Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Lionel's Rendezvous with Latiqua

#21 Post by Bluehorse »

Garrison Ave. Downtown Ft. Smith
Lionel's Rendezvous with Latiqua
Aug. 10, 2018, 12am. Midnight.
Nice and cool, less humid

The next few minutes go on silently as the band plays on and  Lionel looks away for only a second, but when he looks back, the The Old Man is gone other than a mostly empty drink.  The rest of the night goes on like that, with an oddly eerie feeling that as the townspeople slowly filter off to go to sleep there is more waking up.  It is almost as if everyone hears some underlying cue as the bars and street slowly begin to empty.  There are still a few businesses catering to the nightlife, but it is obvious that things are dying down other than the young and foolhardy who are raging against the night to get their share of Friday night drink and music in the half dozen or so places still open along the Ave.  Time ticks on and even these people seem to slowly catch the cue and start to leave for home.  By midnight, even the establishment Lionel has been enjoying himself is practically empty and announcing the last call.  There are three places left open back up the road, but it is obvious that will not last for long.  The Avenue has grown quiet.  Not quite dark, but there is a mutedness to it from before as all the neon signs and lights slowly go dim, one by one.  You get the sense of the town going to sleep... and the odd irony of Fort Smith becoming a self-induced Ghost Town.

Unless you have something else you want to do, I will close this scene.

Brownie Point Pool
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 52/58 (*)

* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#22 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

As the bar and surrounding establishments are closing, Lionel heads back to the firehouse. He sets his alarm for 6 a.m. so he can get up and go for a run in the morning. He then goes to bed.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Bluehorse »

Successful at learning Latiqua be CrayCray +1
Shared about yourself without looking like a dork +1
Avoided a public fight +1
Successful Cool Roll leads to feature photo by local paper on Screecher +1
Mysterious Old Man with a Beer conversation(s) +1

+5 bp.