UE Issue #5: The Melting DAGGER

gurusql
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #5: The Melting DAGGER

#21 Post by shaidar »

Umbra lands and waits with the others while Azir and Eclipse go to speak to those in charge.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by gurusql »

Old Trainyard across from Willoughby Tower
3:10 PM Local Time – Wednesday, October 28th, 1987

Grimm: DEX 20, DEF 22, END 46/46, STUN 38/38
Knight Light: DEX 20/18, DEF 18, END 36/36, STUN 27/27
Umbra: DEX 20, DEF 22, END 48/48, STUN 37/37
Eclipse: DEX 20, DEF 21/25, END 46/46, STUN 29/29
Wind Dragon: DEX 20, DEF 20, END 46/46, STUN 38/38
Azir: DEX 18, DEF 27, END 56/56, STUN 56/56

The heroes gather outside the train car. The two men in suits exit the train car with the frustrated police lieutenant throwing up hands in angry. The taller of the two, is in his mid-40s, with a well-groomed appearance, wearing a dark blue suit, tie, and polished black shoes. His demeanor is calm and composed, perhaps reflecting his years of experience in handling high-stakes situations. He motions the heroes closer to him and says, "My name is Agent Freeman and this is my partner Agent Washington. We have a critical situation on our hands. It appears that a new villain, Doctor Death has obtained a nuclear device, and is threatening to detonate it unless he is paid 1/2 billion dollars and a bunch of other insane demands. The Local Leos have created a perimeter. But there are still hostages left in the bank and an unknown number of people in the building above the bank. When the hostages were released the bomb was located in the main lobby as were the 10 remaining hostages. Since that time they have barricaded themselves in and limited our sight-lines - we no longer think the nuclear device is in the lobby. Agent Washington fill tell you about the bomb."

Agent Washington is also well groomed, but in his late 30's and of Native American decent. He says, "I think that this is following the plans of a German design and can be disarmed by removing the outer casing and then cutting the red, yellow, green and then blue wires."

Actions Heroes!
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Leitz »

Knight Light

"Is that red, yellow, green, and then blue in sequence, or red, yellow, and green at the same time, and then blue?" Knight Light said. "What tools are required for removing the outer casing? If it can't be disarmed, is dropping it in the lake an option?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Good question. Also, what type of detonator are we talking, some kind of countdown or remotely triggered? Have we any reports of what super powers doctor death has? What about his minions, how many and are they supers too?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Grimm

"Dropping it in the lake should be a last resort, it is used as drinking water my a lot of people. High up would be better as long as you don't get it into the ionosphere."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Umbra, could you slide it into the shadow realm and if so what would be the ramifications?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"Unfortunately I have not mastered the ability to move matter permanently to the shadow realm, only temporarily move through it myself. I could, however, turn into a living shadow and scout out the bank."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

Azir

"That is an excellent idea, see what we can learn."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"The power is quite tiring. I will be limited to how long I can keep it going for."

I might only be able to keep it going for a few turns. I may have to use it to get past certain obstacles and then go back to normal. I thought I'd chosen the stealth skill, but must have trimmed it out to save points. Not quite as useful as I originally thought.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Leitz »

Knight Light

"Aren't their maintenance tunnels and such under most blocks? You could go that way and not be seen by the reporters and such. It would probably give you a place to rest, too." Knight Light said. "Can you take someone else with you?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"Sadly no, just me. That is an interesting idea. I could use my power to pass under doors or through pipes, with time to rest as I go. For closer destinations that I can see it's less tiring to teleport."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Azir

If she can get in Azir might be the best choice. She has Luck and Night vision for powers and Shadowing and Stealth for skills (both 13-). She is also very difficult to take out quickly if discovered.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:15 pm Azir

If she can get in Azir might be the best choice. She has Luck and Night vision for powers and Shadowing and Stealth for skills (both 13-). She is also very difficult to take out quickly if discovered.
Maybe he can get through doors and open them from the inside?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Leitz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:33 pm
Rex wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:15 pm Azir

Maybe he can get through doors and open them from the inside?
Both going together might be a good idea.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by gurusql »

Agent Washington
Leitz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:51 pm "Is that red, yellow, green, and then blue in sequence, or red, yellow, and green at the same time, and then blue?" Knight Light said. "What tools are required for removing the outer casing? If it can't be disarmed, is dropping it in the lake an option?"
Agent Washington replies, "One at a time red then yellow then green and then blue. Some have a motion sensor - but not all so the lake would not be my first choice. And that is ignoring the ecological disaster it would cause. The default model is a countdown device. The casing should be opened with a rachet."

Agent Freeman

"The supers are your department - we do not have a record of this person."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by gurusql »

Old Trainyard across from Willoughby Tower
3:10 PM Local Time – Wednesday, October 28th, 1987

Grimm: DEX 20, DEF 22, END 46/46, STUN 38/38
Knight Light: DEX 20/18, DEF 18, END 36/36, STUN 27/27
Umbra: DEX 20, DEF 22, END 48/48, STUN 37/37
Eclipse: DEX 20, DEF 21/25, END 46/46, STUN 29/29
Wind Dragon: DEX 20, DEF 20, END 46/46, STUN 38/38
Azir: DEX 18, DEF 27, END 56/56, STUN 56/56

There was a lot of discussion on perhaps Azir and Umbra scouting to get in the bank. It is clear that Umbra has a few ways to get to the other side of the door (teleport and desolid), but neither can take someone with him. I am not sure what the plan to enter is?
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Leitz »

gurusql wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:53 am There was a lot of discussion on perhaps Azir and Umbra scouting to get in the bank. It is clear that Umbra has a few ways to get to the other side of the door (teleport and desolid), but neither can take someone with him. I am not sure what the plan to enter is?
Those doors have to be openable from the inside, safety regulations. So Umbra goes in, and then opens the door for Azir.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse
gurusql wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:49 am Agent Freeman

"So there have been no eyewitness accounts of superpowers being used in there?"
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Leitz »

Knight Light

"I guess the main question is, if a couple people can go in through the underground door, why not all of us?" Knight Light said.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by gurusql »

shaidar wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:44 am Eclipse
gurusql wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:49 am Agent Freeman

"So there have been no eyewitness accounts of superpowers being used in there?"
"Doctor Death has had reports of glowing red eyes, but no attacks to speak of and the others with him are arm with some kind of rifle."

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”