Blackened Forest: Surveys & Survivors.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Blackened Forest: Surveys & Survivors.

#81 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

Durgo attempts to push the boulder onto the creature. Durgo's not sure how this will go... :oops:

[1d20]=1

[3d6]=8
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by kwll »

Still a little intimidated by his companions and the whole situation, Genaromes does what the others do and tries to roll a boulder down.

[1d20]=19

[3d6]=6
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#83 Post by DrRenfield »

Brother Symeon

Symeon mutters a prayer to St Ygg and starts a boulder rolling toward the ettin.

[1d20]=1 [3d6]=10

uh oh...
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Spearmint »

Chalk Cliff Ettin

With sneaky advantage, the group peering over the edge of the lip of the Chalk Cliff, ready boulders to hurl down as deathly hail upon the unsuspecting ogrish Ettin as it emerges from the cave to hunt in the forest.

Cara Crow taking the place of a severed head to stakeout the entrance, waves her bow to signal, adding gestures to go 'a little more to the right, to the left, drop'.

well, that was a workable plan ... with four solid hits surely crushing the giant kin and caving both of its fearsome, fang toothed heads in ...

Instead, ill timed and inaccurate boulders clatter off the cliff and rain down to shatter upon impact by the Ettin's large and hairy barefeet. Save one which clouts a noggin, -6hp for some minor bruising. It is a crushing blow for the party's ambitions and the ranger herself seems to suffer from the same nerves, twanging a volley of shafts against the rock wall.

The beast is surprised by the sudden attacks, picking up the boulder that bashed him to throw it up at the group looking down upon him. It lands in the grasses between you, creating a deep furrow in the ground rather than cracking open a skull. Swinging at the ranger also swipes thin air and she takes the opportunity to retreat into the forest.

next actions please

Cara Crow [1d20]=5[1d6]=1 [1d20]=2[1d6]=4

Romulus & Remus Ettin attacks: [1d20]=6[2d8]=5[1d20]=1[2d8]=11
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Cwreando »

Drugo

Durgo will fire 2 arrows at the beast (Range 0-60) if longer roll is 1d20-1.

Durgo says, "Get em folks it's just one beastie we got this."

[url=https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php ... acid=19391]Strength longbow [1d20+1]=20+1=21, dmg sml [2d4+3]=4+3=7 Range 0-60 yards
This would be 11+7 for 18 damage from the first arrow.

[url=https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php ... acid=19391]Strength longbow [1d20+1]=19+1=20, dmg sml [2d4+3]=2+3=5 Range 0-60 yards
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by Cwreando »

Drugo

Grin....OOC---The dice are extreme....Nat 1 on boulder and Nat 20 on arrow then 19. hhhhhmmmmm.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
I hope you are right, but I have a bad feeling about this...
x-bow [1d20+3]=6+3=9, damage [2d4]=5
Yup, figured that.
Not sure what my range is here, but it didn't matter.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Spearmint »

the Ettin is about sixty feet below you. It has a choice; to run after Cara Crow, to climb up the Chalk Cliff or to run the hundred yards to the end if the escarpment, up the scree slope and then a hundred yards to where you are.

The two heads argue which is the best action, which I will randomly determine, though it favours climbing directly up as the quickest route to combat you. Or throw a boulder or two back ...
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#89 Post by DrRenfield »

Brother Symeon

Symeon, lacking a ranged weapon, will ready his shield and morning star and shout abuse at the Ettin in the hopes of discouraging it from pursuing Crow or hurling boulders.

You fools and sluggards had best continue cowering at the cliff's foot, for if you ascend I will thrash you like the great, malingering children you are. Better for you to listen to the counsel of the cowardly head and turn away.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Gives Brother Simeon a grin. Hope Cara shoots him the the back if he starts climbing.
(only so his friends can hear) If he goes to throw a boulder, duck behind the edge of the cliff. If he starts climbing, we drop some boulders on his head.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Spearmint »

If he starts climbing, we drop some boulders on his head.
There is only one boulder nearby, the one the Ettin threw back that landed in your midst. If Bro Symeon wants to hurl it as well as abuse, otherwise I will have Squirrel try to roll it over the edge.
kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by kwll »

Still not used to physical conflict like his companions are, Genaromes doesn't find a better idea than to use the defensive spell he learned back in his isle in the form of a magic missile...

[1d4+1]=4+1=5
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#93 Post by DrRenfield »

Brother Symeon

(quietly) Squirrel, lad, help me with this boulder. When the beasts get halfway up, we throw.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

Durgo will fire two more arrows when he can.

[url=https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php ... acid=19391]Strength longbow [1d20+1]=9+1=10, dmg sml [2d4+3]=5+3=8 Range 0-60 yards

[url=https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php ... acid=19391]Strength longbow [1d20+1]=8+1=9, dmg sml [2d4+3]=4+3=7 Range 0-60 yards

OOC - Seems I've jinxed my dice...LOL....Well at least we've seen low end, high end and now middle ground rolls...If I'm lucky they'll be considered prone when climbing and I might get a boost to the roll. :lol:

"All right folks time to really let them have it. Do your best and put a hurt'in on it."
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Spearmint »

Chalk Cliff Ettin

Symeon & Squirrel roll boulder [1d20]=13 [2d6]=6

There are threats and insults hurled down and upwards as cleric and Ettin trade taunts before Bro Symeon & Squirrel add a bit of weight to their comments by rolling the boulder over the Chalk Cliff in hope of denting the second head.

Despite climbing up and penalised with losing sime dexterity, the Ettin dodges the boulder. He cannot do much about the next missiles, the unerring arcane magic striking him for -5hp and Durgo finally putting his investment into muscles and strongbows to good effect. -18hp & -5hp.

I will use Durgo's second post to cover for Cara Crow's archery.

Critical arrow strikes Romulus or Remus? [1d2]=1

The critical arrow strike at almost point blank range as the Ettin climbs up the Chalk Cliff. Taking the shaft through one eye as it looks up in anger at the duo of bowmen. Right-side head sneers at Durgo, sweeping his giant spiked club to thrash the warrior with a crushing blow, -14hp, the other head, 'leftie', hacks at the dwarf who dodges using his racial skill to drop and roll out of the giant's reach.

Romulus & Remus Ettin attacks: [1d20]=12[2d8]=14[1d20]=3[2d8]=7

Romulus head -2 due to eye injury. Still hits, Remus head, -4 vs dwarves, misses.

The giant, taking a short cut to scramble up the cliff is upon you, seeking heads and vengeance!

actions please
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Spearmint »

Health Status:

Ettin: -34hp, blind in one eye, (-2 to hit Romulus)

Durgo: 5/19hp
Fydmar: 16/16hp
Bro Symeon: 8/10hp
Genaromes: 4/4hp

Cara Crow: 15/15hp
Squirrel: 4/4hp

can I just get you guys to confirm the above hp score is correct as there is some difference with current sheets.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Wouldn't I have been able to get a X-bow shot at him while he was climbing? If so...x-bow [1d20+3]=12+3=15, damage [2d4]=6
Melee
attack w/axe [1d20+1]=19+1=20, and sword [1d20-2]=2-2=0
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#98 Post by DrRenfield »

Brother Symeon

Symeon casts cure light wounds on Durgo
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=5

"and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them."

OOC Shouldn't I be at 10/10? I didn't think I had taken damage yet this expedition.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Spearmint »

OOC Shouldn't I be at 10/10? I didn't think I had taken damage yet this expedition.
you were bit by two little Orb Weavers here.
Interior:
Genaromes splatters the body of a hatchling spider, squirting globules of blood and guts under his staff. Brother Symeon brings divine retribution on another, Squirrel stabs at a third. Durgo you are inside the building not outside tries to wrangle some but these critters are too small to be grappled unless you get lucky to pluck one by the legs.

A number of critters try to scurry up each of the characters legs, nipping and biting at exposed flesh. While most can brush them off, the cleric is overwhelmed by the critters who clamber up his leg or over the pole shaft, each biting at an ear, finger or neck. -2hp He winces under the painful pricks as they begin to suck blood from him, sating their appetites.
Fydmar
Wouldn't I have been able to get a X-bow shot at him while he was climbing? If so...
Yes, the one posted at #87.
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#100 Post by DrRenfield »

Ah, apologies. Sheet is updated.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”