Rider of Rohan

Re: where are the children

#21 Post by wolfpack »

continued searching reveals nothing, the strange prints just stop
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn will try and search to see if there is some sort of hidden passage where the tracks stop.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by wolfpack »

search as you might yu find no secret tunnel or trap door or anything of the like
GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn at a loss gives Sarge a bit of some dry meat from his rations as a reward. "You did good boy I'm just as confused as you. Let's go see brad Johnson and see about where his trap line is." the half-elf says heading for brad Johnson's place calling for Sarge to follow.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by wolfpack »

You find the man out back of his shack skinning some beaver for their pelts. he nods when he sees you arrive
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn greets Brad "Hi there Brad. I'm trying to find the two missing girls and heard you checked your trap line and thought you heard something but nobody could find anything. Could you show me where this was?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

at the mention of the girls his face turns solemn.

yes sir, went out to check my line and i swear on the third trap i heard a child cries. I knew the girls were missing, but no way little ones would have wandered that far to the forest.

i spend a good 3 hours looking but found nothing. I'm a pretty good tracker, i did find a few prints but they weren't kids. I'll be happy to take you to my line.
GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn nods his head "I'd appreciate that. Sarge and I followed some tracks to a cornfield from the girls home but then they vanished so I'm following this lead hoping to gain more insight."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by wolfpack »

Let me finish pelting these two beavers and I'll show you. It's a couple hours ride.

he finishes what he is doing then takes you to his trap line in the rackleaf. He leads you along a wear worn trail past a couple of traps and comes to a stop.

So I heard crying that way to the east. Sounded like a child so i went and checked it out.

you leave the trail about 300 yards and he stops.

See look here some strange prints he says stopping and kneeling down.
GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn having stopped by the house of the girls and getting his horse will follow Brad. Once near the prints he will dismount and check out the tracks and see if Sarge smells the scent they were following back to the cornfield as well as searching for other signs himself. "Hmm yes very odd tracks indeed." he says trying to examine and compare to the tracks he followed earlier.

Tracking Percentile [1d100] = 81
Search (if needed) Search [1d6] = 1

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

sarge raises his hackles again and you see the same kind of tracks as before, what you would think to be normal human but indention indicating something much heavier. you follow the prints a short distance and just like before they suddenly stop.
GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn where the tracks stop looks back to Brad "This about where you heard the noise? Or was that somewhere else?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by wolfpack »

I couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but I believe it was around here
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn continues to search the indicated area spanning out more looking for anything that might give him a lead tracks, or a piece of torn cloth from the girls clothing or tracks, bringing Sarge with him to sniff anything else that the half-elf might not be able to sense.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by wolfpack »

as you circle out form the last print searching once you get about 50 yards to the north of the spot sarge stops and stands straight, nose lifted in the air, he lets out a soft whine followed by a bark
GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn heads over to Sarge to see what the dog has found.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by wolfpack »

you go over to were sarge stands whining, once you are there he starts moving, stopping now and then stopping to sniff the air as you and brad johnson follow.

After a couple of hundred yards he starts to run, and rounds over the crest of a hill into a ravine.

The two of you quickly follow and as you get to the edge of the ravine you see 50 yards down below sarge next to a river back, laying in front of him a small body. Even at this distance you can see the blood.

gallons of it all around the body, you can see several feet away one of the arms torn off, you here the soft whimper from sarge and behind you you here a declarion of horror from brad.

by the gods
GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn rushes down to Sarge and the body. "Good boy Sarge." he rewards the dog again with a bit of dried meat from a dry ration. Then examines the found body and the area around it. "Whatever did this..." he leaves the statement unfinished as he checks for signs of life before spending a divine healing onto the body.

not using a CLW until i know if the thing is alive or not and if it is one of the girls

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by wolfpack »

you rush down to see the body.

It was a young girl as best you can tell. It has been savaged, the stomach torn open and entrails ripped out most of them eaten. The chest torn open and heart missing. one arm ripped off and half eaten, eye balls are missing almost as if sucked out, and the lips bitten off.

You hear a sharp intake of breath from brad behind you

what...what could have done this...a....a..bear maybe?
GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sylhorn turns to see what was behind him and looks around the area "I've no idea but i certainly want to put it down."

Return to “Wolfpack's Solo Game (1e)”