The Ribbon Cutting.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Ribbon Cutting.

#81 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Seeing two people start to head back downstairs, Lionel tries to intervene, keeping them with the rest of the tour. Unfortunately, the excitement of the day has his adrenaline pumping. Instead of placing a hand on the shoulder of each in order to steer them back where they belong, he accidentally knocks one of them down. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Please, let me help you up. Reaching down to take the visitor's hand, he helps them to their feet if they accept his offer. Again, I'm sorry, but you were told everyone needed to stay with the group. Had you listened and not tried to wander off, this would not have happened.
I approve this! LOL! Pretty close to what I had in mind for that roll. Poor Lionel was going for the ball. So. You can roll a hard cool and see if you can charm the city official(s) into laughing it off or....... You can take my mystery roll and roll me a 1d6, calling even or odd, and high or low. If you choose the mystery roll, you will have to hold off until I post the table for you, and then I will allow you to shoot yourself in the foot... or get out of it :) MWHAHAHAHA! I do this with my student sometimes when they ask about making up overdue work. You can do xy and z or you can take what I have in the mystery box. It could be good.... I could be bad... but there are no take backs :twisted:

Before I make a big post on the next stage of this thread, I will wait to see if Mac responds today as well as how the interaction between Etta and Roy goes over the containment unit readout. Otherwise, I will try to have this next post up tonight. I have sent a message out to Roaming Vapor, but have not heard back from him. Hoping he is just absent from the holidays.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta looks at Roy with alarm. "What do you think is going on? Do with have a faulty containment grid? Is someone tampering with it? Or is there some supernatural interference—say, something odd about this ghost... or... Surely they checked to make sure the firehouse wasn't haunted before they leased it, right?"

Pulling out her PKE-reader from earlier, Etta starts scanning the basement. "Roy, please check everything you can on that grid before the crowd gets here. We just need to get them in and out without a mess, and then we can take our time getting to the bottom of this."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods and checks everything he can as Etta suggests "I don't know what was done prior to my coming here but we only caught one ghost that i know of so far since I arrived."

Brains (10) [3d6] = 15 G: [1d6] = 1
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 10:37am
Hot, humid, and crowd dispersing outside.

Jason & Lionel are able to herd the group back down stairs and into the lab area. The man who Lionel inadvertently knocked down at the 1-yard line shrugs it off as he gets up, looking equal parts embarrassed as irritated but seems to take it well. He is certainly built like an old linebacker, so maybe that is why. The crowd looks around at the gizmos littering the lab area. A few are looking at the traps laid out on the table but most gravitate over towards the packs.

Roy looks to Etta: "I don't know what was done prior to my coming here but we only caught one ghost that I know of so far since I arrived." and as he turns away from the screen he touches something and it glitches out flickering and flashing green on black.

Mac I have not heard from RV so I will shoot him a message and hope for the best. For now, he is hanging in the background in NPC territory until I hear otherwise.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 42/46
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 46/46
Roy O'Dowd: 47/48
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 30 /34
David "Mac" McAuslan: 37/40
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#87 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel keeps an eye on the crowd, making sure nobody touches anything they are not supposed to. He leaves any presentation to those much more sciencey than he.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Pulpatoon »

Any read on the PKE?
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Pulpatoon »

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Bluehorse »

Pulpatoon wrote:Whoops!
There are normal readings showing the grid is active and functioning as it should. There are no ghost within range, so no worries there, but there is a LOT of ambient energy in general.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta to Roy: "No ghosts nearby. If you've only put one ghost in, and it registers one ghost contained, maybe we're okay? Except our GBI training was very clear on Murphy's Law—everything will go wrong in the worst possible way at the worst possible time. And..." She looks over to the feet descending the staircase. "This would be a pretty bad time."

Tucking the PKE reader in the pocket of her cardigan, she approaches the foot of the stairs, switching on a confident and winning smile. "Welcome! Folks don't usually include the basement when giving a tour, so pardon the bare walls. But we know you'd want to see this very important and very delicate piece of equipment—the Containment Grid. This unit will house the specters, apparitions, and vapors collected during our field missions. We've just turned ours on yesterday, and already it has its first resident! Please be don't approach or touch the unit, however—its instruments are complex and sensitive, and the repercussions of any error would be very serious, indeed. This will probably be the only occasion when the public will be allowed down here."

She claps her hands and says, "And that's all there is to see here! What say we head back up those stairs and cut the ribbon? We can't keep those photographers waiting, now can we? Did I hear that there was a reporter from the Regional section of USA Today out there? Imagine that! Regional coverage in a national periodical!" She begins to make shoo-ing and herding gestures with her arms, a good-natured smile plastered on her face. "And eclairs! And... pony rides! Let's go!"
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 10:45am

Jason & Lionel are easily able to lead the tour group from the lab of intricate and flashy... ergo very dangerous equipment down into the mostly empty basement containing the Containment Unit. A quick advisory from Lionel and after seeing what he can do when trying to be gentle is enough to keep everyone in line.

The first thing J & L Railroad will notice as they lead the group down is that Roy is fumbling with the malfunctioning monitor on the Containment Unit about the time that Etta is putting away the PKE and her phone. She is quick to smile and run interference with anyone getting too close.

The Mayor moves forward though and eyes the machine and whatever it is the Roy is doing with it now, then looks around at the large empty space. Now what do you plan to do with all this room down here? Looks like this is the old garage I heard about. Used to service motorcycles out of here from what I gathered...

J.T. Oh yes, they knew their stuff too. Why a friend of mine had some work on by those boys back in the day, they made that thing run like a screamin' demon. Got in some trouble with the law though... but that's the way it goes.

The Mayor once again silences him with a gesture, this one more satisfied than irritated. Apparently, J.T. had supplied the information he wanted. Now I see these new reports from other franchises around the nation with their emergency vehicles... Ecos or Echos. or some such thing. Where is yours?

All eyes slowly turn from the mayor to the various members of the team.

Mac I have not heard from RV so I will shoot him a message and hope for the best. For now, he is hanging in the background in NPC territory until I hear otherwise.
Mac Text back to everyone: The Crowds look pretty much done. Police just opened traffic back up on the street. Looks like the news crews are pretty much wrapped up too. Seems safe to say all clear. How are things with the tour?

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 30 /34
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Taaz »

First of all the J&L railroad needs to become a funk duo at local karaoke nights or something.

Etta had tried to hit them with interference but the mayor pressed on about the vehicle. So Jason tried his best to give the man the info he wanted. You are absolutely correct, that one of the most important aspect of the Ghostbusters Incorporated are our Ecto vehicles We intend to have this area as our home for a vehicle soon. He walks around the crowd, moving to be closer to the MayorWe had decided that it would be important to work with a local business, help out the community in every way we can, when we get that vehicle. And our very own Lionel Williams has a meeting with a local dealership to look for that new member of the family this afternoon.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta: "We'd love nothing more than to get into the nitty gritty with you, Mr. Mayor, but let's go upstairs where there's room and chairs for everyone to sit, alright?"

Coming up close to the Mayor as she continues to try and usher the crowd back up the stairs, she whispers to him: "And with all these reporters and folks from your office around, I need to know if I'm answering questions from the head of local government, or from an investor. Wouldn't want anyone thinking we were blurring lines, would we?"
GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy having used to work in IT tries turning it off and on again, then checks the plugs to ensure they are plugged in correctly and tightly on both ends.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Pulpatoon »

GreyWolfVT

#99 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 10:45am

Jason & Lionel keep up with their unexpectantly skilled crowd control. Lionel is the perfectly polite but ever on his toes presence to keep them shepherded away from where they need not be, while Jason does the mental maneuvers of a professional show and tell.

Roy looks to the apparently faulty monitor and finds the bad connection, wiggling the wire back into a better spot until the little prong snaps into place. Whoever did the installation on this thing was apparently in a hurry, untrained, or both.

Etta gets a leaned in reply to from the mayor that is so blunt and casual, you are left with the uneasy feeling it might well be true... What does it matter if I own both... and you, my dear. Without another word, he strides up the stairs with the rest of the group quick on his heels.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 28 /34

Return to “Mission Archive”