OOC Chat

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Chat

#21 Post by Mimdalf »

I've updated Blixx
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Norjax »

Scythius has posted his character, so we have our Pure Human. :)

We should discuss marching order and other SOP's.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by Alethan »

Character sheet updated with equipment and encumbrance.

Are you going to give us some background relevant to the area/time, BA?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Bloodaxe »

Alethan wrote:Character sheet updated with equipment and encumbrance.

Are you going to give us some background relevant to the area/time, BA?

Yes, I'll get more up this weekend. I actually have a few scenarios/adventures in mind. Ive had an emergency at work, so my time has been limited the last few days. Sorry for the delay.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by rredmond »

Looks like this is shaping up to be a fun game 'axe!
I'll be a-lurking (and not just because I'm a Mod either ;) ).
Be well guys, I like my swords and sorcery games, but this should be real interesting to follow.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Bloodaxe »

Edited HP and some minor things on characters. Remember you have 100 gold for starting equipment, if you didn't already choose your stuff.

I will assume you are all travelling together, looking for loot, work, or just trying to get to the next town. You are close to broke.
Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by Scythius Equinus »

So it is like real life then...
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Norjax »

Scythius Equinus wrote:So it is like real life then...
LOL, nice!

I've added my weapons and equipment. Edit as you see fit, Bloodaxe. :)
Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Bloodaxe »

Norjax wrote:
Scythius Equinus wrote:So it is like real life then...
LOL, nice!

I've added my weapons and equipment. Edit as you see fit, Bloodaxe. :)

LOL. I hear ya....

I'll look it over. Im assuming you can stand on two legs & fight too, but mostly travel like an ape on all fours.
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Norjax »

rredmond wrote:...I like my swords and sorcery games, but this should be real interesting to follow.
Sword and Sorcery is my preference too, but I've always been curious about Gamma World (Mutant Future) and finally have a chance to give it a try. :)
Bloodaxe wrote:I'll look it over. Im assuming you can stand on two legs & fight too, but mostly travel like an ape on all fours.
Yep. Plus, my two abdominal tentacles can hold items (but not manipulate/use them).
Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Bloodaxe »

“Ruins are closer!” Nor-jax impatiently replies to Kapok, pounding his fists on the road. “If Frank-man wants to go to the ruins, then Nor-jax will follow. Towns don’t like us, anyway.”

OCC: Nor-jax is a brute, so I’m going to play him appropriately. Please don’t take this personal. :)
In addition, I think he should have a genetic predisposition to follow the lead/orders of a Pure Human. The god-men who created the T’Hunn were, after all, humans.

------------------------------

Cool stuff!
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Norjax »

Bloodaxe wrote:“Ruins are closer!” Nor-jax impatiently replies to Kapok, pounding his fists on the road. “If Frank-man wants to go to the ruins, then Nor-jax will follow. Towns don’t like us, anyway.”

OCC: Nor-jax is a brute, so I’m going to play him appropriately. Please don’t take this personal. :)
In addition, I think he should have a genetic predisposition to follow the lead/orders of a Pure Human. The god-men who created the T’Hunn were, after all, humans.

------------------------------

Cool stuff!
Thanks. Just playing along! ;)
Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Bloodaxe »

OOC: I built Kapok's inventory to somewhat deal with his speed at night issues. If someone with plenty of strength and speed and has encumbrance room to spare can carry his duffle bag (33lbs), then he can up his speed to 60". If someone agrees to do this, I figured it would just be a SOP any time at night when speed was an issue. If nobody wants to do it, not a big deal. But Kapok's speed drops to 45".

-------------------

I wont be too much of a stickler with encumbrance. But I'll let you know if you try and carry too much. Might hurt you if you need to run away from a big nasty.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

Bloodaxe wrote:OOC: I built Kapok's inventory to somewhat deal with his speed at night issues. If someone with plenty of strength and speed and has encumbrance room to spare can carry his duffle bag (33lbs), then he can up his speed to 60". If someone agrees to do this, I figured it would just be a SOP any time at night when speed was an issue. If nobody wants to do it, not a big deal. But Kapok's speed drops to 45".

-------------------

I wont be too much of a stickler with encumbrance. But I'll let you know if you try and carry too much. Might hurt you if you need to run away from a big nasty.
Unfortunately, I am! ;)
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Norjax »

Alethan wrote:OOC: I built Kapok's inventory to somewhat deal with his speed at night issues. If someone with plenty of strength and speed and has encumbrance room to spare can carry his duffle bag (33lbs), then he can up his speed to 60". If someone agrees to do this, I figured it would just be a SOP any time at night when speed was an issue. If nobody wants to do it, not a big deal. But Kapok's speed drops to 45".
If I carried Kapok's duffel bag my encumbrance would be 95#. My movement would be 30ft/10ft/30ft (20ft/7ft/20ft bipedal).

Can anyone else work something out?

I couldn't find any encumbrance bonus for exceptional strength. I wonder why MF chose not to include this? :?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

Norjax wrote:
Alethan wrote:OOC: I built Kapok's inventory to somewhat deal with his speed at night issues. If someone with plenty of strength and speed and has encumbrance room to spare can carry his duffle bag (33lbs), then he can up his speed to 60". If someone agrees to do this, I figured it would just be a SOP any time at night when speed was an issue. If nobody wants to do it, not a big deal. But Kapok's speed drops to 45".
If I carried Kapok's duffel bag my encumbrance would be 95#. My movement would be 30ft/10ft/30ft (20ft/7ft/20ft bipedal).

Can anyone else work something out?

I couldn't find any encumbrance bonus for exceptional strength. I wonder why MF chose not to include this? :?
No worries, thanks for checking. I was wondering the same thing, though. Seemed odd.

If anything, he'll just have to lag behind a bit. And he'll know what he has to drop if fleeing, too!
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Norjax »

If we find a wheelbarrow, we can "place" Kapok in it during night travels. Yes, I am serious.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by Alethan »

:shock:
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by Alethan »

Don't know if that would be any faster... Or how much he'd like the idea of being carted around like it was spring clearance at the Home Depot garden center. ;)
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Norjax »

Alethan wrote:Don't know if that would be any faster... Or how much he'd like the idea of being carted around like it was spring clearance at the Home Depot garden center. ;)
We'd just 'plant' you for the night! :P

Return to “Mutant Future - The Wretched Regions”