On to Malforten - ICC

Golem
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: On to Malforten - ICC

#81 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl enters the tap room keen to listen to the morning gossip until he learns it has nothing to do with their quest so he turns to the spread put out by Ingrund, rubbing his hands together for the food he is about to eat.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#82 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys

Upon seeing Amarth, Tarron makes an offhand comment, seemingly to nobody in particular. Hmm. Somehow, the prisoner gets her hands on a chicken bone that she uses to escape. However could that have happened? I guess we will never know. He stares straight ahead, eating his breakfast.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

Cormac

"Most likely the chicken wandered in, they are the dumbest animal ever after all." Cormac states in dead pan.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#84 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth smiles knowing well how the chicken got there. "Good for her." he mumbles low enough that the wrong people can't hear him...then tapping his foot he says in a normal tone "Well guess we'll never know eh?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by ybn1197 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Amarth smiles knowing well how the chicken got there. "Good for her." he mumbles low enough that the wrong people can't hear him...then tapping his foot he says in a normal tone "Well guess we'll never know eh?"
Around a mouthful of food Thoryl mutters, "Unless they catch her. My concern is she may be the informant we were warned about."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rex »

Cormac

Whispering "Or not, we don't have enough information. It may be in our best interest to try following her and see where it leads. I am not convinced she is the informant, but she is clearly resourceful and may know something. But I would rather not tell anyone we are looking for her, then we can make our own decisions based on what we learn."
tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#87 Post by tpj »

Vulmer cautiously glances around then whispers, I agree. I've found angry mobs tend no to exercise sound judgement.

Guess we'll have to quietly excuse ourselves then. After seconds, that is.

He grins and returns to the breakfast spread to fill his plate again.
GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth "If she an informant an the folk ere want er dead i dun think she'd stick around, likely she'd seek us out in a safer location don't ya think?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Scott308

#89 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys

If she's an informant, I expect she would head back to Griznak as quickly as possible. She has information to give- or sell, if she is not aligned with the gnoll yet. If we wish to find her, we should get moving quickly. The more time passes, the more difficult it will be to track her. Plus, the authorities will be searching as well, and I would prefer they don't have reason to take any undue interest in us.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Rex »

Cormac

Cormac stands and loudly says "Thank you innkeep the food and ale was just what I needed. I think it is best we head out and look for sign of this gnoll bandit." He then starts towards the door. "I can scout a bit if anyone needs some more time to get ready."

He will head towards the river and see if there is any sign of anyone crossing near town.
GreyWolfVT

#91 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth "I'm all fer headin out and lookin fer em. We can look for the informant too if yah think she's still out there."

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#92 Post by Golem »

If no one objects the party, now refreshed, leaves the inn with the intention of finding the half-orc that escaped the noose. With Cormac in the lead, the ranger first heads for the gaol to examine her foot prints within.

Cormac, make an Wisdom check for tracking (roll 1d20 and add +1 for your wisdom score as well as +2 as her foot prints are the only bare feet in and outside the gaol.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

Cormac

Cormac examines around the Goal.

Tracking [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10
GreyWolfVT

#94 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth looks around for any signs other than the prints to see if the half-orc left any signs.

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#95 Post by tpj »

Vulmer keeps watch for other interested parties.
Scott308

#96 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys

The elf hangs out near the others, looking to see if anyone else is taking an undue interest in them.

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by Golem »

Cormac loses her tracks amid the heavily trafficked area. Undaunted, the ranger heads over the the Rope and Barrel in hopes of picking up Fetch’s trail.

Cormac, make another Tracking roll using the same bonuses.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Rex »

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl tries to stay towards the back of the group hoping not to make things more difficult for the ranger.
Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#100 Post by Golem »

Cormac circles the Rope and Barrel and picks up her footprints leading to and away from a window. The pair of feet wind away and the ranger can tell she's half-running, stopping and crouching here and there. He comes to the road headed north and the tracks disappear. Cormac's shrewd eyes pick out the fresh ruts and hoofprints of a horse and wagon and pieces of loose straw. The party follows the track about two miles up the road when the half-orc's foot prints suddenly reappear and head east until they reach the Drunderry river. Her prints mill in and out of a shallow basin of the river while indents of something like a pack disturb the sandy like dirt. The footprints are gone, replaced by those of boots.

Wilderness Encounter Roll: [1d10] = 1 [1d0] = 0 [1d10] = 8 I know the middle roll is wrong, but with a 1 from the first, the point is moot.

Encounter: [1d20] = 4

With the sun beginning its descent, the group finds themselves along the rocks and boulders and the occasional fallen tree of the west bank when Cormac suddenly stiffens. Holding up a hand for the others to stop, he creeps forward and peers over a decent sized boulder. Ahead of the ranger is a lone warped tree not far from the water's edge. There are 3 wolves circling the tree, growling and baring fangs as one tries to jump up at something caught up in the branches. You see a flash of pale green and you note their prey is Fetch herself. She is in a tenuous position for sure.

Actions?

Return to “The Umbrage Saga (Castles & Crusades)”