and so it begins.....

wolfpack
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: and so it begins.....

#581 Post by wolfpack »

only that he had a place outside of town, he called it his homebase. and that he wasn't alone there
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#582 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin paces for a moment in thought "He never took you there so I don't suppose you have a remote idea where that place was located? Very well pending that any of the others in the room back there do you know if he ever mentioned any of them or ever tutored any of them?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by wolfpack »

no one back there. I was the only one in that room that he talked to in any regular manner.
GreyWolfVT

#584 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin looks to the high priest as if for confirmation that this is the truth.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#585 Post by wolfpack »

he speaks true
GreyWolfVT

#586 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin nods then "Alright well I cannot think of what more to ask, other than now what do we do with Darrin? Then again I might have one last question though I suspect I know the answer." turning back to Darrin one last time "I know you are sick of my questions Darrin but do you know how Cillian was leaving the temple at night? I know it has something to do with arches and portals but did he ever show you or tell you how he used them?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Sarin nods then "Alright well I cannot think of what more to ask, other than now what do we do with Darrin? Then again I might have one last question though I suspect I know the answer." turning back to Darrin one last time "I know you are sick of my questions Darrin but do you know how Cillian was leaving the temple at night? I know it has something to do with arches and portals but did he ever show you or tell you how he used them?"

No he never told me how he left
GreyWolfVT

#588 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin "Alright I won't ask you anything else. Thank you."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#589 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"Felix, could you please take Darrin back to the room."

Once Darrin is gone she turns to the High Priest. "I don't think Darrin necessarily is part of the cult but he knew that Cillian wasn't following the rules and said nothing, he was also uncooperative and lied so it may be best to cast him out of the priesthood."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by wolfpack »

The high priest has him taken away

darren will face a tribunal.
If this cillian was going somewhere outside of the city we may be bale to use magic to track his location.
GreyWolfVT

#591 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin "Very well. Thank you for your aid with Darrin. I feel that part of the key is in those arch portals at least that is what I assume they are. But I'm beginning to wonder if Cillian wasn't the mastermind of this cult. Originally I figured he was just one of the higher levels sent here to recruit folk like Ernal. But now I think he might be top rung or perhaps second or third in command at the least."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"He was certainly more powerful than I expected. This is bad and I need to rest and recover my power."

Turning to the High priest, "How can i serve now?"
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#593 Post by wolfpack »

You can rest, you are both welcome to stay in the barracks for no charge. your other companion can stay as well. I have a wizard inspecting the archway that was found and I have some totem of power that it I may be able to use to locate cilllian at least with in some respectable distance, but it will take some time to use properly. for now you may rest.

he has some of the temple priests heal all of you of your wounds
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#594 Post by wolfpack »

With that you are able to eat and rest

(fully healed and please mark your memorized spells)

the next day you are met by preston after breakfast.

I have news for you from the high priest. Our mage was able to break the mastery of the arcane portal. it appeasr the portal allowed travel between their rancid sewer shrine and out very own temple, but not only that there is a 3rd magical arch.

It is located outside the city and we believe that is how Cillian has escaped. His holiness is tasking you to travel through the portal and try to track down this traitor. As I understand[quote][/quote] it you were informed that he had some soft of hiding hole outside the city.

He has also tasked Chandler to join you. You should all travel back to the sewer so the arch can be activated.

Chandler was one if the paladins who accompanied you in the sewer.
GreyWolfVT

#595 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin bows his head "Very well might I ask if after this is all over the plan is to destroy those archways I hope? Wouldn't want those being used again I'd hope. Possibly destroy the sewer one after we leave but then again I don't know how those things work I'll leave that up to the experts." pausing a bit to concentrate his thoughts "The temple has been most generous and I appreciate sending aid with us. What are our orders for when we locate Cillian? I have a feeling he won't come quietly and will most definitely put up a fight."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#596 Post by Rex »

Hildr

"I suspect we will be walking into an ambush, we had best be prepared."

HP & Spells updated.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Sarin What are our orders for when we locate Cillian? I have a feeling he won't come quietly and will most definitely put up a fight."[/dialog]

Cillian and any siding with him must be stopped by any means necessary. he gets no reprieve for his actions.
GreyWolfVT

#598 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sarin bows at the waist "Very well so by any means necessary."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#599 Post by Darklin2 »

Felix

Would the mage be able to provide me with any additional spells to help locate these portals? A detect Magic Scroll or maybe some combat magic. I have a very limited spell selection. Any help would be appreciated. If possible some heavier armor would be nice too if any is available from the armory. I could return it after we finish this matter. And is there somewhere i can sell some of these weapons I found in the cult lair. I have 10 short swords and 10 daggers. We all should split the profits from this.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by wolfpack »

The church can't provide you any magic, but will issue you a suit of scale mail such as the temple guards wear. You would need to go to the market to sale the weapons.

Return to “Adventure in Antiquity (1e)”