where are the children

wolfpack
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: where are the children

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn looks defeated.... "Well this is certainly not good. Now I really am at a loss as to how i can track down that other missing girl if she isn't already in the same state i found her sister in. That poor family. There has to be something I or we can do."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by wolfpack »

I can send my eyes and ears to maybe fond the trolls or the big bears. Have you tried to speak to any of the animals? I know you can call upon Mielikki for that ability.
Last edited by wolfpack on Wed May 06, 2020 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
GreyWolfVT

#63 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn "I hadn't seen any animals in the areas I'd been in other than Sarge and Spitfire who was with me." also was under the impression clerics pray for their spells for the day and I didnt think i would need that one so didn't take it
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Sylhorn "I hadn't seen any animals in the areas I'd been in other than Sarge and Spitfire who was with me." also was under the impression clerics pray for their spells for the day and I didnt think i would need that one so didn't take it

yes by the day so you could clear a slot and get it the next morning

you are welcome to stay the night here and ponder on it besides the bords and squirrels see much and are not always seen. they are absent mided sometimes however
GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn chuckles "Oh I am aware of the conversations squirrels can have. I know a guy that has one as his animal companion named percival. Very well I think I will take you up on the stay who knows what we will bear witness to in the night. If as you mentioned with the trolls and what not we might have some strange things try to enter your very grove."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by wolfpack »

you have a dinner of vegetables and roast nuts. the night passes uneventful (pick your spells)

what do you want to do the next day
GreyWolfVT

#67 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I changed up some spells on my sheet.
Level 1
Cure Light Wounds
Light
Protection From Evil
Sanctuary
Level 2
Find Traps
Speak With Animals

Sylhorn thanks the druid and gathers his dog and horse and heads back to the last place he was searching past Brads in the woods and will look for any animals to try and talk with.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by wolfpack »

After you search come back here, i will speak with the animals in the area and see if I can find any information.

you return to the spot of the body, you and sarge sniffing around. sarge stops at one tree and starts barking.
GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn looks to see what Sarge is barking at and hopes it is an animal. Prior to that he promises to come back and see the druid and what he has learned from the animals in his grove. "What is it Sarge?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by wolfpack »

looking up in a tree you see two chip monks one poking his head form a hole, the other standing outside the hole on a branch looking down at you
GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn casts speak with animals and attempts to communicate to the chipmunks "Hello there. Might I speak with you a moment friends of the forest?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by wolfpack »

as you start casting they start chattering

as your spell takes affect you hear

shut up stupid dog, you loud and your ugly, and your human smells like butt

once you say something they understand the both stop

what..what.. what.. did you understand that stupid human

one say to the other
GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn gives Sarge the signal to be quiet "Yes I did but I do not take offense. Sorry for the noise. I was hoping me a friend of the druid, that I might ask you some questions. I'm out here trying to search for a missing human girl she was taken. I found her sister and I was hoping maybe you saw what was out here that did such terrible things to the dead girl I found. Tell me did either of you see anything?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by wolfpack »

as soon as you mention the druid one of them says

he's a bastard he keeps all the best nuts for himself.

when you mention the dead girl both get quiet and you see them tense up. the one that was poking his head out pulls it back in.

that. that was horrible...i don't care for you humans but that...it was the worst thing i ever saw.
GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn bows his head in memory of the girl then raises it again to continue the conversation "Yes, it was terrible. I will talk to the druid about sharing the nuts. Also I'm not fully human I am part elf. Never mind that though. Can you tell me what it was you saw? I am hoping to put an end to that evil that is fouling these woods. You don't need tell me all that you saw but whatever you can will be of great help. Really if you can at the very least describe the creature that did that to the little girl, and where it went after that is all I really am looking to find out."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by wolfpack »

the chipmunk shutters

it...it was awful. I was eating a acorn and at first it looked like a human carried a small human down by the water. then it just changed. it wasn't a big humna anymore, it was.......something else.

it grew big and was black and had scales. its hands had sharp claws, and its feet to. then it....it had these sharp teeth and it started to eat the little human. then it just kept tearing and eating.

the second chipmunk sticks its head out

and it had wings, like a bat and it just flew away
GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn open mouthed is astonished at the story once he has his wits again "A Dragon maybe? Or have you see a dragon before?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by wolfpack »

no no no giant lizard.

it stood on 2 legs, 2 arms like a man would
GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn sigh of relief "Ok well that I am not sure of but at least it was not a dragon. Is there anything else you can tell me? I'll come back with some of the good nuts from the druid for you as payment for the information." he offers as a peace offering for how the conversation started.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by wolfpack »

when it changed from looking human to the other it smelled.....funny

like nothing i had ever smelled before, like fire, and smoke, and eggs that had gone bad.

Return to “Wolfpack's Solo Game (1e)”