Eris
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [001] A Wizard in Danger

#161 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"Thank you Beto, we will be back for you I swear."

Ulfgar slips the amulet over his head and under his armor.

"Lets move out."

Sheet updated.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by shaidar »

Fergus

"Agreed, I need to hit something with my sword"

Wendel

The wizard roll his eyes at Fergus

"Putting this off any longer will certainly not improve our chances, let's go."
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by Eris »

Salud leads your little party away from the buildings that used to be a monastery and a few hundred feet away to an old, overgrown, cemetery. Passing through the crumbling walls where an old iron gate has rusted and fallen you enter something entirely different!

Inside, the grounds are neatly tended with grass only a few inches high. There are paths of small stone winding among what look like well cared for grave markers and mausoleums. Even those who don't know magic can feel it here, it permeates the cemetery holding it in a perpetual state of repair and repose.

Toward the center of the cemetery there is a temple raised up above four broad stone steps to a columned porch that runs around the whole building. In the center there is a set of large doors that gleam golden in the sunlight.

Salub stops on the path outside this temple, points up to the Temple and says bitterly, "There it is! If you can read Goblinoid you can read those runes."

You see that there are runes carved into the stone lintel above the gleaming doors. They are in several languages: Elvish, Dwarven, Goblinoid, and another none of you know...but not Common.

"Final home of the Goblin Slayer Monagh!" Salub translates, but any of you who can read it for yourselves sees something different..."Final home of Monagh Iron Hand! No one may enter these halls and leave untested."

"That is a temple to the evil god Ord!" Salub says holding both fists up in front of his eyes like a boxer, "We are forbidden to enter such a place. HIS One Eye closes forever on any who pass that threshold."

He turns to you and says, "But what do you care. You don't worship Old One Eye you may even worship Ord, for all I know. You can pass that door!"

"Monagh" Salub spits on the ground, "killed the last Goblin King, Claak the Wise and stole his scepter of office, but even Elves do not live forever...no matter what they will tell you. Monagh died and took our scepter to his grave with him."

"After all these years, The Boss I serve wants me to bring it back to him in the high mountains. I have searched for five years to find this place. Only to find that the scepter is buried with that bastard behind the walls of a Temple to Ord where I can't go get it."
Salub growls in frustration and it takes a few seconds for him to control himself.

"Go in there and rip that scepter from the bastard's grip and bring it to me!" Salub says, "There are probably riches in there. Gold, gems, who knows what! They are yours! I just want that scepter. I can't go home without it and I, we, want to go home to the mountains."

"Don't ask me what dangers might await you inside those doors, for I do not know. I can tell you a few things though." Salub says, "There is magic here that we can't dispel and my shaman tells me he smells undead in there. The scroll I found that led me here talks of something called the Left Hand Guard that is pledged to protect Monagh forever, but that could mean anything."

"Will you do this?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

Ulfgar just gives Salud a look like he is a total idiot.

Then he moves into the crypt.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by shaidar »

Fergus nods at Salub

"Yeah, let's get this done."

Wendel

"A temple to Ord, very interesting. Forward then."
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Marullus »

Norgrim and Willow are glad to get out of the killing field covered by the archers above and follow Ulfgar in as quickly as possible.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by Eris »

And now we move to [002] A Temple and a Tomb
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Return to “Shadows in the Dark (Shadowdark)”