Mission 0 - Cup of Joe

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Mission 0 - Cup of Joe

#81 Post by Zeromancer »

Jacob peered down his nose at the man's finger for a moment, then looked the reporter directly in the eye.

"We've got nothing to hide, Bur, and I'm prepared to prove it." he replied, paused, then added, "Look, I'll give you the exclusive on our operations here. You'll scoop all the news other agencies in town, and that's what you really want, isn't it?"

After he had said his peace, Jake noticed the growing chant among the gathered crowd. He took a moment to wave to the people, pointed at a few of the attractive young ladies that caught his eye, then glanced back at Bur and winked. "Have your people get in touch with my people."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy just nods as Lionel talks to the officer. "Yup we made way here by foot because we got a call of a ghost and some of us had a bit of a slip in the rain but we made it into the coffee shop and caught the ghost."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Taaz »

Jason listens as the phone rings...The machine, "I wonder if Julia might have popped out to get food" he thought looking at his gut. "Hey its Jason, Calling to let you know we are all buttoned up down here, just doing some mingling. Wanted to check in and see how things were back there." He hangs up the phone, still thinking about food.

He walks over to Roy and Lionel. He heard the end of their statements to the police, and waited until the officer was finished writing.

"Might fine job fellas, I think we are gonna be pretty good team." He grins and looks out at the crowd waving a few more times. ""As soon as Jacob gets a second we should probably head back." he lifts the trap "Put this lil guy to bed, and id say celebrate a job well done. First round is on me!"
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Bluehorse »

The First Call
Cup of Joe
One in the Box!
4:30pm
Aug. 8, 2018
Sunshine, slightly cooler, calm.

Jason makes his rounds with the crowd, working the P.R. part well, giving lots of High Fives but finds they are more of a handshake kind of crowd, even the younger members of spectators. Apparently, this was a place where that still meant something, which would be important to keep in mind. Overall there seemed to be a lot of happy faces, plenty of smiles, and only a few reserved skeptics that seemed more lost in thought than smug.

Roy gets a quick surprise when a younger man ducks the police tape and leans in for a selfie. He then turns around and puts his hand up for a high five of his own followed almost in one motion by a handshake. He then excitedly rejoins his friends to show them the picture.

Lionel and the Cop have a detailed exchange and he seems very satisfied with the information. I'll make sure to get all that on the official record. he said pointing to the go pro on his chest in case he hand not noticed it before. The officer reached into his pocket and held out a card for Lionel. We were made aware by your people who you were and what you would be doing here, so we are all good. The PD just wants to be kept in the loop. You can call me any time if you have any questions or think you need to consult. If the need comes up, we have been ordered to do the same, so this should be a two was street. The main deptarment is right over there... He points more or less down one of the many offshoots of the multi directional intersections, and sure eough you can see the tall fenses and a patrol car leaving the lot possibly no father away than your own home base in the other direction.

The Card Reads:

Saergent Bill Hightail
Badge# npc6
Fort Smith P.D.
479-785-11xx
bhightail@fspd.gov

Not wanting to give out what could be a real number of course ;)

Jacob takes the opportunity to lay into Bur but make him an offer as well. He looks like he would like to shoot back at him but then he leans in with a suspicious look. An exclusive...? You will let us in, cameras and all, no funny business, and we are first?

Jason makes a phone call but doesn't get through. He is able to leave a message though. Certainly, the diligent Julia would contact them back shortly. Once he walks over to Roy and Lionel. He makes a suggestion to head back to the firehouse to get the ghost in the containment grid. Officer Hightail looks at the trap and back to Jason. Is that dangerous? referring to the trap. Before he gets and answer his hand goes up to his radio and he speaks into the shoulder receiver. Hey, Dave... we need to clear these guys a path out through the crowd. Over The radio comes over with another voice. 10-4. Travis, let's split them up through here. The third. 10-4

They were surprisingly efficient and seemed to easily maneuver the crowd, parting them like the red sea but with about half the effort. People seemed to be cooperative and soon one of the officers were holding up the police tape and waving them through.

If anyone looks past the crowd and up to the hill where the Firehouse was located, they would see the figure of Julia, practically on her tiptoes and shading her eyes as she watched from near the front door.

In case you are all wondering, I will not consider a mission closed until the ghost is in the containment unit, so if this feels a little drawn out, that is why. Actions? :)

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 14/20
Jake Matz: 20/21
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 20/20
Roy O'Dowd: 18/20
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Taaz »

Jason follows in step behind Sargent Hightail as the leave through the cordon. Well Sargent, its about as safe as this thing gets." And he lifts the trap up to eye level."The Ghost is neutralized inside a multi dimensional lazer grid, and most people tune out about here. But the entity can't get out unless someone release it. Think a glue trap for a rat. Then long term storage. So metaphysically we're good." He looks at the trap and rotates it so the safety warnings are visible to Sargent Hightail, "But, they ain't toys you know."

The Sargent stopped at the end of the Cordon, he hands the man his card. "You get any particular crazies or weirdness you want us to look at we are happy to help." Walking down he gets across the street and waves at Juila and walks waiting for the others to catch up.

I dig it, you know no job is done until the paperwork is finished.
Last edited by Taaz on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWolfVT

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy agrees and looks a little stunned over his encounter looking like silently saying "what just happened?" then follows the others back to the firehouse.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#87 Post by Zeromancer »

Jacob smirked at the reporter's sudden reversal in attitude. He had successfully found the man's trigger. Bur was out to make a name for himself. Perhaps their relationship could be mutually beneficial.

"Sure, but naturally there will be a few conditions. Gotta protect any proprietary industry secrets, you understand." he said with a twinkle in his eye.

Jake again took a moment to wave to a few of the nearby fans, then added, "Oh, and if a call comes in, the exposé gets put on hold. Our client comes first." He extended his hand for Bur to shake to informally seal their deal.

He then rounded toward the largest cluster of spectators. "Remember folks, the Ghostbusters are for hire. We're ready to believe you, even when no one else will!" he said loudly as he moved off behind the others, back in the direction of the Firehouse.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Bluehorse »

Bluehorse wrote:The First Call
Cup of Joe
One in the Box!
4:32pm
Aug. 8, 2018

Officer Hightail seems satisfied with that answer and nods. Do your thing. I'd like to come to have a look for myself some time if it is all the same. Thanks for the card. with that he goes back to helping with gathering information for the report.

Jake makes some progress it seems with the reporter, the older man gives him the good ol boy stare and leans in again. If you get a call... we come along... Still... Bur puts his hand up for a shake on it.

As the rest of the crew was walking back to the Firehouse, the cheers hit their pique as well as began to quickly fade as the police politely but firmly began dispersing the crowd and tried to get traffic flowing through the busy intersection again. As they looked up towards Julia, still standing in the sidewalk in front of the green firehouse, she would wave her hands up in the air to get their attention and point to her cellphone. Once it seemed she was sure she had someone's attention she immediately dialed and all the phones rang at once. It would show up Julia Dunst - Cell.

no obligation to pick up here of course but once one of you does the rest will go silent with an option to join the conference call.

Actions? :)

Brownie Point Pool
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Taaz »

When Jason sees the phone go off in his hand he slows down, looks at the other busters, "Uh did we get a receipt?" He looks back and forth, and stops on Jacob "You wanna take this one?"
GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Receipt are you kidding? What we gotta carry a receipt book along with all this equipment now?" he says a bit snarky.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by Zeromancer »

Jacob nodded at Jason and grabbed his phone from one of the rear pockets in his jumpsuit. He pressed accept and raised the device to his ear.

"You've reached Jacob Matz of the Ghostbusters. Your call is very important to us and will be answered in the order in which it was received." he said, trying to hold a straight face. He then began to hum a random on hold tune and looked up to observe Julia's reaction, if any.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#92 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Before he can answer his phone, the strains of Boomer Sooner end abruptly. Hearing Jacob pretend to be voice mail earns his fellow Ghostbuster a curious look.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Bluehorse »

The First Call
Cup of Joe
One in the Box!
4:33pm
Aug. 8, 2018

As the team begins their victory walk, there is a very tangible feel of contrast to their mad dash moments before. Before, running and in some cases falling. Now, walking casually with heads held high and a full trap. Before, pouring rain and thunder, trekking through a flooded street. Now, sunshine and most of the water already draining off through the drainage systems. Before, greeted to sounds of panic and crashing glass, and passive-aggressive media. Now, leaving to cheers and the local media outlet at least temporarily satiated.

Julia can be seen putting a fist in her hip adopting an unamused stance as Jacob gives his voicemail impression. Ha. ha. Very funny. Did you know that you guys are all over social media right now? HashTag Old Fort Ghostbusters is treading and even though Bur is off air as far as audio, they are still broadcasting and interviewing over the phone. The other two stations are there too.
Looks like the ribbon cutting is going to be ceremony only. You guys put us on the map, big time.

Brownie Point Pool
Last edited by Bluehorse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Taaz »

As Jacob starts into his routine on the phone Jason picks up his extension and stifles a laugh. "Wow that sounds pretty awesome." He starts walking back down the block slowly but building to his stride. "We still have a couple of things left before we file this one as done. We need to get it in the containment unit, make sure the paperwork is done to a tee, don't wanna go from hero to zeros by not making sure those kids get paid and reopen. Oh and we should get with the local police station, invite Sgt. Hightail to come down and get to know us and the operation"
He pauses at an intersection and listens to the confrere call.
GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy looks at the trap and looks concerned "Lets talk about our over night fame after we get that ghost in the containment unit yeah?"

Scott308

#96 Post by Scott308 »

I agree. Don't want to fumble at the goal line. Gotta make sure we get that thing contained before something happens. We've all seen the training videos and took the classes. We don't want another Minneapolis situation.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by Zeromancer »

Jacob grinned in Julia's direction as he continued down the street. He too glanced at the trap and began to wonder how long it could hold an entity before the internal power supply failed. He suspected that the time frame was significant, but obviously not indefinite. Jason probably knew.

"Listen, that reminds me, Julia. Bur's going to be coming around for tea and biscuits one of these days. Expect a call from someone from Channel 3 News soon." Jake said, casually.
Last edited by Zeromancer on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by Taaz »

By now they were closing in on the HQ and would be back inside shortly. "Anyone want to help with this? He nods at the trap. "I'm more than happy to get it solo tho, just didnt want to miss an opportunity for a refresher on grid neutronization. He grins twords HQ while talking shop.
Scott308

#99 Post by Scott308 »

I think it would be a good idea if all of us take part- even if most just watch. I know I'd feel much more comfortable getting a chance to walk through the process with a live, uh, dead- you know what I mean- ghost, instead of a simulator. Never know what the circumstances will be next time, and I'd hate to have to take care of it myself with out having a chance to see it first if things get chaotic next time.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Bluehorse »

The First Call
Cup of Joe
One in the Box!
4:40pm
Aug. 8, 2018
Sunshine, slightly cooler but getting steamy.

The team stands before the firehouse again and Julia hangs up the phone waving them in. There is a little more traffic on this part of the road since it isn't being redirected anymore. People occasionally call out through open windows. Ghostbusters! and wave, but most everyone slows down to rubberneck a little at the quartet as they gather at the front door.

Julia hangs up the phone and greets them all. Social Media is blowing up! Besides the usual stuff, people are already sharing some of the videos of you on Tobinsbook and Screecher! One of the clips has already been uploaded to GhoulTube. All the local stations are playing footage or interviewing witnesses. You're the talk of the town. She then coughs and fans her face looking at the Trap. Oh god! That smells horrible! Is it always like that?! She takes a half step back into the firehouse. That doesn't have to come inside does it?

Brownie Point Pool

Return to “Mission Archive”