Adrift into a Strange Land

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Adrift into a Strange Land

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent "Hmm well we come from that boat there which we were put on from a bigger boat now long gone. You see we were kept and intended to be sold off as slaves but something went wrong and they cast us off the boat in what was the worst boat they had to offer. But they were kind enough to give us back all our belongings." he in telling his story points to the smaller row boat and then off into the distant sea of where the other boat might have been. "I assure you I am no man of this Merit you speak of."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by KingOfCowards »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Svent "Hmm well we come from that boat there which we were put on from a bigger boat now long gone. You see we were kept and intended to be sold off as slaves but something went wrong and they cast us off the boat in what was the worst boat they had to offer. But they were kind enough to give us back all our belongings." he in telling his story points to the smaller row boat and then off into the distant sea of where the other boat might have been. "I assure you I am no man of this Merit you speak of."
Titus: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen regards the conversation, "Talks too much." He then reaches for the dead crabmen, hauling the corpse away from the water. He looks to the other people there, "Lets cook this."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Dizlexus »

Got Garlic Butter?
round 3

Svent and Garrett double team an unfortunate crab. The monster gashes Garret with a pincher (-2hp) . Revenge comes fast for Garrett whose sword penetrates shell, fishy smelling guts protrude from the wound. Suddenly the freak fish is thumped mercilessly by the mage, and stunned. Garrett quickly finishes the immobile monster.

Calen parries a pincher blow but is nicked by another (-1hp). Calen counter attacks and his blow splatters crab guts about the beach for many yards.

Titus dodges pinchers, Sanu tries to help but misses with his stone axe. Titus again makes the beach rain crab guts.

One Crabman remains.

The last panicked Crabman lashes at Baruch, (-1hp) nicking the hungry holy man. He then dives into the water as Baruch takes a wild swing.

The last crabman makes an escape.

On the beach the party again takes note of the broken chest on the beach. Coins, both gold and silver, but mostly silver, litter the sand.

The party killed 4 of 5 crabmen but notice another 4 of their dead among about 10 Sahuagin corpses.

A quick glance into the sea caves reveals the fact that the caves go nowhere and contain only bones and the remains of sea critters.

ACTIONS!!!
INI: Party : [1d6] = 4
Monster: [1d6] = 3
Crabs Win
Crab Attack Svent or Garrett?: : [1d100] = 64 Attacks Garrett: [1d20] = 7 and [1d20] = 13 Damage [1d4] = 2

Attacks Calen: [1d20] = 1 Fumble: [1d100] = 69 no fumble. 2nd attack: [1d20] = 14 Damage [1d4] = 1

Titus attacked: [1d20] = 5 and : [1d20] = 7

Baruch attacked: [1d20] = 15 damage: [1d4] = 1 Crab Runs!
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by MonkeyWrench »

KingOfCowards wrote:When the battle is over, Titus will dismount to address the castaways. You notice the shield on his back has a yellow starburst on it.
Well met warriors. My name is Titus and this is Sanu of the Teutonic people. We saw you coming ashore, but thought you may have been sent by our enemy Prince Merit. After a closer look, you definitely don't appear to be Merit's men. Where do you come from if you don't mind my asking?
wanted to make sure that all dialogue in the posts are after this, so after the battle. I don't want to get the talking to get confused along with the fighting in terms of when each is happening...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Dizlexus »

Dialogue Consolidated Highlights

Sanu
Hmmm, you guys fight good. Pretty good?! Ya, pretty good! You all look like Caca. You come with Titus and me. We will eat this crab, and give you beds. YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY TODAY!!!

Titus
Well met warriors. My name is Titus and this is Sanu of the Teutonic people. We saw you coming ashore, but thought you may have been sent by our enemy Prince Merit. After a closer look, you definitely don't appear to be Merit's men. Where do you come from if you don't mind my asking?

Garrett
"Hmm well we come from that boat there which we were put on from a bigger boat now long gone. You see we were kept and intended to be sold off as slaves but something went wrong and they cast us off the boat in what was the worst boat they had to offer. But they were kind enough to give us back all our belongings." . . . "I assure you I am no man of this Merit you speak of."

Calen
"Lets cook this."

As you see fit now, MW.
All GMs are evil.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, to the sky: "Out of the captors' grapple...into the talons of crabmen. Then clawed ourselves out of this calamity. It's....an....omen!!!!! I must pray."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Dizlexus wrote:Dialogue Consolidated Highlights

Sanu
Hmmm, you guys fight good. Pretty good?! Ya, pretty good! You all look like Caca. You come with Titus and me. We will eat this crab, and give you beds. YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY TODAY!!!

Titus

Garrett
"Hmm well we come from that boat there which we were put on from a bigger boat now long gone. You see we were kept and intended to be sold off as slaves but something went wrong and they cast us off the boat in what was the worst boat they had to offer. But they were kind enough to give us back all our belongings." . . . "I assure you I am no man of this Merit you speak of."

Calen
"Lets cook this."

As you see fit now, MW.
Hahaha, Your the best Diz!
GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent still does not top MW's Victor in Pyro's game :P
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by MonkeyWrench »

:lol: Victor loves his wordplay!
KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by KingOfCowards »

Titus will help collect the miscellaneous coinage on the beach and take a cursory look at the broken chest for anything of value. He lead the group to a spot where they can make camp and cook some crab meat.
GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Svent will sit and rest while the others rummage through the battle grounds. For once not saying much.

Garrett searches through the cave and the battle grounds ever so often listening to parts of others conversations otherwise not saying much unless directly spoken too.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Nordbo »

Prayer complete, Baruch helps hammer open them there difficult pincers, as they become ready
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Dizlexus »

Crab Dinner

The sun begins to set on the beech.

The party searches the shallow sea caves and the various Sahaugin bodies. In a cave, Garrett sees something obscured by sand. He brushes away sand to discover a silver dagger. It appears very well constructed and in perfect condition. The rogue thinks it might be enchanted. Garrett looks at the tip of the dagger and it appears to be hollow.

Baruch the hungry holy man, is eager to bust open crab legs.

However, with the sun setting, the local boys, Titus and Sanu, know the party had better move inland and off of the beech. The Sahaugin will surly return to reclaim their dead. Next time they will show-up in great numbers.

The party makes camp about a mile inland (ORDER OF WATCH PLEASE) where they feast on crab and become acquainted.

Sanu and Titus tell the tale of Tessera and offer the 4 new comers a chance to meet the good queen tomorrow. Cicur is only about 4 hours away. Strangers and foreigners are always welcome.

Order of watch and tomorrows spells, please.
All GMs are evil.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Calen says nothing but leans against a tree, taking first watch of the night.
GreyWolfVT

#56 Post by GreyWolfVT »

In a cave, Garrett sees something obscured by sand. He brushes away sand to discover a silver dagger. It appears very well constructed and in perfect condition. The rogue thinks it might be enchanted. Garrett looks at the tip of the dagger and it appears to be hollow.
Garrett keeps the dagger for himself yes typical of a thief. :P but shows it to Svent and asks if he can check it for magic and the like.

Svent looks the dagger over but tells Garret "I'll have to wait until I restudy my spells but yes I can check it for magic in the morning." he then hands the dagger back to Garrett and goes off under a tree to study his spells for the night.

Garrett goes back with the others and eats some tasty crab meat. "So who wants to take up a watch tonight? I'll take one closer to daylight since I cannot see in the dark."

Garrett will take last shift for watch.

Svent Spells for next Day:
Detect Magic
Magic Missile

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by KingOfCowards »

Titus can take middle watch.

Over meal time, Titus will retell the back story of Regenia and her brother, Merit to the group.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch, mouth full of shellfish: "Schure, put me -crunch- on the watch any ***r **x**ing time. When am I on ?" (wipes fingers)
GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Garrett "You can take first or second watch your choice. But please make sure you eat all you wish before you choose."

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Nordbo »

Baruch: "Let me just remove this mandibuliform b*****er stuck between my teeth... phtooey! ...We can take the 1st, right, Te Kang ?"

Song bird: "wheee!"

Return to “A People Divided (1e)”