Expedition - Fingers: The Kobold Tower - 05 June 2021

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Fingers: The Kobold Tower - 05 June 2021

#21 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss

Dumps his pack in a corner and takes a long drink from his wineskin. "Not used to hiking so much." Do any of you guys speak Kobold? He looks at Fingers and Rhybek.

He will volunteer for the first watch then rest. He hasn't cast any spells so shouldn't need to rememorize any study notes.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by Alethan »

Rhybek

Rhybek nods, A bit better than my goblin-speak; not quite as well as my gnomish, but it's passable. 'Know thine enemy as well as thine friend', my grandpappy used to say. But... pretty sure that wasn't his own work."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Able walks along quietly throughout the day and does not bother commenting on Rhybek blaming of a farmhand who had only been out here once before. Once it is apparent they will need to camp, he offers to scout the area for a more sheltered location. There's darkness more than just the absence of light in these untamed wilds. Best to find a bit of physical shelter to add to our peace of mind.

He lets Idriss know he knows no languages other than the common tongue. Serves me well enough in my duties, I suppose. He wonders if any cleric of Eruanna have tried to convert a kobold or goblin.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

The brushy fields stretch to the north, east and north west, the rolling foot hills beginning just to the south and southwest. Abe helps searches dusk falls, finding a patch just a half-movement south that is suitable. A small copse of trees on a small hillslope provides firewood and some cover from the wide plains, an artisan spring fills a pool and provides water for washing and drinking. A patch of wide green leaves grows next to the pool - wild potatoes to supplement the meal(+2 man-days unpreserved rations).

Please set watch-orders for the expedition. I will Assume they remain the same until changed.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Is that +2 days each? Or total?

We have a few characters that have yet to say or do anything on this adventure. Is Silent and Neegan with us?

Zhym, this is Finger's expedition, so if you want to call out the watch, that's fine. I don't want to step on expedition leader toes... Rhybek is good with second or third shift, though, if you wanted to do three shifts of two each.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Marullus »

Two days total.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Zorroroaster »

Apologies. Life backhanded me recently and I only just saw this thread. I promise to get caught up and integrate Silent in an appropriate way. :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by Alethan »

Zorroroaster wrote:Apologies. Life backhanded me recently and I only just saw this thread. I promise to get caught up and integrate Silent in an appropriate way. :lol:
It happens, brother. I got sucker punched last year. But we get up, brush ourselves off, and keep at it. Hope it all turns out for the better.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Marullus »

Keeping it relaxed over the Holiday weekend. When the watch is set, I'll move time again.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Able volunteers to take first or second watch.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Dram »

Neegan- Speaks keeping quiet most of the trek getting a feel for his new companions. Your granpappy was a wise man. I can also speak kobold.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zorroroaster »

As they stop to rest Silent exhales so loudly that he startles some of his nearby fellows. Indeed, it's almost as if he'd vanished along the trek, darting in and out of the undergrowth, ranging to the side to keep a wider eye out for danger. He drops his pack and rolls his shoulders.

He indicates to Fingers that he's able to take any of the watch shifts.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

How's this work for watch shifts?

1. Neegan Able
2. Silent Fingers
3. Rhybek Idriss
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

sounds good.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zorroroaster »

good by me.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Spearmint »

Okay for Idriss
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Marullus »

Okay, assuming that's 12 hours with three four-hour shifts (generally 9pm to 9am), allowing Able and Idriss to recover spells when necessary?

The group settles down for the night, eating their dinners and setting a small fire by their spring-fed pool in the copse of trees. The sun finally sets at about 9:51pm. Wrapped in their bedrolls, the rest of the group dozes off, leaving Neegan and Ablesforth to watch the stars over the plain through the gently blowing tree branches above. The new moon of the Greenleaf Festival has passed, a growing crescent glowing overhead and providing a faint silver limning to the fields. A steady south wind blows the thin overcast clouds of the day away, leaving a rare window of clear night above. Storm clouds roll in from the south, however, promising a steadier drizzle before the morning.

Neegan and Ablesforth are alerted by the sound of a snapping branch. Staring intently through the grove, they see the movement - along the edge of the wooded patch about 110' to their east, are two giant humanoid figures. They appear to be inspecting the tops of the trees, one of them snaps off a full-size branch with hits fingers and flicks it at the other. The second grumbles, a deep bass voice speaking in an unknown language, apparently protesting the act. They haven't yet noticed the fire or the group, hidden within the grove. They are at least twelve feet tall, but other details are difficult in the faint moonlight.

Date: 11:00pm, 05 June 2021
Light: Small Campfire (10')
Astrology: Moonset 12:18am. Sunrise 4:31am.
Weather: High of 58 F, now dropped to 50 F, 10mph winds from South.
Distance travelled: 13.5 miles since Farrow Farm
Injuries: None
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm home sick today and just happen to be checking as updates are happening. I'm going to hold and let Baxtaw take the lead on this.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Marullus »

Dram?
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

He hasn't been on since Friday.

I'd suggest a strategy of laying low and hoping they move on by. I don't know if Dram could wake people quietly, just in case they notice us.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”