where are the children

wolfpack
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: where are the children

#41 Post by wolfpack »

it was brad behind you followed you down the hill

the wounds do not look like something any natural animal you know would create. the eyeballs were removed without the area around the eyes being bitten, the heart is removed without eating the entire chest
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Slyhorn "Nothing I can think of naturally Brad. But I don't think we can bring the girl back to her family like this. I would feel wrong burying her out here too." he sighs and takes off his cloak and wraps the girls form in it "I'm not so sure it's safe for you out here either Brad. But if you wish to tag along I won't stop you." the ranger-cleric starts looking for more of a blood trail to follow or prints from where the body was found looking for any sort of cave maybe nearby.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by wolfpack »

you find prints around the body, they leave a deep impressions like the others but this time they are not booted
the are larger still man shaped and have sharp points where the end of the toes should be like claws.

You find no other prints and they do not lead away as if whatever was making them didn't simply walk out.

I think we gotta take the body back. as bad as it is they wouldn't want us to leave it out here. just don't want them to see it right away.

But where is the other girl?
GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn "I suspect whatever made the tracks and did this to her probably has the other to do the same." he says scooping up the wrapped in his cloak body and turns to go back the way they came "You are probably right come lets go I will have to return to search for the other."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by wolfpack »

you put the wrapped body across your horse and return to the village. Some of the men meet you as you approach. they let their sorrow be known as they take the body and take it to the parents and let them know what was found.

You also tell them you have not found any trace of the other daughter yet but you plan to continue to look. they thank you for your help so far and ask if there is anything they can do to help.
GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn shakes his head "No there is nothing I would ask of you, please mourn and if you need the help I can help you bury the departed. I will give you my vow that I will find your other daughter and whatever did this." the ranger-cleric doesn't even care about the loss of his cloak he can always buy a new one. "I'm going back out there now." he will ask Brad if he is still around "Do you have a cloak I could borrow? or Buy off you?" after that if he cannot get another cloak at the moment he will merely go back and follow the tracks from the last place he and Brad were.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by wolfpack »

Brad retrieves you a fur cloak
GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn accepts the cloak thanks Brad and returns to where the body was found and will begin to follow the tracks from there and search using Sarge and his superior sense of smell.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by wolfpack »

you don not any other trace from beyond the spit the body was found. whatever it was did not walk away form that spot
GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn looks for any blood trails, sign that the thing climbed any trees nearby has Sarge sniff for any scent of the beast or the girls to follow. beyond this I have no more ideas.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

you are unable to find any sign anywhere else as if the thing disappeared or just flew away
GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn at this point throws up his hands in frustration and heads back to Brad's house. "No idea what to do now Sarge. I gave my word and now I've failed."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by wolfpack »

roll a wisdom check
GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn diverts from Brad's house and heads to seek the wisdom of his Druid friend.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by wolfpack »

You head toward the secret grove of Boran, you arrive just before nightfall.

You are one of the few that know the secret entrance and are welcome into his grove.

you find the hidden opening in the trees and shrubs and walk your mount into the grove. once through the trees you enter a clearing with a small hut and several lush gardens. Lots of small animals and birds move around and a couple of deer stand feeding.
GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn lets his horse 'Spitfire' graze and Sarge to do as he wishes in the grove as he heads to the hut looking for Boran.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by wolfpack »

As you approach Boran exits and gives you a wave.
GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn waves back "Boran I have something I need to run by you. I'm trying to help locate two missing girls. I Found one dead and her hear and eyes were consumed and the lips but whatever did it did not rip the body apart and parts of the eyes were intact. The thing left man sized tracks but was much heavier than a man probably closer to the weight of a bear. But twice it's tracks vanished as if it flew off. Do you have any ideas what would do such a thing? I'm still trying to track it down to locate the second girl gone missing."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by wolfpack »

he listens to your story and looks concerned.

I don;t know what it could be, but it is not natural. Things have been strange as of late. two nights ago a troll was scratching outside the grove attempting to find his way in. He should not have even known it was here but somehow he did, things have just seemed to be ....wrong as of late. there si a darkness in the forest.

In addiiton to the troll the robins told me the have also seen bugbears in the area. It has been years since there have been any such humanoids on this side of the forest

Return to “Wolfpack's Solo Game (1e)”