The Shameless Horned Horse (IC - Tavern)

Paladin
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Shameless Horned Horse (IC - Tavern)

#41 Post by Darklin2 »

Alec

The Great Bazaar it is. I am after a good Draft Horse, a Solid Wagon, large wooded chest, barrel for water, extra quiver of arrows and some extra rations. I'll put everything in the chest that I can and lock it down.

So let's be off.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Into the Heart of the Storm (IC - Streets of Nuz Edrak)

#43 Post by cybersavant »

Corthalis Aelvynwynne will grab some eats and wolf it down before looking for a corner to curl up in to sleep.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

DM - Wrath of the Righteous (PF1)
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Darklin2 »

Alec

Well it is good to see you all safe. I managed to procure most of the provisions, 2 horses, a water barrel, and a couple quivers of arrows. We will just need to fill the barrel and stock some food and we are ready to push off. If we leave at first light we might be able to stay away from the guards. Wait is this that little thief from the market?

His hand moves to his beltpouch, forgetting he has spent all the money he has on the provisions.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Grognardsw »

Gil, barbarian skald

Gil enjoys a rare bath from the serving lasses (pulling one into the tub for a vigorous, deep scrubbing). He delights in eating their peaches and popping some cherries from their ample tray of food stuffs. As the northern warrior gulps down ale after ale, his verse curse begins to recede.

Gil takes a choice piece of meat, opens the window, whistles down Claw the hawk, and gives him the meat. "Have a good night. We hunt tomorrow," he whispers to the bird.

Afterwards he visits the tavern downstairs to seek out the olive-skinned woman he had met earlier. She is dancing.

He flashes coin. "Come to me woman!" They drink and fondle.

Gil slaps his comrades on the shoulder. "We have survived our first night in Nuz Edrak!" He raises his flagon in toast: "To roof builders and holy spectres!"

"Now Alex, what is your profession?" Gil asks, not having talked with the man before. "Here, have a drink."

"And we have the nets and oil and others items," continues the barbarian skald to Alec. "Hopefully our plan can foil their greater numbers."

Gil orders another ale as he talks to Kazak: "These undead and their poisonous blood - that is a problem when we fight them. There will only be more out there with Nolazar Bone-Caller. We need protection against blood splats on skin. Is there a leather armorer you know who can make us complete body covering, including face, so blood splashes won't disease us?"

When retiring to his room with his wench and flagon, Gil searches the room for lurkers, makes sure the windows are shuttered and well locked. He slides a chair under the knob of the locked door. The barbarian is well aware that Darius will seek revenge, and that the City Guards will be looking for him. It will be good to be leaving the city tomorrow.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Bluetongue »

Shylock Cravat

"A thief? Me?" The halfling points to himself with the meaty bone of some ham hock he is greedily face stuffing.

"No, no. Just a simple purloiner of exotic trinkets, mage wrought papyrus scrolls of arcane calligraphy, a resurrector of ancient temple relics and a courtesan of finest sparkling gems and glistening gold."

He drains a goblet of wine. "This half giant your friend? Nice, host with the most."

The offer of a room, bubble bath and a bubbly wench to scrub his back seems more than he can bear. The grin stays in his face even as the comely servants swerve away. Well he has a skeletal backstratcher tucked away in his pouch and some hard won baubles to assess.

A feather bed and soft pillows comfort his sleep though he dreams of the zombie awakening and the masked necromancer.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by tarlyn »

Jasmine

Jasmine is grateful to Kazak for his hospitality and claps him on the back as well.

"Thank you, Kazak for you kindness to us, appreciated. I not tired yet, but with everything happen, need to release stress.

Um, you can let me brawl again? I like it even if I losed to my new friend."

Turning to Gil and the others "I go fight again, too much fun!", she says with a gleam in her eye, "I need food first but ready to go

fight if fights happening now."
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Darklin2 »

Alec

Approaches Gil after he has cleaned up and removed all the blood and filth.

I can fix some of those cuts but you must relax for a few minutes before chasing that tail.

He lays his hands on Gil's shoulder and let's the magic flow through him.

There that is all I have for the day. In the morning I will try to do more.

OOC-[1d8] = 6 Cure Light Wounds
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Paladin »

Corthalis wastes no time socializing or recounting their adventures, instead finding a pillow-covered divan in the corner and falling asleep almost immediately.

Alec relates his success in the market to his recently-returned comrades and congratulates them on coming back relatively unscathed. He expends a burst of healing magic to aid Gil and the big barbarian feels a seeping warmth that eases his dings and scrapes.

After some initial suspicion, Shylock finds his place among the rowdy crew and avails himself of a hot bath and a soft bed. The pillows are scented with jasmine and the famed purple lotus that is said to encourage dreams of wealth and great beauty. But it fails this night as the Bone-Caller haunts his sleep.

Speaking of Jasmine, the warlike beauty finds herself heading to the arena in search of more action. (I'll get us a post up over there soon where we can round up a good fight separate from the main thread!)

Gil and Alec accompany her as far as the tavern, then peel off and order drinks. (Knock off a gp apiece for a night's revelry) Faced with their questions, Kazak pours himself a mug of wine and savors the sweet red.

"Hmmm. Whoever outfits shadow men would know. They go masked and covered. Blades don't touch, arrows don't strike. Like ghost." His accent is thicker when he's been drinking. "They smell of magic and lampblack," he finishes and wrinkles his nose. "But kill undead and help us stay safe, so I don't complain. They never speak, though."

As the night draws to a close after much drinking, womanizing, and brawling, our heroes shuffle upstairs and make fast their doors for a few hours of much-needed rest. The remainder of the night passes uneventfully and morning breaks over the city of Nuz Edrak, chasing away the horrors of darkness and bathing the mud-brick walls in golden light.

The day is yours, my friends.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Grognardsw »

Gil, barbarian skald

Between Gil’s tipsiness, the massage from his wench, and conversation with Kazak, the northern barbarian almost doesn’t realize that Alec has used magic upon him.

The realization snaps him to attention. His hand passes over the healed flesh. Gil has had experience with god-blessings. Nothing bad happened afterwards. He eventually stopped his prayers to Kord for forgiveness. The warrior decided that this clerical magic was different from arcane sorcery.

“Much thanks Alec. You are a cleric than? I knew a priest named Barlow. He came with us to Nuz Edrak, but temple duties pulled him away from our group. It is good we have a healer.”

“Good luck my friend,” Gil says to Jasmine as she heads off to the arena.

The next morning Gil has a big breakfast of eggs, ham, peasant bread and something called juice. He then invites his comrades to join him in visiting a leatherworker to purchase full body protection garments against the poison blood splashes of zombies.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Darklin2 »

Alec

Yes Gil. I am a Cleric of the Woodland Gods. I also have the skills of a ranger, woodcraft, tracking, and forest dwelling. I can heal most wounds and help with some poisons. I have skills with the long bow and know a little about sword play. And you are welcome. That is what I am here for and maybe a little gold to go with it.

He takes a drag of his Ale.

How are you feeling this morning? I have my spells back if you need more healing. We really should look into those leather face guards the Shadows wear. They will help us fighting the Undead. I can't help but wonder if the pitch is used to seal the leather to keep the blood out.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Bluetongue »

Shylock Cravat
The pillows are scented with jasmine 
Snuggles into feather down filled mammaries, like a baby nosing into cleavage.

Waking, he goes to see if breakfast comes with this night of solace. Finding the others he joins them.

"Ship crew I served alongside trading and raiding across global coasts have all mustered out or jumped ship following the lure of the King's gold. I fear by now most have joined the unholy procession and walked upon unhallowed ground.

Gold and glory is a plague which besets us all as much as the necrotic touch of these ghoulish remnants that stalk at night.

As safe as we are behind these walls, the day of the dead will dawn and overwhelm every bastion.

If you can are looking for extra blades and skills I can offer you mine."
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by cybersavant »

Corthalis Aelvynwynne heads downstairs after waking. He sees those from the night and joins them. "Thank you for the comfort of safe room." He eats and listens to their conversations. "Why do you want to fight the dead of this strange city? None of you seem to be from here. Blade and bow aren't much use against that which lives not. Or is there coin to be earned?"
Last edited by cybersavant on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaming since 1980

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Grognardsw »

Gilbert O’Sullivan, barbarian skald

Gil greets his comrades the next morning. The warrior speaks with Alec.

“Aye cleric, wounds there are to heal
Though Jasmine is more bruised than I
Your blessings will ease our ordeal
And give strength for our mission on nigh.”

Gil’s sing-song talk raises some eyebrows in the tavern, given the barbarian’s rugged appearance.

“Forgive my forced verse
For I live under dread curse
Put upon me by a witch perverse
Only when drunk can I rightly converse.”

The northern outlander looks down at Shylock.

“Small in stature but giant in bravery
you are, and with streak of knavery.
Welcome to our adventuring crew
For gold, women and thrill we pursue!”

Gil welcomes Corthalis as well.

“Kazak hired us to kill bandits
Preying on his caravans and goods
We leave today, after our new leather fits.”

“Though I care not for walking undead
And do not seek them out
I would be safe in leather when they bled
For my steel in them will rout.”
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Paladin »

Apologies for being slow on Jasmine's brawl. I had a crazy busy day. We'll play it out as we go and just remember that it happened before you all left. :)

The party convenes the next morning to discuss their next move over breakfast. New friendships are forged and new endeavors discussed. Gil's suggestion is to find leather masks to aid in fighting off the afflicted.

The sun climbs toward mid-morning as meals are finished and drinks emptied. Kazak makes a round and speaks briefly, though he is busy as always and is quickly called away.

From speaking with patrons, you learn the whereabouts of three leathercrafters in the nearby vicinity. One is an elven man from the far north who specializes in armor and has a stall at the Bazaar, the second is a native man who sets up shop near the temples making ceremonial masks, and the third is a halfling woman new to the city. No one seems sure what her specialty might be.

"Did you hear about the ones who were arrested in the Bazaar before nightfall?" A voice says to Kazak above the din. "It was a halfling, I hear tell. And a pair of barbarians like your fine self, sir. It's said they attacked the guard and broke free. During their escape, they broke into Darmin Col's house and murdered him in the most savage fashion. Hacked his head clean from his shoulders and ripped him to shreds. Sad tale, I tell you." The speaker is too short to see you over the crowd, but Kazak is a head taller than most and sends a sideways glance at your table. Apparently stifling his curiosity, at least for the time being, he returns to his duties.

"Got the city guard out in force today, looking for them," the man continues loudly, drumming up his audience. "Watching every gate and patrolling the streets in numbers. Mark my words, that lot is in for real trouble."

Another voice pipes up. "Saw a barbarian lass in here last night, I did. Put on a good show in the arena. If I remember correctly, there was another with her. Don't know about any halfling, though."

The men talking are standing between you and the front door.
Last edited by Paladin on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by cybersavant »

Corthalis Aelvynwynne looks across the table at the three and smiles. In a whisper he adds, "Leaving might be a bit hard to do, now."
gaming since 1980

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Grognardsw »

Gil smiles and tries to shrink in his seat.
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Darklin2 »

Alec

No we can leave when ever. I have the wagon in the stables near by. Everyone gets in the back and we ride out of town. Most wagons carry extra horses. They can train behind the wagon or we could leave at night. Sketchy but might work.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by cybersavant »

Corthalis Aelvynwynne, "Well, they aren't looking for me."
gaming since 1980

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Shameless Horned Horse (IC - Tavern)

#60 Post by Grognardsw »

Gil, barabarian skald

Gil draws his cloak hood up and speaks just loud enough to be heard:

"Aye, to wagon go
out the back door
to avoid many foe
then to leather store."

Return to “Into the Emptiness (1e)”