5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

#81 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon will turn and run to stay out of melee.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by ybn1197 »

Save vs. Paralyzation [1d20] = 1 vs. 11

Save vs. Paralyzation [1d20] = 4 vs. 11

Save vs. Paralyzation [1d20] = 3 vs. 11

The dice roller has had no love for me lately. I think in the last 10 rolls I've gotten a result higher than a 10 once.
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Ack! Tella backs up out of melee range and preps to fire off a spell.

OCC: Ya, no love from them dice!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#84 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble stops when he gets nearly caught up to the party seeing Tella halt and begins spell casting. i need to change my 3rd level spell thought i was going to need to remove a curse from Cormack and never changed it after we finished that nasty business. Thinking Remove Paralysis might be of use..... :shock: Glimble takes aim at the tentacles with his weapon taking care not to hit his friends or Ganon :twisted: Arquebus For Hit:[1d20] = 12 Thaco=20 All Dmg:[1d10] = 7
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by Darkmane »

Round 1 - Bugs

In the first instants of battle both Thorax and Cormack are paralysed by the bug creatures. The bugs that are on them begin trying to bite through their platemail to get at the defenceless dwarves, but all you hear so far is the screech of their beaks on steel, no blood is drawn (thank the gods for good dwarf steel boys!)

Ganon sees another bug come at him from the ceiling, makes the call in an instant, turning tail and running! Tella begins slowly backing up, conjuring forth the energies for a spell, but she doesn't move quick enough. The bug whips tentacles forward at her, but then a resounding BOOOM! echoes through the halls, and the bug in front of her explodes with a spray of gore and green bug juice, some of which ends up on the pretty elf maids shoes and clothes! The bug seems down and out, and Tella will have enough time to slip any spell with casting time of 1 or 2 into round 1!

*Summary Round 1 - there are now 4 bugs total left: 1 each on Thorax and Cormack, 1 heading straight at Glimble (it was chasing Ganon), and 1 that was coming around the dwarves, and sniffing the air with its feelers, it hasn't picked a target yet.

Yeah, that dice roller can be cruel. It gave me a ton of hits yesterday on you guys despite awesome AC's, maybe it likes DM's? I miss having physical dice that I can yell at, and shame if necessary :)
GreyWolfVT

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble trying to act fast slings his boom stick, and takes out his mace. Footman's Mace Hit[1d20] = 7 Thac0=18 Damage[1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
:(
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by ylinett »

Thorax twitches in impotent rage.
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon will drop his torch and place Glimble lantern on the ground so he can pull out his short bow and ready a couple of arrow for the next round.
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Uck! She will mutter as the guts splatter on her. Seeing the critter move at Glimble and knowing a more powerful spell would engulf her comrades she casts magic missile targeting the one moving forward.

Magic missile at the bug: [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4[1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Damage = 8
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by ybn1197 »

I prefer physical dice so that I can whip the bad ones against the wall and knock some sense back into them. ;-)
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by ylinett »

Thorax white hot rage building strains to regain control of his body. Every fiber of his being fighting to will the axe to chop and hew the foul bugs. Silently be begins to pray "Father, lord of Battle and War, grant me know the freedom to visit terrible reprisal on these your enemies. Let me crush them beneath my boots and splatter there guts across the walls. May their broken and shattered bodies be as a sign to all who behold the awesome power of your will. Further I beseech you, send foes of worth and consequence to face us. Let us be tested and prove unto you the eagerness in our hearts and the value of your teachings."
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by Darkmane »

Guys, the whole family came down with a stomach virus, sad times.... I'll try to post tomorrow assuming I'm no long running to the bathroom every 5 minutes :)
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: Hate to hear that! :cry: Get better!
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by ylinett »

Several of us got it too in VA.
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Darkmane »

End Round 1

Scrambling backwards Tella recites a quick incantation and missiles of pure magical force fling forth burying them selves into the crawler that was coming for Glimble. The missiles stab into the bug then disappear, but the blood they leave behind is all too real. The tentacles drop first, just inches from Glimbles readied flail, and then the bug starts a death twitch and dies.

Round 2

Ganon turns from his hard run, sliding and gliding, dropping his lantern and torch gently to the ground. In a slick move he readies his bow *I'll let you take a single shot for this round since you didn't need a full move for round 1*

Glimble steps forward and smacks the bug in the face with his flail damaging a few of its tentacles, the remaining tentacles whip forth at him, but only one of them gets through his clothes and armor. He feels the potent drain begin immediately! *Roll a saving throw vs. paralyazation*

In the front of the group you see the paralyzed dwarves continued to be bit at by the bugs. Cormack takes 2 damage as the beak of that bug is starting to get through the armor and rake at his skin!

*Tella you may act for this round*
GreyWolfVT

#96 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mace not flail. ;)
Save: [1d20] = 11
Passed. Death, Paralysis, Poison: 9

Glimble readies his mace for yet another attack on the bugs doesn't matter whatever is left on or near the dwarves.
Footman's Mace Hit[1d20] = 11 Thac0=18 Damage[1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella fires off another pair of magic missiles at whichever "bug" Glimble is not engaging.

More missiles [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4[1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2

Damage = 6
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon lets loose an arrow at the bug that was chasing him which is now on Glimble.

Short Bow [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8, Damage [1d8] = 5
Thac0 18
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Darkmane »

End of Round 2

Whirling back and dropping the light sources, Ganon takes aim and fires an arrow into the crowd, it narrowly misses everything hitting neither friend or foe.

Tella punches through the darkness with more magic missiles, severely wounding the bug on Thoarx and it falls off the dwarf, rolling slickly on the ground and then gathering itself to charge forth at her and Ganon.

OK - summary of enemies after round 2:

Unwounded bug on Cormack, still trying to get a dwarvy snack
Wounded bug on Glimble (he already rolled a round 3 attack)
Wounded bug charging toward Tella and Ganon

I need actions for Tella and Ganon and then I'll resolve all of round 3 at the same time ;)
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella fires off two more missiles, this time with split targets. One toward the wounded bug charging herself and Ganon, the toward the wounded bug on Glimble.

Two more missiles bug1:[1d4+1] = 1+1 = 2 bug2:[1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

OCC: That's all for magic missiles...

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”