The Cave Of The Unknown

OGRE MAGE
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Cave Of The Unknown

#301 Post by sastaz »

Sylla casts Command on the one holding the crossbow.

"We are just simple explorers on a diplomatic mission, stop attacking us and throw away your weapon."
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

With his back literally against the wall and no cover readily available, he charges the human attacking Dredd.

Quarterstaff: [1d20+2]=11+2=13 [1d6]=2
Last edited by Quonundrum on Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#303 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dredd is the only half-orc.

These 2 men are human.

Sorry if there was confusion.
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Quonundrum »

My mistake. Thanks!
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#305 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim pulling hoping this works.

Strength (14) [1d20]=8
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#306 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

The paladin pulls his unconscious companion outside.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna does very little this round.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

Bleeding like a stuck hog, Dredd grits his teeth and attacks his foe again.
"Ya know, we could have had a nice...ugh...talk over a beer, but you decided..."grunt"...to try and kill us instead!" he gasps as he thrusts with his spear.
Spear: [1d20+1]=4+1=5 [1d6+3]=4+3=7 :roll:
Winter is coming...
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#309 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Searching The One Cave
Overhead
Partly Cloudy, Early Afternoon

Pulling the unconscious Renna from the dark, skeleton filled chamber, Crobeus is hit again, nearly bringing the gallant to his knees. 2 dam Magdal pulls on him, while Stobart pulls on her, with Pimlan pulling from behind as well, eventually breaking the plane of the doorway where everyone falls to the ground exhausted. The heavy stone door is closed behind them with another loud boom.

While Dredd and his opponent trade off ineffective blows on each other, the more experienced fighter scoffs. "You ain't from around these parts, eh?"

In her usual hurry, Sylla tries to command the crossbowman to drop his weapon, accidentally forgetting that her prayer will only work if a single word is uttered. Unfortunately for her mysterious new friend, the spell has no effect on the dangerous adversary.

Dressed in only a robe, Minhardt uncharacteristically charges at the second man with his staff in hand. Before he even approaches the fight, he is hit with a second crossbow bolt, this one piercing hard enough to knock the mage from the fight as he falls unconscious to the rocky ground. 4 dam Again the man pulls another bolt from his pouch and starts to reload his devastating weapon. He calls out loudly. "No one else needs to die here today! Drop your weapons and surrender!"

Actions!

IMG_3629.jpeg
IMG_3629.jpeg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 16210 times
Magdal Haldeene AC7 15/16
Pimlan Greenstride AC6 7/9
Sylla Lontharra AC5 6/6 CLW, CLW, Command
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW
Dredd AC3 4/16
Meinhardt AC10 -2/5 MM, MM, Sleep Unconscious
Crobeus AC3 1/10 LOH
Renna Kellamin AC4 -3/9 CLW, CLW Unconscious
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

Breathing heavily, the cleric calls out to the man:

"Who would we be surrendering to?"
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#311 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Once her companions are safe, the young ranger turns nocking an arrow in her bow as she takes aim at the man reloading his crossbow, her slim form as taunt as the string on her bow as she shouts, "EXPLAIN WHY WE SHOULD DO THAT!"

If she doesn't like what she hears she will fire:
Attack roll if needed: [1d20]=17
Scott308

#312 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

If any of his companions attack, Crobeus will drop his spear and charge the bad guy standing over Me(inhardt), drawing his sword as he goes. If everyone else surrenders, Crobeus will as well.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#313 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim will bind any wounds to try and at the very least stop anyone from bleeding further.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by hedgeknight »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:53 pm While Dredd and his opponent trade off ineffective blows on each other, the more experienced fighter scoffs. "You ain't from around these parts, eh?"
Again the man pulls another bolt from his pouch and starts to reload his devastating weapon. He calls out loudly. "No one else needs to die here today! Drop your weapons and surrender!"
Dredd shakes his head, fending off the man's blade. "No, I'm not. I'm from Longspear. Figured I'd come and check out these caves I've been hearing so much about. You?"
When the other man calls out, Dredd steps back and drives his spear...into the ground. He holds his hands up. "Man, I need a beer."
Winter is coming...
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#315 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Leaving The One Cave
Hard Lessons
Partly Cloudy, Early Afternoon

Pimlan attends to Renna, allowing the nearly dead Crobeus to ready himself for trouble.

The distant hooded fighter nods when Dredd finally stops attacking. Longspear? I heard only two things come from Longspear, friend…….” He walks forward, sheathing his sword……

The second fighter slaps a third bolt into his crossbow, shouting his reply to Magdal and Stobart. “Are you normally in the habit of making demands while your life hangs in the balance? Tell me who you are, before I tell you more about us. Did Abercrombie send you out here?”

Magdal holds her fire, Sylla holds her tongue, and Crobeus holds his charge…….for the moment.

Dredds opponent yanks his spear back out from the ground, looking it over and spinning it around with the skill of a journeyman soldier. “You wanna hear what they are?”

Actions!

Magdal Haldeene AC7 15/16
Pimlan Greenstride AC6 7/9
Sylla Lontharra AC5 6/6 CLW, CLW, Command
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW
Dredd AC3 4/16
Meinhardt AC10 -2/5 MM, MM, Sleep Unconscious
Crobeus AC3 1/10 LOH
Renna Kellamin AC4 -3/9 CLW, CLW Unconscious
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna continues to be motionless.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by shaidar »

Stobart sighs

I am Stobart, cleric of Fharlanghn. We came to the caves seeking our fortunes, and ...well, hopefully we'll get the chance to learn from our naivety. I am going to heal my friend here, before she dies. Can someone see to our wizard?" he gestures to Meinhardt.

Assuming no command not to, he will cast CLW on Renna.

CLW: [1d8]=3
GreyWolfVT

#318 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim overhearing the mention of Longspear calls out "Yeah I'm also from Longspear why does that matter?"

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#319 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal has yet to hear anything that has put her at ease but she restrains from attacking in deference to her companions' safety. She also doesn't lower her bow until she knows more about these strangers who willfully attacked us without provocation. Not offering them any information, she remains poised to see what they do.
Scott308

#320 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

The paladin will sheath his blade, not wanting to give the newcomers any reason to resume aggressions. "I'm Crobeus, paladin of Pholtus. Who the hell is Abercrombie?"

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”