A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

#241 Post by Dogma »

"A good plan Tohmal. There is much I must tell of waht I saw through the portal. Bad tidings I saw but i do not want to speak of them so close to the to the thing that spawned them."Lysander replies with a shudder. "Perhaps in the light of a new day they will be easier to speak of."
tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#242 Post by tazwmg »

ooc: is Lysander down 5 hp or just have 5 hp. if he only has 5 hps, Thurgrum will hit him with a CLW
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#243 Post by Alethan »

Greystone silently nods in acquiescence, too tired and too frightened to speak. He registers Darkstar's comment about watching the portal, but it doesn't register as something he should take action to resolve.

OOC: sorry, traveling and Internet access isn't set up like it should be. Supposed to be fixed tomorrow.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by hedgeknight »

tazwmg wrote:ooc: is Lysander down 5 hp or just have 5 hp. if he only has 5 hps, Thurgrum will hit him with a CLW
CLW: [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5

OOC: Just so I understand the group's decision, are you going to spend the night at the cave or near the archway? I'm asking because I need to post for wolfpack's character.
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#245 Post by Computer +1 »

I am open for a discussion in character.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#246 Post by Alethan »

Greystone asks, "How far is the cave? Can we both rest in the cave and alternate watches on the portal?"
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by hedgeknight »

"About 150 yards from this now dead glade," Tohmal mutters. "I'm sure Darkstar remembers it, although he and the human were only there a little while before we found them."

Tohmal glances at the dead oak that has stood since before even he was born and then at Min hugging Rosie. "We can leave some men here to guard the glade in case the portal reopens. We won't be too far away if that happens."
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#248 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar nods. Yes, leave a few guards, we can quickly return. We must talk and plan... HE starts heading towards the cave.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Argennian »

Purvan consoles Leesa the best he can, although he himself is shaken by what they just witnessed. He had secretly feared that she was gone and that he'd never see her again but had said nothing to that effect to the others. Everything that just transpired with the dryad and the stone archway is enough to make him once again think about his mission and why he's here in the first place.

The half-elf investigator has many questions for Lysander and the other elves but knows that now is probably not the best time. He listens to others as they discuss options and checks himself and Thaleese over for any unregistered wounds and such. When he meets the gaze of Greystone and Darkstar, he'll nod in agreement with whatever they decide.

As they begin to make for the cave, he will take Thaleese's hand and urge her along with him. "Just promise me that you won't ever just up and leave like that again, Leesa. The thought of never seeing you again is one I do not cherish nor wish to consider again..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#250 Post by Dogma »

Though the paladin's physical wounds are further healed by Thurgrums prayer, his spiritual wounds remain. Silent and withdrawn, he follows the others to the cave, weary to his bones and to his soul.
Last edited by Dogma on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#251 Post by tazwmg »

Before we rest, Thurgrum will give out his last CLW to whomever is hurt the most. then he will pray to get them back.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#252 Post by Alethan »

tazwmg wrote:Before we rest, Thurgrum will give out his last CLW to whomever is hurt the most. then he will pray to get them back.
OOC: that would be Lysander or Thurgrum...
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by hedgeknight »

The Cleft in the Rock

Leaving three of the Owl clan elves to guard to the archway, your battle-torn group trudges through the darkened woods to a slight hillock where a depression in the rocky cliff allows you some shelter and protection. On the way, Thaleese explains her absence. "I didn't just disappear without a reason. I wasn't running away. I had a...vision...from the Lady of the Forest and I just felt...compelled to go and find her. And then I knew I needed to help...someone, but I didn't know it was that strange fey creature. And...no matter how hard we tried, that damnable archway and the fell powers of the Abyss still killed her. Didn't it?"

Tohmal sends two elves out to watch while he and Min get a fire going in the mouth of the cave. Greystone is numb and Lysander is likewise silent as he reflects back on what transpired within the portal. Thurgrum, holy symbol in hand, checks his companions for visible wounds, looking to spend his last spell of healing for the day.
(Any takers?)

Once the fire is going and the wineskin has been passed more than a few times, Tohmal sits next to Darkstar and says, "Have you ever seen anything like that, cousin? Demons! Here in the Wood!"

As you talk into the night, weariness (and the wine) eventually take over and sleep, for some restless and filled with terrible dreams, for others deep, mind-numbing nothingness, carries you through until morning dawns cold.

Actions? Before or after you wake?

STATS:
Darkstar > 15/19
Greystone > 14/21
Lysander > 10/19
Purvan > 13/16
Thaleese > down 3
Thurgrum > 6/19
Min > down 8
Tohmal > down 4
Winter is coming...
tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#254 Post by tazwmg »

crap forgot to hit submit. try again.

Thurgrum will cast his last clw on himself unless someone pipes up. he has 2 healing potions if things get really bad. He will change his level 1 spells to all clw's. that will make 4. dropping the sanctuary. he will keep his current level 2 spells as is.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by hedgeknight »

tazwmg wrote:Thurgrum will cast his last clw on himself unless someone pipes up. he has 2 healing potions if things get really bad. He will change his level 1 spells to all clw's. that will make 4. dropping the sanctuary. he will keep his current level 2 spells as is.

CLW: [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4 :evil:
This f***ing dice roller is pissing me off!

Updated Stats:
Darkstar > 15/19
Greystone > 14/21
Lysander > 10/19
Purvan > 13/16
Thaleese > down 3
Thurgrum > 10/19
Min > down 8
Tohmal > down 4
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#256 Post by Alethan »

"Let's get some rest, survey the glade in the morning and see what we need to do then," says Greystone.

"Thomal, are we safe enough here? Or should we set a watch?"
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#257 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar shakes his head at Tohmal's words. No cousin, I have never seen the like before. It saps my heart to think of what else may come through and how ill prepaired we will be to meet it. He looks over towards Min. Will she be alright? I know she and Rosie were close.

He thinks for a moment longer before continuing. And what of your clan? Your elders must be warned and word must be sent to all the other clans of this threat.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#258 Post by Dogma »

"'How illed prepared we will be to meet it....', " said the paladin in a low voice, "I fear how true your words are, Darkstar."

Lysander looks up from the where he sat wrapped in his cloak by the fire. "Little did I sleep last night as I thought upon the visions I saw while through the portal. 'Tis not just demons we face, but a evil much greater that I fear could threaten all existence. A man in black I saw...a man of great power who seeks to raise a great monstrosity from beyond our world. On the shores of a black sea he was, a young woman at his feet...I...I think he was meaning to sacrifice her to this creature from beyond. Maybe this was the life force of the Dryad? Maybe it was a ritual to bring the beast? There is much of which I am uncertain."

He pulls his cloak closer against a chill that isn't there. "A ruin too I saw...a vision of the future of man or maybe a dark temple to the beast...maybe a place we must find to stop the summoning. To stop this creature from crossing to our world."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by hedgeknight »

I Couldn't Sleep At All Last Night...

Alethan wrote:"Thomal, are we safe enough here? Or should we set a watch?"
Computer +1 wrote:Darkstar...looks over towards Min. Will she be alright? I know she and Rosie were close. He thinks for a moment longer before continuing. And what of your clan? Your elders must be warned and word must be sent to all the other clans of this threat.

To Greystone > "We'll be fine, cousin." Tohmal says, settling in for the night. "The Owls will let us know if anything approaches."

To Darkstar > "Min...she'll be alright. Rosie was dear to us all. I fear what the glade may become without her to husband it. Warnings should be sent to the other clans, the Lynx and the Stag, but our elders...I fear it may be too late. This person...whoever he is...warped our minds, twisted us to become his servants. He must be stopped! He and his black robes are in our camp, planning the Lady knows what!"

As you talk into the night, weariness (and the wine) eventually take over and sleep, for some restless and filled with terrible dreams, for others deep, mind-numbing nothingness, carries you through until morning dawns cold. Lysander speaks of his visions whilst caught in the energies of the archway and the images he describes sends chills up and down your spines. Truly, there is some powerful entity at work here...but what exactly is its purpose?

After a cold breakfast of dried meat and some cheese, you return to the glade. In the morning light, it doesn't look so bad...from a distance. But up close, you see how the evil energies from the archway withered the beautiful trees that have stood here for centuries, scorched the grasses and plants all around, and then there's the ancient oak and the dessicated body of its guardian.

"So...how do you propose we destroy the archway?" Min says, her jaw locked in grief and anger. "I've a mind to hurt something, to make someone pay for all of this!"

Actions? Also, since no one spoke up, I awarded the CLW to Thurgrum; hp updated.

STATS:
Darkstar > 15/19
Greystone > 14/21
Lysander > 10/19
Purvan > 13/16
Thaleese > down 3
Thurgrum > 10/19
Min > down 8
Tohmal > down 4
Winter is coming...
tazwmg
Scout