Stobart

"I'm starting to think we'll have to risk the bandits."
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Cave Of The Unknown

#362 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Looking over the blocked path wishing she could choose the safer path, "I think we have no choice in this matter. So the way I see it, is we have two choices. Face the bandits and lose our coin, or set up a temporary camp and heal up a bit. In the meantime perhaps this way will become passable. What do you think Pim and Mr. Stobart?" After listening to their thoughts she asks of Stobart, "With proper rest do you think we could restore Renna's health. How long might you need?" She figures Renna would double their healing skills for the others.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#363 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim shrugs "I don't know at this point I think we need to just keep moving however possible and just risk the bandits. I don't know that we have the coin to afford paying but I guess we'll figure that out when the time comes."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by shaidar »

Stobart smiles at Magdal "Please, it's just Stobart. I would need a full nights rest to regain my spells, but I would be able to wake Renna who might help heal too. Staying here overnight puts us at risk of wild creatures, or worse, and they might be attracted by the smell of blood from our friends. I don't know how much longer our friends will survive without proper help. I think I agree with Pim, there are no good options, but at least we might be able to reason with the bandits if we meet them."
GreyWolfVT

#365 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim agrees "Very well if rest is what you would prefer let's do that. Providing we can find a good hiding spot to camp."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Sorry, if I was unclear. If we don't think we can find a safe place to camp, we should just head on. Either way we'll need to deal with the bandits."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#367 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back To The Keep?
Smoking Bandits
Partly Cloudy, Late Afternoon

Certain they won't make it beyond the boggy ground with their heavy sled, the trio decides to try their luck going down the Bandit Bypass.

They pull the travois back to the trail and start making their way along the forest path. About halfway in, just like last time, they see 6 figures sitting on the log in the middle of the trail. The smell of smoke is easily detected on the air, as most of these figures seem to be partaking in a bit of a smoke break. They blow rings up into the sky as you approach, eventualy standing up to greet you from a distance.

They wave you towards them with their hands, motioning for you to come forward to meet up with them.

Actions?
Wilderness.jpeg
Wilderness.jpeg (162.82 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Magdal Haldeene AC7 15/16
Pimlan Greenstride AC6 7/9
Sylla Lontharra AC5 6/6 CLW, CLW, Command
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW, Command
Dredd AC3 -1/16 Unconscious
Meinhardt AC10 -2/5 MM, MM, Sleep Unconscious
Crobeus AC3 -2/10 LOH Unconscious
Renna Kellamin AC4 -3/9 CLW, CLW Unconscious
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Perhaps just one of us should go forward to talk, then again, they could easily reach and surround the rest. But I will go forward and talk if we think it best."
GreyWolfVT

#369 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim shrugs "I'm no bard or charmer so I dunno that I should be the one to do the talking."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"I'm not particularly silver-tongued either. I think it best you and Magdal protect the others, I'll go speak to them."

He heads towards figures.
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#371 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

"I agree M...Stobart. Best to be honest with them...if one can be honest with thieves. In any case our friends lives are more important than a few coins," Magdal states though she does keep her bow in hand and watches him walk away warily.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#372 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back To The Keep?
Smoking Bandits

When the bandits see Stobart approaching alone, they shake their heads and continue waving everyone forward. One of the six shouts out.

“No need to be afraid! We aren’t going to hurt you! You are all free to pass through if you can pay the fee!”

You think you may recognize the voice from earlier, as these are likely the very same highwaymen who robbed Loyn- Dwarf Fighter this morning.

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by shaidar »

Stobart approaches the men

"We came through earlier today. My friends have been injured and we need to get them to the keep for help. What's the fee? We paid it this morning and all we found so far at the caves was trouble, no treasure."
GreyWolfVT

#374 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim will move forward with his load in tow. "What will it cost for us to pass by to the keep with our injured?" he asks once he is near Stobart.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#375 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal hesitantly moves towards the bandits, helping Pim with the travois. She remains silent content to let Stobart do the talking as they agreed to.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#376 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back To The Keep?
Smoking Bandits

When the group gets up to the bandits smoking on their log, they stand in a non-threatening manner, extinguishing their vices. Their leader looks your dilapidated party over with a sly smile. "Three pulling four? Well, it doesnt look like things went very well for you so far. Tell you what.....since you are return customers, I will ask you..... how much would you like to pay?"

These men all look a little rough around the edges, but none of them appear to want any more than a few coins. At least one is definitely one of the men from earlier, but since they are hooded, there could be more from that group as well. One of them who isn't the leader speaks out of turn.

"Which one of the caves did you try to get into? Let me guess. The kobolds?"

He gets a sharp look from the leader, but isn't chastised for his question from any in their crew.

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"I appreciate your understanding of our situation. Would you consider letting us pass for 15gp?"
GreyWolfVT

#378 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim shakes his head "Skeletons with barrels large enough to smuggle something big in the hidden compartment." he informs as to which cave they tried to get into "Then I'm guessing afterwards we met the men in control of the skeletons on our exit."

Pim can afford to pay the full 15gp if needed.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#379 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back To The Keep?
Smoking Bandits

The man talking to Pim looks perplexed by his answer, apparently unsure about the area he is speaking of. "Skeletons, eh? Okay."

Their leader nods his head at Stobart, pointing to each member at a time, even the ones piled in the stretcher.

"That is a generous offer, friend. And one I will surely take you up on. So, lets see......1,2,3,4,5,6,7? That'll be.....100 gold coins then." (failed his Int check) :lol:

He holds his hand out with a smirk, revealing a mouth filled with rotting teeth and some of the worst breath you have ever smelled.

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Oh, I meant 15 gold all together, not each. This morning I'm pretty sure it was five gold each. Who carries 100 gold around, I don't, I'm just a travelling cleric."

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”