5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

#21 Post by ybn1197 »

Darkmane wrote:Mhair, the middle aged woman says, "If we are right, your friend may have picked up a cursed item. Sometimes curses will force their victim's to act in strange ways. I think your friend should be able to part with a little fragment of cloth, if he still has free will."

Cormack is standing there looking confused with moments of curios rage passing over his face. It is as if a struggle has him consumed internally and he cannot act.
"Aye, I still have it," Cormack says almost skittishly. "What of it? Tis just a piece of cloth. How could it possibly be cursed?"
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble chuckles at Cormack's innocent question "Well my friend anything can be cursed just like anything can be magical or blessed. All it requires is to be an object and have a person with the means to cast the curse, blessing or spell to enchant it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Darkmane »

The bald wizard known as Xynevell says,"Thank ye sir dwarf, could you lay the object on a table? I'll cast a spell on it, and if it isn't dark magic, you can take it up again. If it is evil magic I will do my best to help you rid yourself of it. *His eyes grow silver in color, the pupils nearly lost in the white of the eye* I can see that you have it in your pocket. It looks more solid than cloth, what does the cloth hide?"

Thorax - after you hear the wizard say it is in Cormack's pocket, you suddenly remember Cormack messing around with something in his pocket during breaks at the forge this year. It was as if he had a coin or something and had been flipping it end over end. You had thought nothing of it until now....
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack becomes very defensive. "It hides nothing! You want to examine the cloth?! Fine!" Cormack unbuckles the plate of armor outside of his pocket. He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out the cloth, tossing it onto the table. He then quickly refastens the plate armor.
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon leans forward to get a better look at the mysterious cloth.
"It looks like just a plain piece of cloth. Why do you think it's cursed?"
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Now hold a moment. I can detect evil on the cloth if you give me a moment." glimble mutters a prayer to Gond and holds a hand above the cloth casting Detect Evil.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Darkmane »

Glimble: The detect evil spell shows nothing on the cloth, however, you see something radiating like a torch from under Cormack's pocket.

Xynevyll continues to stare with his white eyes. "The cloth merely held the cursed object. Take it out sir dwarf, fight to gain control of yourself!"

Mhair looks tense and watches everything intently, while Ben has made his way to the bar, shook hands with Durnan, and is sipping an ale, apologizing for getting blood or gunk on Durnan's stools from his clothes....
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by ylinett »

Thorax looks to Cormack. "Do you need help or saving?"
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Tella arches an eyebrow at the glowing item on Cormack's pocket.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by ybn1197 »

ylinett wrote:Thorax looks to Cormack. "Do you need help or saving?"
Cormack stands still for a moment, a troubled look crosses his face as if he is facing some internal turmoil. Slowly, he again unbuckles the plate covering his side and sticks his hand in his pocket. Moments pass as he stands there, the troubled look crossing his face a couple times more before he quickly removes his hand from his pocket and slams it down on the table. He opens his fist and a couple of small bones fall out. It appears to be something's finger bones. Quickly he jerks his hand back and crosses his arms over his chest. "Tis nothin'!" he practically spits at Thorax. He then turns his glare to Xynevyll. "Their mine and I will thank ye to have them back when ye be done lookin' at them!" He continues to hover over the bones and clothe, never wavering his glare from them. His upper body tense as if he could lash out at any moment.
GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble a look of utter surprise "Thorax do be careful the evil is not on the cloth it is on the items our friend Cormack has in his pockets." he focuses on the items Cormack takes out of his pocket with the detect evil provided it is still in effect.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Darkmane »

After Cormack drops the finger bone on the table, Mhair finishes whispering something low under her breath. A wave of unseen force moves through the room, as if a light breeze just cut through. Cormack staggers back, she just cast a very powerful dispel or remove curse on you, the curse is lifted and you feel much better, all the tension and stiffness is gone.

Meanwhilre, Xynevell pulls out a long pair of tongs and a small mahogany box. When he opens the box it is lined with a dull grey metal. Watching Cormack for any reaction, he slowly picks up the finger bones with care and places them in the box. A flash of something forgotten moves across Cormack's face and for a moment he acts like he might have jumped Xynevell, but it's as if he's forgotten why he would be mad at them.... or why he would care for the thing on the table.

Ben walks forward handing Cormack a pint of ale, and clinks cups with the dwarf, "You're all lucky that Cormack took up this thing, I think if a Wizard had the item it would have fully consumed him by now. Cheers to Tymora and Mystra both for our luck and skill in art that banished this curse. And cheers to Dwarves, you magic resistant, hard headed, stubborn, and honourable lot... probably the only race capable of hanging on something like this thing!"

Durnan brings over a whole bunch of ales for the party, grumbling under his breath about how wizards always got to bring trouble through the door, and Xynevell shuts the box. The mood changes and you are all able to talk about adventures and Waterdeep... the curse now behind you.
ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by ylinett »

Breathing a sigh of relief Thorax stands down. "Thank you and apologies to all. Let's drink!"
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble not a drinker of ale but not wanting to offend takes the tankard and drinks accidentally dipping his gnome nose into the frothy ale he sets the tankard down and some of the foam remains on his nose. "Well that is some hearty drink there my friends."

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon relaxes and returns to his stool to enjoys his free frothy ale. He lift the ale and sip a bit then speaks to the mages present
"What will you do with the finger? Is it still cursed?"
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Bullheaded lot. She will say taking up a tankard. She will then chat with the other mages from the order and thank them profusely.
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Darkmane »

Xynevell sighs, and responds to Ganon, "I think I'll probably use a powerful spell known to some as Legends and Lore and I can contact some extraplanar entities that I know, hopefully this will clue me into where this item came from, and maybe I will learn how to destroy it. We will contact Tella and let her know what our efforts produced!"

Ben comes over, with his tankard of ale, and says"And I'll be watching you to make sure you don't decide to touch that thing. I really wouldn't want to see what would happen if you did! I don't think any wizard should be left alone with it!"
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Darkmane »

Guys, I'll probably start the trip into Undermountain on Wed morning, I have a work training today and Tuesday which will take up all my time = no time for posting :(

In the meantime, you guys can deduct your 1gp, and look at the old maps and decide which direction to explore during this trip....
spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: 1gp deducted.
GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

deducted 1gp

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”