Chat

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

Re: Chat

#241 Post by Longfingers »

Right folks, I've 'finished' creating the characters for my Con game - thanks for all the messages of support! There are only 5 players but I've made 8 PCs for them to choose from. I wanted consistent artwork, so borrowed some from another game (as this isn't getting published I figure it's OK...); as I went along I began to diverge a bit from the original idea and ended up taking some liberties with your characters (and some of them now just have the same names) to fit the pictures.

Before I print and laminate them, I'd be grateful for a sense check, and to see if I've made any glaring mistakes. Grateful if anyone has a chance to look and comment before tomorrow (Tuesday) PM UK time. I'll also include the adventure so you can see what they have to deal with!
Attachments
24 Sky-Blind Spire.pdf
(681.99 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Yatrix_complete.pdf
(743.14 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Xantius_complete.pdf
(761.15 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Skavgurd_complete.pdf
(783.89 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Shell_complete.pdf
(761.47 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Ser Owaine_complete.pdf
(750.53 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Jayamanka_complete.pdf
(740.5 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Jasper_complete.pdf
(742.52 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Haroun_complete.pdf
(754.81 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#242 Post by 9littlebees »

Ha, I was considering making Xantius a bit more of a fire mage. Let me know if anyone picks him and how it works out in play - I may just nudge him in that direction after all!

But the format looks great, well done, mate!
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#243 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

They look great Malc! And FWIW, I reckon Michael Prescott's stuff is a good choice too. Nice work all round, mate!

I couldn't see any errors from a scan through, so I reckon your good to go.

Wish I was going to be playing! It looks like it's going to be awesome! :D
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#244 Post by badams30 »

Awesome!
Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#245 Post by Longfingers »

Thanks guys, a big relief to get positive feedback. First time I'll have run a Con game, and although I know that most of the players will be people I know, I also know that *they* put a lot of effort into their games and pregens, so i didn't want to pitch up with just a few scraps of paper :D

Also as it is just a one-off I hand waved the complications a bit and didn't put too much detail in otherwise to allow the players to put their own stamp on things. My plan for equipment is to let them have anything mundane, and if it's something out of the ordinary, as long as they can justify it via their vocation I'll offer them a luck roll to have it.
LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#246 Post by LtTibbles »

Those look awesome and I really love the art!
Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#247 Post by Longfingers »

Character pics are swiped from an old game called Iron Heroes
sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#248 Post by sonofotho »

Hey guys,

First off, apologies (again) for the radio silence. Our US trip is winding down (we are back in DK on Thur evening) and the last several days has been filled with lots of driving, rental car drama, and family reunion stuff!

My aim is to post again by Friday once I am back into normal routine in DK.

Thanks for hanging in there and sorry again for the silence!

Charles
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#249 Post by badams30 »

sonofotho wrote:Hey guys,

First off, apologies (again) for the radio silence. Our US trip is winding down (we are back in DK on Thur evening) and the last several days has been filled with lots of driving, rental car drama, and family reunion stuff!

Charles

Safe travels! We got back from Charleston on Saturday, and it was a festival of sunburn, cranky kiddos, and good times at the beach. And as an added benefit, my son is now potty trained and our house is officially diaper-free for the first time in over 9 years.
9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#250 Post by 9littlebees »

badams30 wrote:We got back from Charleston on Saturday, and it was a festival of sunburn, cranky kiddos, and good times at the beach. And as an added benefit, my son is now potty trained and our house is officially diaper-free for the first time in over 9 years.
Awesome, we're potty training my son now, but he's our only child. More are being planned for next year, so it won't be a long respite from nappies.

And no worries, Charles, glad to hear you're holiday is going well!
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#251 Post by badams30 »

9littlebees wrote:
badams30 wrote:We got back from Charleston on Saturday, and it was a festival of sunburn, cranky kiddos, and good times at the beach. And as an added benefit, my son is now potty trained and our house is officially diaper-free for the first time in over 9 years.
Awesome, we're potty training my son now, but he's our only child. More are being planned for next year, so it won't be a long respite from nappies.

And no worries, Charles, glad to hear you're holiday is going well!
Yup, I hear you. We have three - two girls (8 and 5) and my little guy just turned 4.
BTW, it says on your signature you are in Germany - where at? I spent 3 years in Wurzburg and Furth in the early 90s, compliments of the Army... LOVE Germany.
9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#252 Post by 9littlebees »

I live in Niedersachsen, in the middle of nowhere, about an hour by car from both Bremen and Hannover. It's my wife's hometown, so we're here to be closer to family. Definitely a huge change from Bristol (England, not Tennessee), where I lived previously. Germany is pretty cool, agreed! Just hoping Brexit doesn't make my life as a Brit on the continent too complicated...
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#253 Post by badams30 »

9littlebees wrote:I live in Niedersachsen, in the middle of nowhere, about an hour by car from both Bremen and Hannover. It's my wife's hometown, so we're here to be closer to family. Definitely a huge change from Bristol (England, not Tennessee), where I lived previously. Germany is pretty cool, agreed! Just hoping Brexit doesn't make my life as a Brit on the continent too complicated...
Cool. I'm familiar with Bremen and Hannover, been to each a couple of times.
Yeah, the Brexit thing is nuts. Then again, we're dealing with our own nut over here across the pond. With luck we'll survive him.
Nitehood
Strider
Strider

#254 Post by Nitehood »

Longfingers wrote:Character pics are swiped from an old game called Iron Heroes
I thought I recognized some of those! :D Great job on the characters!
~ Fiddleback
Shaman (Lvl 01) in sonofotho’s Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells campaign
May Nature be at your side, The elements watch your back, and your enemy always in front of you
sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#255 Post by sonofotho »

badams30 wrote:
sonofotho wrote:Hey guys,

Charles

Safe travels! We got back from Charleston on Saturday, and it was a festival of sunburn, cranky kiddos, and good times at the beach. And as an added benefit, my son is now potty trained and our house is officially diaper-free for the first time in over 9 years.
Glad to hear you guys also had fun! And congrats on being diaper-free!
9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#256 Post by 9littlebees »

Bit crazy - last minute packing before I fly to the US for a week of vacation. Not sure how much I can write in the time, so please just carry on and I'll pick things up when I get back.

Charles, if you want / need to make some rolls or do a bit of roleplay for Xantius, then please do. Hopefully you've got an idea of his personality now. He's mostly just interested in finding the artefact, though the group is starting to grow on him...
badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#258 Post by badams30 »

9littlebees wrote:Bit crazy - last minute packing before I fly to the US for a week of vacation. Not sure how much I can write in the time, so please just carry on and I'll pick things up when I get back.

Charles, if you want / need to make some rolls or do a bit of roleplay for Xantius, then please do. Hopefully you've got an idea of his personality now. He's mostly just interested in finding the artefact, though the group is starting to grow on him...
You better watch it, Jasper is all about family, so he might get quite fond of Xantius. After all, he doesn't have a father figure, and obviously his mom was quite a taskmaster.
Safe travels!
sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#259 Post by sonofotho »

9littlebees wrote:Bit crazy - last minute packing before I fly to the US for a week of vacation. Not sure how much I can write in the time, so please just carry on and I'll pick things up when I get back.

Have a great vaca! I'll guide Xantius in your absence. If anything 'big' comes up, I may wait for you to come back. You never know... :twisted:
sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#260 Post by sonofotho »

Hey guys, we will have a brief hiatus. Xantius, Jayamanka, and the DM are all out traveling through Sunday. Let's wait until all are back to continue.

Hope that's ok with you all!

Return to “sonofotho’s Sandbox (Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells)”