OOC Thread

sirravd
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Thread

#21 Post by Lance »

sirravd wrote:Clerics can prepare any spell they want from the clerical spell list
Any spell TOMORROW, sanctuary may still come in handy tonight! :D
Bree-yark
Scout
Scout

#22 Post by Bree-yark »

Lance wrote:Someone with a more arcane persuasion is more than welcome. ;)
At this point our gang is looking quite fragile, with the thief and the two clerics having 4 hp among them. :D There was at least one more person interested, hopefully they'll roll high STR and CON. :P
I was just reading the house rules and noticed that we can swap two scores. I could make a pretty good fighter by swapping wisdom and constitution. Sure I'll probably go insane pretty quickly with a 4 wisdom, but it beats having 1 hit point.
sirravd

#23 Post by sirravd »

Do you guys think the ability score minima are too harsh for LL AEC? I was considering lowering all of them by 2. If you want me to do that, and you then qualify for a subclass, you can remake your character as one of those subclasses.
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Hadarai »

Doh! You're right Sirravd I let it slip my mind. Blaive will probably need until level 2 at least haha.
sirravd wrote:Do you guys think the ability score minima are too harsh for LL AEC? I was considering lowering all of them by 2. If you want me to do that, and you then qualify for a subclass, you can remake your character as one of those subclasses.

Nah, I don't mind.
Bree-yark
Scout
Scout

#25 Post by Bree-yark »

Am I allowed to change classes? I forgot about the ability score swapping option, and I think a fighter would make more sense. I already rolled hit points for a cleric though, and would have to reroll if I changed.
sirravd

#26 Post by sirravd »

Yeah, you can switch! (Using ability score minima btb, you could also be an assassin.)
sirravd

#27 Post by sirravd »

You know, the ability score minima btb are way too harsh. I'm just gonna go ahead and lower them all by 3.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Lance »

TBH, the ability minima are harsh for a reason. We might as well just skip them and drop race/class restrictions too, like 3e did. :P
sirravd

#29 Post by sirravd »

True, but given the fact that none of the four characters thus far could qualify for any subclass, perhaps a bit too much...I've lowered them by 1, and will stick with that for the time being.
sirravd

#30 Post by sirravd »

How would you guys feel about a +250 XP bonus for every week where you post daily (or maybe 6x)?
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Bluetongue »

rather than xp bonus you could add a roleplay bonus so that a weak fighter who works out, breaking rocks for a few days in the quarry might get a chance to up lower level stats. I quite like playing a character as is rolled but if you get 1hp and a -2 to hit and damage penalty then it might be the barrows will get more landfill! In most of my games I allow players to start with max hp first level, we are heroes after all.

i just wanted to question the movement rate and why Harker is penalised. His encumbrance isn't that much in total, only 89lbs and that includes things like clothes, boots and belts not just armour and pack weight.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Lance »

Bluetongue wrote:we are heroes after all.
Speak for yourself, Endor is no such thing :D
ginnymack
Strider
Strider

#33 Post by ginnymack »

I'm taking in some hours to cover for a coworker on maternity leave so I've been way tired when I get home to play. I will however be back on track Friday night, so leave me some fun at the inn!
sirravd

#34 Post by sirravd »

Bluetongue wrote:rather than xp bonus you could add a roleplay bonus so that a weak fighter who works out, breaking rocks for a few days in the quarry might get a chance to up lower level stats. I quite like playing a character as is rolled but if you get 1hp and a -2 to hit and damage penalty then it might be the barrows will get more landfill! In most of my games I allow players to start with max hp first level, we are heroes after all.

i just wanted to question the movement rate and why Harker is penalised. His encumbrance isn't that much in total, only 89lbs and that includes things like clothes, boots and belts not just armour and pack weight.
If you really dislike a rolled character then you can roll up a second one to adventure simultaneously with him. I might also add stat increases at high level, like 3/4/5e does.

89lb. is in the highest bracket for encumbrance in LL. Imagine actually carrying 89lb of weight!
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by Bluetongue »

Harker

I posted here so as not to clog the action thread.

Suggests for group discussion:

Do we just hire a 'guide' to the Barrows and start delving or first check out other sources of potential first, the church, the Miller or wizard?

He donates 30sp (3gp) to start the team pool off. Perhaps we would all trust the cleric Blaive to be team treasurer.

Harker would like to ask if any of the farmers have a small sled he can purchase. Tyson the mastiff could be reined to drag it over the moors if it was small enough.

What ideas do we have for securing some extra healing or protection. First aid kit, poison antidotes, anti venom?

Looking at the equipment list and taking Ragnar's advice. Purchase a miners pick, spade and sledgehammer. 10 extra flasks of lantern oil, (fire as a weapon always useful), 6 large sacks (for treasure or body bags), extra waterskins (no telling if clean drinking water is available), tarpaulin to use as adhoc rain shelter if we camp outside.
ginnymack
Strider
Strider

#36 Post by ginnymack »

Mal has a mule that carries 2 chests. I was lucky with my coinage roll so I look the liberty of buying the mule and chests for the trip to the barrows. Mal also has a miners pick and two shovels to throw in the mix. I think buying sledgehammers is a good idea, and perhaps some rope? Mal will throw in 15 gp to help with supplies.
Bree-yark
Scout
Scout

#37 Post by Bree-yark »

Jacor throws in 4 gp to the party fund. I think we should try to find a guide. Do we know how far it is? Can we go there, explore, and make it back to town before dark, or will we need to set up camp. If we need to camp, a tent would be a good idea. Might be a good idea even if we don't expect to need it. Jacor is almost at his encumbrance limit already so I didn't get him much equipment. We should make sure that at least somebody has rope. Extra waterskins and torches/oil is always good too.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Lance »

Bree-yark wrote:Do we know how far it is? Can we go there, explore, and make it back to town before dark, or will we need to set up camp.
13. Barrowmaze. Barrowmaze lies a half-day's march south of Helix, though new arrivals have no hope of getting there without the aid of a guide.
As for rope, Endor does have some.

Edit: to reiterate, i chip in 3 gold.
Last edited by Lance on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sirravd

#39 Post by sirravd »

Note: A "half-day" is 4 hours, since we're assuming 8 hours is a full day's march. Will make that clear
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Hadarai »

Brother Blaive will chip in 3 gold as well, this is what we got so far.

Harker - 30sp (3g)
Mal - 15g (Big spender! :mrgreen: )
Jacor - 4g
Endor - 3g
Brother Blaive - 3g

Total Party "War Chest" - 28g

Return to “Barrowmaze [LL AEC]”