Revenge On The Sun Priest

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Revenge On The Sun Priest

#81 Post by OGRE MAGE »

redwarrior wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:38 pm How engulfed is the building? If it's not fully ablaze, and he knows she's alive, Cormag would risk running in & tackling Tuurma to haul her out.
There isn’t a lot of wood used in these mud brick structures, so it’s no huge blaze. But there are definitely a few areas currently on fire. (beams, doors, frames, etc.)

However, inside the darkness remains, so he can’t actually see Tuurma.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#82 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Exactly!

Thank you!

No need to edit your post. Since it couldn’t have happened, I will simply delete it.

Murdering Priests For Goodness Sake
Hotter Mess

As Cormag yells outside the house, spinning his tall tales, the group of onlookers grows, as does the group of Xambaala’s guards. Though the building is not necessarily ablaze, thanks to the townies throwing water, black smoke continues to pour from the windows and door, adding to the confusion of the magical darkness that fills the interior.

The ghastly sound of bestial growling from inside the darkness is overshadowed by the horrible sounds of a sword stabbing and chopping into flesh over and over and over.

A spiffy patrol captain dressed in a uniform of silver and black starts shouting out orders to his men, seemingly ignoring both Cormag and Priscilla for the moment. “Two of you get inside there! Use your light sticks to see if they will dispel that darkness! You! And you!”

Then he moves to Cormag, still shaking off the effects of his numb limbs. “What was that? Are you connected to this incident in some way? You think your friend might be in there? Do you know how this fire was started? Do you know what is making that noise in there?”

Actions?

Cormag (F2) FA:2 AC:4 19/19
Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 20/22
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag coughs and spits up some sooty phlegm My companion Tuurma and I were passing by when we heard a voice calling out for aid within the house, I thought I caught a glimpse of a priest's robes, but I can't be sure. We rushed in to give aid, Turrma in the lead. As I entered the house, I guess someone must have stuck me. The next I knew, I was being hauled into the street! I fear whomever attacked me must have roused her battle fury, else, the smoke would have driven her out of the blaze by now, if not the heat!! I think that is the noise we hear, what caused the blaze, I cannot say! Warn your men to stay back of her! She cannot tell friend from foe when the rage takes her! Let me try to lead her out! So saying, he'll start calling for her again.

Ignore the illogic of offering to interact with her right after saying she won't discriminate between friend and foe! I don't need a reputation for being smart! :D

Cormag will try to position himself near the door, hoping to overbear her should she come out swinging
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by subaltari »

Tuurma the Ashen

Heard from within the smoking, steaming, darkened house...

Aaarrww
Thud. Snarl TUNCH chopchopchop Sneer...
snort snort chopchop Thud

(louder) Aarroooo!

redwarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:22 am I don't need a reputation for being smart! :D
Great job so far Cormag, keep it up :D
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
Spearmint's Barrowmaze (1e): Elbart, 1st level human 'riverman'
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by redwarrior »

subaltari wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:56 pm
redwarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:22 am I don't need a reputation for being smart! :D
Great job so far Cormag, keep it up :D
:D
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#86 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hot Hot Hot Mess

Tuurma continues to chop and slash at the dead priest, mutilating his corpse in true berserker fashion. Then a pair of men enter the darkness with swords drawn, holding small rods that glow through the magical darkness. The look of shock on their faces is obvious, even to the enraged woman, though she can do nothing to stop herself in her violently uncontrollable state of mind. Seeing that the fire is only burning any exposed wood and not in danger of bringing the whole place down, the guards scream at Tuurma to stop what she is doing. Unfortunately......... she just cant prevent herself from attacking them.

After a lengthy explanation from Cormag, the Captain of the guard seems even more confused than when he asked in the first place. Revealing a concerned expression for his men inside. "What are you saying? And if she is unable to act of her own accord, why do you call out to her?" The man rushes to the doorway to get a glimpse of what his men found inside.

Actions?

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 20/22
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#87 Post by subaltari »

Well, they can't say nobody warned them. :roll:

Please note Tuurma has 8 temp hit points. She might need them.
Since a few rounds have passed, does her attack routine reset, i.e 2 this round and 3 the next?

I'm not clear whether we're using Critical Misses or not, but if we are, she hit herself for normal damage of 10 hp.

Eager to slake her battle-lust on living targets, Tuurma engages the newcomers. "ArraAHH!" Hacking deeply at the first man, she stumbles on her follow-through and slashes into the leather girdle covering her legs.
Hvalreki's Repo Men (CT): Gabe Garcia, 7A8772 age 22 (1 term Marines); Autorifle-1, Cutlass-2, Tactics-1, Vacc-1.
OM's Wandering Windswept Wastelands (Hyperborea 3e): Magda thugatêr Erebos, 2nd level Ixian Witch
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag follows the Captain of the guard Oh... Yeh... I guess that doesn't make much sense! I just don't want her harmed, or to harm anyone else in her battle frenzy!

Again, if Cormag can get a line of sight, he'll attempt to get in position & do an overbearing action. Not really sure how the "light rods" work, he's not groping for a berserker in the pitch black!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#89 Post by OGRE MAGE »

We aren't using the Crit Hit/Miss tables as written, since I do have a system I input in certain situations, like this one. (and since I dig the way you presented all that.....) :twisted:

You can assume this is the initial combat round again, as you did. Thanks!

Their light rods appear to be wooden dowels with a magical Light spell cast on them. They seem to cut through the present magical darkness, illuminating most of the room.

Hot Hot Hot Mess

Tuurma, unable to control herself, (or even semi control :lol: anyone remember that one?) rushes at the oncoming guards with her sword. She strikes the first man who seemed a bit caught off guard by her sudden attack. He falls to the floor bleeding profusely and no longer moving, while the other man makes a futile strike against her heavy armor. When she tries to disembowel him next, she trips over the fallen man and cuts herself badly with her dangerous sword, intensifying her Rage even further. 10 dam (+8=2dam)

Standing in the doorway, watching the attacks progress and spotting the mutilated priest, the Captain suddenly shouts out frantically, signaling for the other guards outside to follow him. "HEY! DROP THAT SWORD AND SURRENDER!!! NOW!!!" Despite Cormags clear warnings, he is the next one to foolishly charge into battle with the crazed woman, trying to protect the men he commands.

Cormag also watches this play out from the doorway, about to be shoved aside by a number of other guards ready to charge into the smokey building. Luckily, the open window shutters are doing a good job of venting the acrid smoke, preventing it from filling the room completely. A few common folks start to gather by the doorway with pails of water at the ready to extinguish the smoldering wood once the threat is under control.

Actions?

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 18/22 Rage Duration:11
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by subaltari »

If the captain has a light stick and is in range, as Tuurma can still make simple tactical choices while raging, she'll shift the attack to him as the more obvious threat.
This her 3 attack round!

Tuurma the Ashen

I think that's ×2 dmg btb, :?: So 22 hp Per Table 144, ×3 dmg = 33 hp from the third strike.
Last edited by subaltari on Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag isn't liking this at all Let's get OUT of the BURNING BUILDING! he shouts, as he nonetheless moves in and attempts to get behind Tuurma to encourage her movement in the direction of the door. He winces as he sees the mighty blow at the watch captain strike home!

Push Action [1d20+1]=8+1=9 To no avail!
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by subaltari »

redwarrior wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:58 pmPush Action [1d20+1]=8+1=9 To no avail!
Cormag had best be careful, having no light stick of his own, lest he be mistaken for another enemy... :o
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once again, we aren't using the Crit Hit/Miss tables as written, since I do have a system I input in certain situations.

Hot Hot Hot Mess

The Captain and Cormag both rush into the smouldering room, despite the obvious chaos going on inside. With the room well lit now, Tuurma sees the bigger threat enter, causing her to turn attentions to him and ignore the second guard she was fighting, unconcerned about the easy attack he will have on her. She is slashed by the frightened guard 5 dam, just as the attack from the captain fails to injure her further.

In her frenzy, she attacks the captain until he too is a bloody mess on the floor, similar to the priest she killed earlier, but with a few less visible wounds.

Splattered badly with the captain's life blood, Cormag bravely tries to get behind the enraged woman, hoping to get her out of there, but to little avail. He sees Tuurma frothing at the mouth like a mad dog, growling and grunting as she raises her blade to chop into the next meat sack in her way.

Outside the house, the number of innocent bystanders continues to grow. A few folks toss water inside the door and windows at the smouldering wooden beams, preventing the fire from spreading any worse. Two more guards peer into the door to see their captain violently murdered, immediately altering their decision to charge in after her. The three combatants still inside the house hear the next orders shouted by the growing number of remaining guards. "YOU PEOPLE STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THAT DOOR!!! MEN, FIND SOMETHING TO PROP AGAINST IT!!! WE NEED TO PREVENT THAT FREAK FROM GETTING OUT AT ANY COST!!!"

The unpleasant expression on the face of the last guard inside the house is blatantly obvious.

Actions?

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 13/22 Rage Duration:10
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag again attempts to shove Tuurma out the door.
Push Action [1d20+1]=11+1=12
Cormag's primary intention is "towards the door". If he can line himself up to get a rear or flanking bonus, great, if not he'll just attempt to push
Push distance [1d6+4]=1+4=5

Eeep. Remind me, are there any windows at all on the first floor, I don't think so, but want to check before I attempt to ram to door with Tuurma swinging at me next round.... and the stairway is exterior.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#95 Post by OGRE MAGE »

There are 2 open windows on this floor that smoke is escaping through. It will be a challenge to "push" someone through one of those however.

I am guessing you accepted this already, but pushing against a raging Berserker makes you an enemy as well.

I will allow sub to roll randomly as to who Tuurma attacks from now on (if he wants), since she would consider both of you as enemies now.

If she only prefers to attack Cormag, I would be okay with that too.
:lol:

(yes, the stairs are located outside)
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by redwarrior »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:09 pm There are 2 open windows on this floor that smoke is escaping through. It will be a challenge to "push" someone through one of those however.

I am guessing you accepted this already, but pushing against a raging Berserker makes you an enemy as well.

I will allow sub to roll randomly as to who Tuurma attacks from now on (if he wants), since she would consider both of you as enemies now.

If she only prefers to attack Cormag, I would be okay with that too.

(yes, the stairs are located outside)
Yup question about the window is in case I need to escape from a Berserker.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#97 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oh, I gotcha. :mrgreen:
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#98 Post by subaltari »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Two more guards peer into the door to see their captain violently murdered, immediately altering their decision to charge in after her.
Technically it wasn't murder, but the rest of this made me smile. You know what they say about a trapped animal...

Whilst the last hapless Xambaala guard in the hut begins to rethink his career choice, Tuurma deals with him first. If he doesn't fall from her first blow she chops him down. If he dies immediately, she then whirls about to address her second blow to her well-meaning (former) comrade.

The half-blood Amazon's freakish howls and growls sound much like those of a wolf from the frigid mountains or steppes of central Hyperborea.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#99 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Semantics. :D

Hot Hot Hot Mess

Eyeing the (large enough) open windows in case he needs to make a quick dive outside to safety, Cormag tries to push his raging associate towards the door, hoping to prevent her from killing anymore town guards. Though he is able to move her slightly, her reaction to being pushed around is about what one might expect from a heavily armed raging lunatic.

Her lust for blood and revenge remaining unsatisfied, Tuurma continues to howl and slash, ignoring the pushing from Cormag to swing away violently at the final Xambaala guard in the house. Her armor once again absorbs the attack from the clearly frightened guard. With two return blows from her mighty sword, the man falls to the floor in a pool of his own blood, gasping out his final breath.

When the only door to this floor is suddenly slammed from the outside and braced with whatever can be found, Cormag suddenly realizes that he is the only remaining target in the room with a raging Berserker who appears to have a lot of energy left for destruction. Those open windows are looking better and better to the concerned Kelt.

Actions?

Oh, is this the 3 attack round? :? :twisted:

Tuurma (B2) FA:2 AC:4 13/22 Rage Duration:9
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag thinks back to his last banter with Mooreen, with a sinking feeling that it was his last banter with her. He looks at his battle companion, her face contorted with rage, the blocked door, the giant sword in her hands, the window that might be just large enough, and the giant sword in her hands...seeing the light glint off it, he has a desperate thought.
Defending himself as best as he can with his shield, he lunges for the light sticks and attempts to shove them into their holsters, if that doesn't douse the light, he will attempt to toss them out the window.

initiative [1d6]=2Well.... that wasn't ideal...
In case it's needed...
Dex 3:6 [1d6]=6 and that was less so, wish the roller had reversed those!

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”