-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#42 Post by Rex »

I had Luawn take the extra stuff since he is the strongest and it won't encumber him. Once we get going we can split up the potions and anything else someone may want. I didn't grab the lantern and vote for Alessa to carry it.

For order maybe Feylynn first followed by me (I am actually the second sneakiest PC in the group). Then Alessa, Schillachi and last but not least Thalian. For 10 foot wide just split the order with Alessa alone in the middle rank.

Watches don't matter to me, more impotant that the casters get enough rest to recover spells.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

I updated Luawn's equipment. I now have duplicates of a bunch of stuff so if anyone needs something speak up. I had to get creative with some stuff, healing is listed as greater, brandy as a tankard/flask.
Duplicate stuff
Silk rope and hemp rope
Bed roll and blanket
15 days rations now
2 backpacks
2 waterskins (not a bad idea really)

I am at 156.6 lbs and have a 16 strength, not sure if I am encumbered.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote:For order maybe Feylynn first followed by me (I am actually the second sneakiest PC in the group). Then Alessa, Schillachi and last but not least Thalian. For 10 foot wide just split the order with Alessa alone in the middle rank.
I've tentatively added these marching orders to the footer. I can easily revise if/when you guys make changes.
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote:I am at 156.6 lbs and have a 16 strength, not sure if I am encumbered.
You'd have some issues if we were using the variant encumbrance rules (we're not), but, for now, you should be okay.

According to the rules on Lifting and Carrying: "Your carrying capacity is your Strength score multiplied by 15."

With this, you can carry 240 pounds... so you have room to spare.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Bluetongue »

5 days rations ...? So in Schillachi's mind it should be two days there, two back and a day at the mausoleum.

I am presuming, perhaps wrongly, that this tradition last happened before we were born? Do we simply trek onwards? Who has a map?
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rukellian »

I have updated my spell list, and reviewed your character information found posted in the footer section. The only question I have is this: does Thalian really have darkvision?

As for the marching order, I have no complaints. Thalian would be happy to bring up the rear guard. During long periods of rest, Thalian would most likely take a later watch, so that he has time to rest/pray for his spells.

Thalian will not pick from the pile offered by the mayor. The way I see it, my character is already carrying a lot on him right now. I also forward the idea of having Alessa hold onto the silver lantern.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Faanku »

For the marching order, Alessa's owl familiar (called Selynornis if you'd know in character) would be scouting overhead about 20-30ft up and circling around the group, staying within 100ft to telepathically alert her to any dangers; things like wolves, bandits etc that might try an ambush.
Rukellian wrote:I also forward the idea of having Alessa hold onto the silver lantern.
If you'd trust her with it!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

Since I assume we know each other would I have a reason to not trust her?
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Faanku »

I meant that in she's a socially awkward recluse, not that she is untrustworthy.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#51 Post by dmw71 »

I just wanted to draw attention to a new Feedback topic I created.

Feel free to use it, or not. But it's there.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry about the map mentioned in OOC mix-up. I had my channels crossed I guess :?

I will try to be more mindful of keeping my info straight in the future.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by dmw71 »

Rukellian wrote:Sorry about the map mentioned in OOC mix-up. I had my channels crossed I guess
Hey, no worries. I thought I was losing my mind when going through the action posts last night and couldn't find mention of the map. I do remember reading the question though (which reminded me that I forgot to originally include it as I planned), so I kept digging and found it in the ooc thread instead.

Not a big deal.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

I do stuff like that all the time.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#55 Post by dmw71 »

There has been a lot of dialog and role-playing (which is great!), but I haven't been able to keep up with it all so my next update won't be until later tonight or sometime over the weekend.

I'm almost certainly not going to regurgitate all the back-and-forth you've had (you guys all have access to read it firsthand, and have full freedom to keep playing off each other), but I will summarize the key points and nudge things along again.

P.S. It too some finagling (my go-to image editor is apparently no longer a thing :( ), but I did manage to combine all the map pieces together into a single image, which will help visually your journey and what lies ahead.

Something to look forward to.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by dmw71 »

Since editing a post doesn't trigger a new notification, I figure I would point out that a map has been added to my last update.
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rukellian »

...Thankful that he is already wearing his chainmail, Thalian hoists up his shield and hefts his mace to the ready, approaching Luawn and Feylynn's side after glancing over his shoulder to make sure none were sneaking up on the group.

Hearing the quick translation, Thalian braces himself for the eventual attack. He wasn't ready to charge into the fray yet, he would let them come to him and his shield.
To make sure I am clear about my character's actions, he is moving forward from the back and either stopping next to Alessa or between Luawn and Feylynn up front. I realize that there isn't too much room to maneuver right now.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Faanku »

Do we need an initiative roll?
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by dmw71 »

Faanku wrote:Do we need an initiative roll?
D'oh!

Of course. I knew I was forgetting something. Yes, please provide an Initiative roll (which, for the benefit of players new to 5e, is just a simple Dexterity check. Once determined, the initiative order remains the same from round to round).
-- DM --

-- Project --

-- DM --
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rex »

I added it to my post since it was still the last one up.

Return to “Tomb of the Hero's Light (5e)”