(002) Regina Downport

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (002) Regina Downport

#501 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos looks around the room at the rest of the group, trying to predict which way they'll twig. "Hey, it gets us offplanet..."
Zaki looks over at Carlos. "I'm with you, whatever we do." A tiny smile flickers at the corners of her mouth.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#502 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos looks around the room at the rest of the group, trying to predict which way they'll twig. "Hey, it gets us offplanet..."
Zaki looks over at Carlos. "I'm with you, whatever we do." A tiny smile flickers at the corners of her mouth.
Carlos gives her a smile and a slight wink.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#503 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo listens to the proposal before commenting. "We have already send out feelers to check out ships, so further inspections should not attract undue attention. It shouldn't be a problem to get a quick scan of the room, tools are available, it's not like we need to use a tape measure." He looks around to gauge the reactions. "I think the proposal and plan is a good one, I for one support it. How about you guys?"
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#504 Post by Keven »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo listens to the proposal before commenting. "We have already send out feelers to check out ships, so further inspections should not attract undue attention. It shouldn't be a problem to get a quick scan of the room, tools are available, it's not like we need to use a tape measure." He looks around to gauge the reactions. "I think the proposal and plan is a good one, I for one support it. How about you guys?"
Carlos shrugs. "Shouldn't be a problem. All else fails, just say you're doing a walkthrough to see if any hulls can be refitted for commercial use, or Scout service use, and you're just doing a quick eyeball survey for a later detailed survey. Make 'em think we're looking at them for some other purpose." He shrugs. "Again, it would be better for Lady Jane if we could field our own ship upfront as well as her yaght, especially if we find other Imperial military or citizenry that need unofficial repatriation. That's the kind of thing that would get us on Imperial 'good guy' lists. Might come in handy someday..."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#505 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Carlos shrugs. "Shouldn't be a problem. All else fails, just say you're doing a walkthrough to see if any hulls can be refitted for commercial use, or Scout service use, and you're just doing a quick eyeball survey for a later detailed survey. "
Pedro pipes up "lots of excuses for this kind of thing. We've used old hulks as habs, comm-stations, even barges. Anything you can weld together we belters have managed to use to live or work in." He chuckles "Of course a bunch of reprobates like us wanting to eye a half-finished Kuinir are gonna get a bit of side eye without a good excuse...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro pipes up "lots of excuses for this kind of thing. We've used old hulks as habs, comm-stations, even barges. Anything you can weld together we belters have managed to use to live or work in." He chuckles "Of course a bunch of reprobates like us wanting to eye a half-finished Kuinir are gonna get a bit of side eye without a good excuse...
"We could hint that we have a patron," Zaki says with a shrug.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#507 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro pipes up "lots of excuses for this kind of thing. We've used old hulks as habs, comm-stations, even barges. Anything you can weld together we belters have managed to use to live or work in." He chuckles "Of course a bunch of reprobates like us wanting to eye a half-finished Kuinir are gonna get a bit of side eye without a good excuse...
"We could hint that we have a patron," Zaki says with a shrug.
Carlos says "Oblivously. But we just tell them we're under non-disclosure, hint it's somebody else, and let their tiny minds fill in the blanks."
In The Marches:
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#508 Post by Nuke66 »

"That is appropriate story, and almost truthful." Edwardo answers, "Plus, I do have credentials."

He looks at the two, "Do we make the deal."
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by joertexas »

Nuke66 wrote:"That is appropriate story, and almost truthful." Edwardo answers, "Plus, I do have credentials."

Zaki nods. "Yes."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#510 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:"That is appropriate story, and almost truthful." Edwardo answers, "Plus, I do have credentials."

Zaki nods. "Yes."
Carlos nods. "Works for me."
In The Marches:
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#511 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: So, sleep and runs us through the inspection? Need to pickup a cheap and dirty holo-scanner to use covertly, and get there.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#512 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
joertexas wrote:

Zaki nods. "Yes."
Carlos nods. "Works for me."
OOC: That seems to be a yes all around.

"I take it that we have a deal, then?" Sir Keen nods and adds,"Your standard comm has a laser built in and it can give measurements good enough for what we need. Record the approach to the compartment and the interior as you make the measurements and that will be good enough proof to take to the NRB to get them to institute an official inquiry."

OOC: We need to get straight how we're going to work the "ship" angle of this. Are you hoping to fly your own ship to Ruie, or are you going to go on Lady Jane's yacht? If it's the yacht, they you can get a ship upon your return from Ruie. Haber will cover the down payment for an old Far Trader, it's going to be used and will have some "quirks", but it will fly. If you're going to want that ship before going to Ruie, it's going to be even older and have even more quirks, but it will fly...for now anyway. Which way are you planning to go?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:OOC: We need to get straight how we're going to work the "ship" angle of this. Are you hoping to fly your own ship to Ruie, or are you going to go on Lady Jane's yacht? If it's the yacht, they you can get a ship upon your return from Ruie. Haber will cover the down payment for an old Far Trader, it's going to be used and will have some "quirks", but it will fly. If you're going to want that ship before going to Ruie, it's going to be even older and have even more quirks, but it will fly...for now anyway. Which way are you planning to go?
I vote for taking the yacht to Ruie - it's a great cover for the op.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#514 Post by Nuke66 »

OOC: I was under the impression that the ship inspection was here on Regina. Do the inspection, then take the yacht to Ruie. Am I missing something?
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#515 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:OOC: I was under the impression that the ship inspection was here on Regina. Do the inspection, then take the yacht to Ruie. Am I missing something?
OOC: No, I don't think you're missing anything, the ship inspection is here on Regina and the yacht is available to take you to Ruie. OTOH, Carlos...I think...wants to take two ships to Ruie, the yacht *and* a ship of your own.

If that's what you want to do, you can, but you'll have to get a ship of your own really fast because you'll need to get off the planet in a hurry. All you'll be able to pick up that fast is going to be a very, very, old and very, very, quirky ship.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#516 Post by Nuke66 »

I see. I vote to take only the yacht, how much cargo capacity does it have? As long as we are traveling, might just as well work a trade deal too.

First, go inspect some ships, find some cargo and head to Ruie....

sound like a plan?
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#517 Post by joertexas »

Nuke66 wrote:I see. I vote to take only the yacht, how much cargo capacity does it have? As long as we are traveling, might just as well work a trade deal too.

sound like a plan?
A yacht doesn't have much cargo space, as I recall. I vote we at least check out what ships we can find - maybe we get lucky and can take both to Ruie.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#518 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:I see. I vote to take only the yacht, how much cargo capacity does it have? As long as we are traveling, might just as well work a trade deal too.

sound like a plan?
A yacht doesn't have much cargo space, as I recall. I vote we at least check out what ships we can find - maybe we get lucky and can take both to Ruie.
Hot setup about us taking our own boat to Ruie is, we can pack it up with our own cargo, plus the other stuff I've been talking about. More room for rescued Impys, etc.
In The Marches:
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#519 Post by Eris »

OOC: Not looking run a railroad here, but I would like to move things along a little.

Can we say you have accepted the assignments from Haber and Lady Jane?

You've called Lady Jane to tell her you're going to Ruie, she tells you that the yacht, The Eastern Star, will be ready to lift in 26 hours, ie. tomorrow night about midnight. You have the rest of tonight and tomorrow to finish all the rest of your business here on Regina.

• Things to do:
  • GP Salvage Yard to "look around"...get measurements, report back to Haber. Plan on 3 or 4 hours to do this, and it can be tonight before sleep, or tomorrow morning/afternoon.
  • Are you planning on finding Charlie Hart and "hiring" him to go with you to Ruie? You said getting him under wraps is a good idea, and maybe he could be useful once on Ruie in identifying former guards or something.
  • Looking at other old/wreaked ships...really no time for this now.
  • Getting a spec cargo for Ruie (you can have 6 dtons on the yacht). Can be done, but Edwardo will have to spend most of tomorrow on just this to pull it off.
  • Buying any gear you want to take with you.

Let me know how you want to proceed.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Let me know how you want to proceed.
Zaki is ready to travel, and she will defer to the guys on what to do next.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”