since there isn't much in the way of loot out here yet. Or anywhere to spend it!

Stay tuned. :)

Return to “Beyond the Black Spire (S&W)”