Chpt. 1: To the Palace

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 1

#381 Post by greyarea »

Shen, monk

Shen says to the woman, Hello, I am Shen and these are my friends. Do you require assistance? His hand appears to be open to her but he is ready for a quick strike of the Open Palm In Reverse Friendship technique, in case she is not so nice.
FreebirdFootbagging
Strider
Strider

#382 Post by FreebirdFootbagging »

The woman looks up to Shen groggilyIm.. I'm not very sure... I can't remember much... My name is Raquinel, I'm pleased to meet you. But, where are we? She takes a couple short glances around the room, quickly absorbing the confusing and quite dire circumstances around her. Ah-perhaps this is not the appropriate time for such talk and points to the water weird engaging his comrade.
FreebirdFootbagging
Strider
Strider

#383 Post by FreebirdFootbagging »

Raquinel Raialis, Human Magic-User
Graciously excepting Shens hand she stands up, and retrieves her staff. I can't seem to recall my spells, I'm afraid I won't be of much use but I will do all that I can.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#384 Post by greyarea »

Shen, monk

Shen quickly bows. Excuse me, madam. There is something I must attend to.

Shen then runs to the water weird attacking his halfing friend and attacks it with a flying kick.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Zhym »

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by tkrexx »

Flint, Illusionist

Save vs. Magic: 12 [1d20] = 11
Don't suppose that +1 from the Phantom Armor applies to this?
Flint tries to find a place away from the moss!
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by tkrexx »

Honnilee, Thief

The Hobbit squeaks at what she first fears may be a huge serpent striking from the near pool and bolts. Her (Very strong!) first instinct is to run, but with others among them finding trouble at every turn, what wisdom she has warns her to take care with every step she makes. Her thumbs flashes down across the gold ring on her right hand.
Mirror Image
Honnilee will continue moving away from the pool and its lethal squatter, tho at less than breakneck speed.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Grognardsw »

A Song of Moss and Water

Ianin barricades his id against the mental violation of Obliviax. The mage moves towards the moss pool, fingering a silver ring on his left hand.

Flint's psychic guard is pierced and he suddenly wonders where he is and how he got there. His spells are absent from mind as well.

Poltux looks about for the cause of the buzzing sounds, which he no longer hears due to the unnatural silence around the moss. He backs ups about 15' until he can hear again. The buzzing is louder, coming from all three corridors leading into the Hall of Pools. The half-orc warrior is poised with his magic axe. Something wicked this way comes.

The Obliviax attacks.

A miniature moss-Flint arises and from its tiny hands flares a vivid fan-shaped spray of clashing and dizzying colors. Ianin is overwhelmed by the display, feeling a wave of confusion, dizzyness then unconsciousness.

The Idwellin-moss produces flame in its algae hands and throws it at Raquinel. Somehow the Obliviax looses grip on the flame and it falls back behind, igniting its own flat blanket portion of moss (1 HP damage).

The Bjorn moss waves its arms menacingly. A moss-Raquinel forms and fires two missiles of magical energy at Bjorn and Raquinel for 3 and 4 damage respectively.

The adventurers realize the moss is using the magic spells from those whose memories they drained!

Bjorn, about to eat moss, stops as he is confronted with the 6-inch moss version of himself. Thinking that perhaps now is not the time to dine, the cleric swings his new mace down on the Obliviax. His little moss counterpart bunches up to the right, dodging the mace, then reforms.

At the same time around the pool of the water weird, Shen the monk gathers his ki for a martial kick at the creature. His foot pounds the watery serpentine neck (6 HP damage) and it looses some of its form in that immediate area.

Andover the ranger hews at the liquid death with his magic sword Spellslasher. It is a mighty blow the ranger thinks would fell a normal foe, but the sharp blade has little effect (1 HP damage) on the weird water creature. It seems Shen’s blunt kick had more weight.

Honnilee puts on her gold ring and suddenly there are 4 identical hobbits next to each other. Their actions are one; they shift about, confusing the eye.

The water weird whips around again for another attack on the hobbit(s). Its maw closes down on an illusionary hobbit, and it snuffs out leaving three identical Honnilee’s dodging about.

Raquinel watches the unfolding battles about her, considering what action to take.
- Moss fight initiative: Monster Initiative [1d6] = 6, Party Initiative [1d6] = 1 Moss wins
- Water Weird fight initiative: Water weird fight initiative: monster [1d6] = 4, party [1d6] = 5 Party wins!
- Obliviax color spray spell effect 1-Bjorn 2-Raquinel, 3-Ianin [1d3] = 3 Ianin effected by color spray
- Moss flame throw at 1-Bjorn 2-Raquinel [1d2] = 2 Moss produce flame throw is at Raquinel
- Moss produce flame throw [1d20] = 1, damage [1d4] = 1 Fumble on itself!
- Moss 2 magic missile damages [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3, [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4 3 on Bjorn, 4 on Raquinel
- Shen kick damage [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 Hit! I rounded the 1.5 HP extra damage monks to with hand-to-hand combat up to 2, as the dice roller doesn’t do halves. Grey didn't roll damage with attack roll, hence my roll.
- Honnilee number of mirror images [1d4] = 3
- Water weird attack - Shen 1, Andover 2 or Honnilee 3 [1d3] = 3 Water weird attacks Honnilee!
- Real Honnilee is [1d4] = 3, Weird attacks [1d4] = 1 Attacks a mirror image!
- Weird attack on mirror image [1d20] = 11 Hit – mirror image disappears
- Memory loss is of the last 24 hours, which is back to before you entered the palace.
- There is silence around the area of moss (occ: players around it please don't put dialog in, to emulate the effect.)
Actions!
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Zhym »

Andover decides that the water weird is likely stuck in the water, attacks the memory moss.

Spellslasher vs. magic-using or enchanted (THAC0: 18): [1d20+5] = 2+5 = 7; S/M Damage: [1d8+8] = 3+8 = 11; L Damage: [1d12+8] = 10+8 = 18
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#390 Post by greyarea »

Shen, monk

Shen keeps on the offensive, this time focusing his ki in a palm strike! Ya!
Grognardsw, you find the best images. Great stuff!
FreebirdFootbagging
Strider
Strider

#391 Post by FreebirdFootbagging »

Raquinel, magic user

The woman gathers herself, charging at the moss-image of herself, attacking with her staff.
(1d20=3)
Eulalios

#392 Post by Eulalios »

Idwellin retreats from the moss and from the water, joining Pollux. He holds his spear and shield at the ready, listening to the growing noise from the corridors. is that the sound of flying insects?
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by tkrexx »

Honnilee, Thief

The Halfling continues to move away from the pool of the water demon.
INT check to see if Honnilee would figure out the 'Weird can stray only so far from its pool, plz?
EDIT: Shen, get back! That thing can't come away from the water! If we stay away from the pool, it won't bother us!
Last edited by tkrexx on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by tkrexx »

Whispering Flint, Illusionist

From the bright sunny skies to a cold castle chamber in the blink of an eye! The calm of the day shattered by battle with an unknown enemy! Who IS that Woman swatting the floor? Idwellin rushes by toward Poltux who is poised by the entrance. He tries to tell the large man his spells seem to be gone, but his voice has also vanished! The old training comes to him then: When in doubt, get behind a Fighter. He follows the Druid to a spot close to Poltux, his hands silently searching for the two things that could possibly be of use sans spells, a dagger and his scroll.
jdluna
Guide
Guide

#395 Post by jdluna »

Bjorn attacks these "mossmen" with his mace.

[1d20] = 2

won't bother with damage
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Grognardsw »

Chamber of Combats

Idwellin hears the familiar buzz of flying insects, familiar because of his past experience casting Summon Insects. Flint moves to join Idwellin and Poltux. The three of them see a swarm of flying insects swoop in from all three corridors into the room. They fly high to the Obliviax pool, swarming about Bjorn who is readying his magic mace. The cleric's swing at the moss is thus disrupted; all he can do is swat and fend off the flying insects, which collectively bite him for 2 HP damage.

Idwellin, Poltux, Flint, you can restate this round's actions since the swarm passed right by you.

The Obliviax miniature mosses are waving their little hands menacingly about while Bjorn struggles against the swarm, Ianin lies unconscious, and Raquinel takes her staff in hand.

Raquinel swings her staff awkwardly at the Obliviax, but the moss flattens itself to avoid the blow and quickly pops up again.

Those not near the Obliviax suddenly hear a loud yell come from the southern corridor. “This way, monsters, to the pools! The invaders are there!”

The Weird of Water attacks.
It veers away from the monk and its damaging kick, whipping towards Andover. It wraps around the ranger, submerging him in its watery body 10' above the pool. Andover is beginning to drown.

Honnilee the hobbit warns Shen that the weird cannot attack far from its pool. But concern for Andover's plight drives Shen to press his attack.

"Hai-Ya!" yells the monk, his powerful palm-strike hitting air as the water weird twists about. Shen and Honnilee see that Andover’s situation is quite alarming.
FreebirdFootbagging
Strider
Strider

#397 Post by FreebirdFootbagging »

Raquinel Raialis

Seeing her martial skills for what they truly are Raquinel steps back from the moss creature. Hoping she has time, and fearing another magic Missle, or worse, she digs through her bag, retracting 1 vial of oil, flint, and steel. Does anyone have a torch? she yells.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Zhym »

Andover holds his breath and tries not to drown.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Grognardsw »

FreebirdFootbagging wrote:Raquinel Raialis

Seeing her martial skills for what they truly are Raquinel steps back from the moss creature. Hoping she has time, and fearing another magic Missle, or worse, she digs through her bag, retracting 1 vial of oil, flint, and steel. Does anyone have a torch? she yells.
At last check, Shen had a lit torch which is likely on the floor now near the water weird pool. There is also a flaming pool in the center of the room which dimly lights the whole Hall. Raquinel could go to either of those and return to the moss. It would take your round, with the oil lighting coming last in the round. Of course, others may have unlit torches as part of their equipment, if on their lists.
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#400 Post by greyarea »

Shen, monk

Shen continues his assault on the water weird. He yells back over his shoulder to Raquinel, My torch should be right by your feet, as he kicks at the water beastie.
Shen attack [1d20] = 8 heh. I won't bother rolling damage.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”