OOC Chat — "Hoshihige Most Auspicious Inn"

Starbeard
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat — "Hoshihige Most Auspicious Inn"

#381 Post by Rex »

I am for visiting location 2 if we can still get back in time for the festival.
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#382 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

I'm not sure exactly what Aiko would do next. She has a number of broader, vaguely aligned objectives that don't dictate a specific course of action right now:
  • 1. Keep her promise to Lady Hama and investigate the vision of the dead rising from the lake
  • 2. Help root out the evil that is spreading in the area (whether true or not, Aiko believes this to be intertwined with 1. and with Sakemono)
  • 3. Repay Lord and Lady Nasu's hospitality by aiding them (primarily related to 2. but potentially also against interference by the Lion or Scorpion)
  • 4. Train to regain her strength and hone her skill to overcome her injury.
Regarding the evening, I think Aiko would probably demonstrate her solidarity with Lord and Lady Nasu by following them out.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Leitz »

I don't know if it's been discussed before, and I missed/forgot it, but we can do Roll and Keep on the Dice Roller now.

Code: Select all

[_5d10k2]
Should let you roll five dice, and keep the highest two. The underscore in front makes the roller display the kept dice individually. For example:

[_5d10k2] = (8+6)=14

If you drop the "k2" then it shows all the dice:

Code: Select all

[_5d10]
[_5d10] = (5+3+2+8+2)=20
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Starbeard »

Hi all.

So it sounds like visiting Midway Quiet Village is the majority consensus, possibly on the way to the temple shrine. I'll finish up the evening and move things forward to Midway the next morning.
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#385 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Starbeard wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:49 am Hi all.

So it sounds like visiting Midway Quiet Village is the majority consensus, possibly on the way to the temple shrine. I'll finish up the evening and move things forward to Midway the next morning.
That makes sense to me.

Two minor things I thought I'd mention:
1. At the start of the evening, assuming he was willing, Aiko would introduce Kunpu to her friends / travelling companions.
2. I think Aiko would keep Lady O-Chizu apprised of her plans (i.e. assuming that's what we do, inform her that they intend to go to Midway Quiet Village and then possibly the shrine to investigate.). It may be that we tell Lord Nasu too, after all we are his guests, but I feel Aiko would make a particular point of touching base with the shrewd lady before departing and promise to return with anything they may uncover.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Leitz »

Captain Kinkajou wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:55 am 1. At the start of the evening, assuming he was willing, Aiko would introduce Kunpu to her friends / travelling companions.
I'm sure he would be willing. Her friends might not like it so much. :)

Shall we start?

Also, I will be in "read-only" mode from Wednesday to Sunday. May not even be able to read, we're off to the wilds.
Last edited by Leitz on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Rex »

Sounds like a plan.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#388 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:43 am Sounds like a plan.
What he said. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Starbeard »

Cool, I'll get on it. But not right now :P

Unfortunately I got hit with some unexpected work, right when I was ready to get things underway, hence the extra slowness. My deadline is right at the beginning of October, so I think I'll just give myself and everyone else peace of mind by announcing that we'll pause for another week, and then pick up with investigations in Midway Quiet Village in the first week of October.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Starbeard »

Thank you so much for your patience! Let's get started once again.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for some much needed camping/hunting. This will be through the 25th and every weekend through mid-December. I will update as more weekdays get added later on. I may be able to check in once or twice depending on how things go but don't count on it. Feel free to NPC my character so I don't slow things down.
Thanks and good gaming,
Rex
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by Leitz »

Enjoy! My wife likes to camp, I just carry in stuff, and then carry it back out.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by Rex »

Thanks, its my reset and clear the mind time.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Starbeard »

It's been way too long since we've gone out to camp, at least 7 years. Have fun!
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Leitz »

I *think* Kunpu answered Lady Nasu's questions politely enough. At least that was the intent. :)
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Leitz »

Captain Kinkajou, I think Aiko going with Kunpu is fine. I'll write up something today or tomorrow; I have to figure out how to replace a starter on a car. :(
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Leitz wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:22 pm Captain Kinkajou, I think Aiko going with Kunpu is fine. I'll write up something today or tomorrow; I have to figure out how to replace a starter on a car. :(
Cool... about the Aiko going along bit. As for the starter motor,, my small experience is that it looks a lot easier to get to in the manual than it is in real life, though perhaps I was just unlucky. Hope it turns out to be straightforward in your case :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Rex »

With starters, as everything else it depends on the vehicle. I can change the starter on any year/version of a Jeep CJ-Wrangler in a parking lot in 15 minutes. A Toyota 4Runner (my current vehicle), forget it, it has to go to the shop.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Starbeard »

For a while I had a retired patrol Crown Vic, searchlights and all. I have next to no experience working inside a car, but that was impossible. Everything was designed to be inaccessible to tampering and hot wiring, so almost any work required lifting the engine block. Eventually we just kept a long screwdriver handy to start it by hand, since that was easier.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by Starbeard »

If the current lagging wasn't enough, we've found out that our baby (which was due on Thanksgiving) is being delivered on Thursday. My wife has high blood pressure, and at her age they've decided they'd rather be safe than sorry, and induce delivery ASAP. So far everything looks hunky dory, but needless to say we're scrambling to get everything in place, and I probably won't get any significant updates this week.

Return to “Roleplaying in the Emerald Empire (L5R)”